Twitch: 83rd

Datone
Mass: 93rd
Power: 72nd
Speed 40: 76th
Speed 10: 77th
Agility: 64th
Twitch: 65th

These are not athletes that are in the same class. To insinuate otherwise makes no sense. Oliver is an all-time great athlete, Datone was an above average one.

Length needs to be considered when evaluating athleticism.

Julio Jones' 4.3 is a lot more impressive than Mecole Hardman's.

Oliver is a really good athlete, but he's also short. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Length needs to be considered when evaluating athleticism.

Julio Jones' 4.3 is a lot more impressive than Mecole Hardman's.

The scores factor in size, including length. Perhaps not perfectly, but not anywhere near enough to make up the difference between the two.

Just now, rcon14 said:

The scores factor in size, including length. Perhaps not perfectly, but not anywhere near enough to make up the difference between the two.

Other than the jumps, are we really even sure that he performed noticeably better than Jones when you take into account the difference in the hand times and the like? Is it a noticeable improvement when we take into account that Jones has like a 4+ inch advantage in standing reach?

Oliver vs. Jones

40 Time:

4.75 vs 4.80

SS

4.13 vs 4.32

3-Cone

7.15 vs 7.32

Vert

36 vs 31.5

Broad

112 vs 120

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Other than the jumps, are we really even sure that he performed noticeably better than Jones when you take into account the difference in the hand times and the like? Is it a noticeable improvement when we take into account that Jones has like a 4+ inch advantage in standing reach?

Oliver vs. Jones

40 Time:

4.75 vs 4.80

SS

4.13 vs 4.32

3-Cone

7.15 vs 7.32

Vert

36 vs 31.5

Broad

112 vs 120

If we're gonna get into the timing of the runs, I'm just gonna end this conversation cuz it's pointless.

9 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

If we're gonna get into the timing of the runs, I'm just gonna end this conversation cuz it's pointless.

Are you rejecting the premise that hand times record faster than laser times? Because that's objectively a thing.

IDK what the conversation all is here but as someone with a track background and the son of a college track coach, hand times are a joke. Should only be a last resort. They had the pro day around here a couple years back for a school and it was hilarious how many different times were reported, for example. Damn things were varying .2 a second lol

I'll keep it short... I would trade up for Oliver. @AlexGreen#20 I am comfortable cycling Oliver through taking up both Zadarius and Daniels snaps, and they would be our primary 3Ts. Keep the rotation fresher, when Daniels leaves next off-season, Oliver and ZD are the primary options. I hardly think that 1 year playing 50% of snaps is an issue for Oliver. You have Clark, Daniels, Oliver, ZD, Preston with plenty of playing time and sprinkling in Lancaster and hopefully Montravius Adams. 

I really don't like Hakeem Butler, and I really don't like him with our current set of WRs. We have height, we have shifty, we have one player who is even considered a deep threat. Signing Hakeem Butler to be another possession and red zone receiver would be kinda lame, but I get the value. 

I like Knox a lot, and would like that value. I like Wren too, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that someone is gonna take a risk on that guy late 2nd. 

Archived