Joe Haden?

615finest

If it's a team-friendly deal, I don't see why not

CB might be the most fickle position on the field. Many guys' level of play fluctuates so much. A change of scenery may be the trick -- we aren't in a position in our DB group (imo) to not entertain a pro bowl corner

16 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

What off field issues does he have? I don't remember ever hearin anything about him.

Not sure what he's talking about.... Maybe the 4 game suspension for adderall? Not really that serious but his injury issues are a concern. Hasn't played a full-season since his rookie year in 2010. McCourty was cut for declining play and never staying healthy. Why would they sign someone else just like that?

Absolutely. This time of year is 1 year deal territory and that sounds perfect to me. So close to the start of the season I'm not sure if anyone can guarantee him a starting position, which works in our favor. Injury issues are not much of a concern on a 1 year deal right before the season starts. We're not relying on him, so if he gets hurt, big deal and we don't resign him. If he doesn't, we might end up with a good CB by mid-season.

Add him, see what he has and hope he can contribute by week 5 or so. Our boundary CB play has still looked bad. 

Yeah. I'd do it.

But I don't think Haden would do it.  He doesn't come in as a clear cut starter. He likely gets an 1 year deal from us. When he could probably get a multi-year deal elsewhere.  I'd sign him to stop the Colts from signing him.

Yeah I said this in the everything else thread but I know Joe is better than Brice even at this point.  Also  not starting would do Joe some good imo. Keep him fresh throughout the game and the season.

I'd rather Reed take Brices spot and keep the youth movement going at CB and  Reed is on the come up. All that being said doubt he's going to be ready this year and I can't stand watching Brice out there again. He gets beat every time I look his way. 

Im down to switch 23s and sign Joe. Really doubt he wants to come here tbh so this is all for not

Looking like Haden is going to be signing with the Steelers.

I'm fine with us not adding or attempting (as far as we know) Haden. His play declined the last 2 years, and even if it was because of injuries, the cost of finding out what he has left in the tank was likely going to be too high for us.

Not really that interested. He's been bad the last two years, even when healthy. If we wanted a veteran corner that doesn't have the athleticism to play man coverage with an injury history, we already had Jason McCourty on the roster. And he's closer to playing well than Haden is.

He's not better than Ryan or Sims. I doubt that he'd be ahead of Adoree on the depth chart (even if he may be better than Adoree), and once you get to the fourth corner spot, I'd rather see Reed.

It's not a signing I'd be against, just not one that I'm all that concerned about.

Archived