TCMD - Keeper League Discussion

ny92mike

So I've been working on the simulator side of this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oKehEH7ytfINayReIqDb6HfeIbcSUD3dvvCXhe9A0jw/edit?usp=sharing

I've still got a lot to do to get this where I want but it's a start.

I set this sample workbook up to kinda give an example of how this would work.  The workbook is showing all the teams but the actual real version of this would be private workbooks that you can privately set up the % number of attempts pass vs rush (which I'm calling sliders) for how many passing attempts vs rushing attempts.  I plan to include more of these sliders for defense and perhaps some other stuff if it goes well.

Note that the teams don't have the latest transactions, any of them in fact, from this off season.  So for example, the giants still have Odell.

I've set all the sliders for this at 50% which means 400 passing attempts and 205 rushing attempts for every team and have given everyone that clicks on the link above access to edit the percentage.  To see how it would affect the results of the full season standings.

If I can get all of the elements for this to work, we should be able to make adjustments to our game plan for either each week, or quarterly depending on how we set that up, so if you want to pass more or less for a certain game you can.  For example, if I decrease the passing attempts for the New York MadHatters I go from winning 4-11-1 games to 8-8-0, but that could all change based on what another team does.  So it should make for an entertaining addition to just having the system spit out the results with no change being allowed to how you wanna run the game plan.

All the "Passing Attempt Slider %" in each team sheet is located in cell E2 which is the only cells you have access to edit.  Give a work over and let me know what you guys think about this.

Note: The calculations are being done on a different sheet, so be patient when waiting to view the change to the standings.  

Edited by ny92mike

• 2 weeks later...