TCMD - Keeper League Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'd like to keep the contracts at the start to irl deals, after the first year then we use the tcmd free agency system and leave the irl contracts in the dust.

Using the irl contracts to kick it off, worked with the base / bonus structure I was thinking for the fa system after the first year.  

Take it you aren't a fan?....haha.

To be honest, I hadn't thought of any other process so I'd like to see what you suggesting looks like and how it would look.

It would like 

1st round pick- 15million

2nd round pick- 12 million

3rd round pick- 10 million

And so on

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It would like 

1st round pick- 15million

2nd round pick- 12 million

3rd round pick- 10 million

And so on

Right.

Let me do some homework on this.  

What concerns do you have with using IRL cap numbers and contract lengths?

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

It does. It is just a lot more work 

I think if we used irl contracts each year then it would be a lot of work, but I think it would be easy enough to set something up like the draft board we use that would contain the contract details so no one is having to dig up this information and once drafted the players are transferred to the team rosters.  After the first year none of us would need to track irl contracts.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I think if we used irl contracts each year then it would be a lot of work, but I think it would be easy enough to set something up like the draft board we use that would contain the contract details so no one is having to dig up this information and once drafted the players are transferred to the team rosters.  After the first year none of us would need to track irl contracts.  

Well we would have to keep track of the length and terms for the remainder of these guys contracts right?

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well we would have to keep track of the length and terms for the remainder of these guys contracts right?

Right, but take the official team workbooks we've been using for the tcmd mocks.  I collected all the data before hand and listed out each year of the players contract in a separate sheet.  This is how I'd like to set it up with this.

So lets say Eli Manning.  I picked him up in the later rounds and after we kick this off he resigns or signs another deal with a team.  We don't look at what he does past his current situation when we pull the contract info.  So the data we collect prior to starting is locked in just like we do when we start a mock by locking the rosters.  

So if I signed Eli Manning this year I'd need to hope he doesn't retire irl but I could then resign him using our own tcmd system, whatever that turns out to be.

Or another example, lets say I draft Jared Goff, on the last year of his contract.  I'm drafting him as a player with one year left of his deal and would need to extend his contract using tcmd guidelines to retain him.   I wouldn't need to track what irl is doing with him or the amount he resigns. 

Edit:  I guess in this situation, the tcmd team would most likely use the 5th year option.

We're only tracking the current situation at the time we pull the player information.    

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

We'll need to make certain we want to do a draft for this.  If we do, we'll need to likely set it up were we are picking several players at once.

If we managed a 32 team league with just a 53 man roster, we're looking at 1696 picks...haha.

Even a 16 team league with a 53 man roster would mean 848 picks.  Perhaps we need to rethink this....haha.   

• Like 1

I think  a better option would be to do a multiple player auction block.  Each GM has a set amount to use for bidding on players.  You could have 10-20 players on the auction block at 1 time.  Use a 24 hour bid countdown clock.  

Say each team has $1000 to use during the auction.  That allows each team to pursue the players they want to.  The minimum bidding amount would be $1, so to fill out a valid 53-man roster, the most you could spend on 1 player would be $948, with the remaining 52 players being the minimum $1.  

Myfantasyleague (MFL) has this type of option.  I do have other ideas using a google sheets and forms bidding process, but the MFL is easy as the player universe is already set in.  

Going to dinner now, will be back later to discuss more thoughts.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think  a better option would be to do a multiple player auction block.  Each GM has a set amount to use for bidding on players.  You could have 10-20 players on the auction block at 1 time.  Use a 24 hour bid countdown clock.  

Say each team has $1000 to use during the auction.  That allows each team to pursue the players they want to.  The minimum bidding amount would be $1, so to fill out a valid 53-man roster, the most you could spend on 1 player would be $948, with the remaining 52 players being the minimum $1.  

Myfantasyleague (MFL) has this type of option.  I do have other ideas using a google sheets and forms bidding process, but the MFL is easy as the player universe is already set in.  

Interesting stuff.

I won't be around hardly at all this week but when I get back id like to check it out.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

You got a link to this so I can check it out?

Not sure if you caught it but I had mentioned doing a fa system using chips.  Personally, I like the idea.  We'd be signing more players faster than any draft could do.  When I suggested this I was thinking about closed bidding but I wouldn't be opposed to an auction style system for this section of the keeper.  I don't like the idea of limiting it to a certain amount of players though.  Always like the idea of being able to bid on who you want when you want.

I don't think this would be too difficult to set up so that we could all get a better idea of how it would work.  Actually, I've got something that I could convert to work here.  I built it for BDL for their auction style free agency, and with a little help was able to set it up so that the 24 clock changes each time an owner ups the bid, allowing for the countdown to restart if another team makes an offer before the deadline.

With this keeper it's important that we get the start of this right, so I'd like to test every option.

Appreciate the input....keep it coming.

What do you guys think?

@Counselor

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

59 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You got a link to this so I can check it out?

Not sure if you caught it but I had mentioned doing a fa system using chips.  Personally, I like the idea.  We'd be signing more players faster than any draft could do.  When I suggested this I was thinking about closed bidding but I wouldn't be opposed to an auction style system for this section of the keeper.  I don't like the idea of limiting it to a certain amount of players though.  Always like the idea of being able to bid on who you want when you want.

I don't think this would be too difficult to set up so that we could all get a better idea of how it would work.  Actually, I've got something that I could convert to work here.  I built it for BDL for their auction style free agency, and with a little help was able to set it up so that the 24 clock changes each time an owner ups the bid, allowing for the countdown to restart if another team makes an offer before the deadline.

With this keeper it's important that we get the start of this right, so I'd like to test every option.

Appreciate the input....keep it coming.

What do you guys think?

@Counselor

@bcb1213

@EaglesPeteC

@DTMW78

I like the real life contract idea much better 

Here is a link to a sample MFL league that could be used to host the auction

https://www76.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/43162#0

If you cannot access, I might need to switch something, but could enter email address to get you access to test things out.  Just did a real quick set up, so a bunch of things are probably off.

I am not sure if MFL has a setting to automatically use the players NFL salary for the default salary.  The 2000 amount that each team would have to bid would not be reflective of what the players salary would be after the auction.  It would just be "chips" as @ny92mike noted that teams would have to use for bidding.