Driving up to Minny tomorrow

DalCowboyzRule

My biggest issue with breweries is I have celiac :(

But I did find Sociable Cider Werks which is a cidery and Burning Brothers Brewing which supposedly has like 8-9 gluten free beers?

Gonna definitely have to go to one of those. 

I’ll definitely check back in this weekend with all of your suggestions, thank you so much!

17 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

I read where the best way to get to U.S. Bank stadium would be to park at the Mall of America and take the light rail into downtown, accurate? My hotel room is actually in Lakeville so that kind of works as I'll be driving in that direction anyways.

Yes

17 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

What are some good late night spots to grab dinner?

Matt's Bar for the Minnesota delicacy of the Jucy Lucy, prepare to stand in an extremely long line though, it's a very small dive. Also, that will be about 3 blocks from where I live, I need to go back there again. Another spot, if you're wanting even more burgers stuffed with cheese would be to checkout one of the Blue Door locations, the Longfellow one would probably be your best bet. More variety of Jucy Lucy's there.

If you like beer, check out some of the breweries. Surly will be insane, but some of the breweries like East Lake, Lakeville Brewing (good food there too), Wild Mind Ales, Venn Brewing (which is on the light rail). Or if you are a more of a cocktail guy, Norseman is good, but a little bit further away from where you'll be staying as is Tattersall.

How long are you staying up here? Any hobbies that you might want to see what MN has to offer for them?

10 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

But I did find Sociable Cider Werks which is a cidery and Burning Brothers Brewing which supposedly has like 8-9 gluten free beers?

I’ll definitely check back in this weekend with all of your suggestions, thank you so much!

Sociable would definitely be a great spot. You should definitely stop at Tattersall too. It is right next door to Sociable, and is the top distillery in town. 

Burning Brothers is right next door to the new soccer stadium (just opened about a week ago), so if you are in that area it would be worth driving by.

11 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Ah, should have read further, Burning Bros is gluten free and actually good gluten free beer. Sociable is good, there is and I think there is Urban Forage that is a cidery as well. Celiac will make burgers harder to eat as well... though my suggestion of Blue Door, they might have gluten free buns you can get. Town Hall Tap/Brewery/Lanes does have some gluten free options as well and tasty food.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I think what this thread has highlighted is that we need to start a brewery bracket.

100% agree, knock Surly out in the 1st round, probably even Surly should be a #1 seed, but definitely deserves to lose fast, same with Dangerous Man, such garbage beer.

11 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Not a fan of Burning Brothers but I love Sociable, definitely recommended. 

Woke up at 5 am this morning to start my drive from Dallas. Currently at a gas station outside of Des Moines, Iowa. About 4 hours to go :D

My plan right now is if we lose tomorrow drive back on Sunday, but if we win I’m staying until Tuesday. Wouldn’t mind catching a Wolves game either but not sure I have the time...

7 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Woke up at 5 am this morning to start my drive from Dallas. Currently at a gas station outside of Des Moines, Iowa. About 4 hours to go

Sounds like my annual pilgrimage down to Frisco, TX for the FCS championship game. Leaving at 5 a.m. when you head south works perfect for a stop in KC at lunchtime for some outstanding BBQ. Each year I have been trying a different BBQ joint in KC, but my favorite is Oklahoma Joe's KC BBQ. Don't waste your time getting brisket there though. I make it a point to stop at Hutchin's BBQ in Frisco every year after the game now. That is the best brisket I have ever had. If you know of a better place to get brisket in your part of the country I would greatly appreciate being pointed in that direction.

For your trip back, here is how I rank the KC BBQ places I have visited as I drive through since I started driving to Frisco six years ago:

1. Joe's
  2. Woodyard and Arthur Bryant (tied)
  3. Jack Stack

I have also been to Gates but couldn't remember enough to rank it. It was my first and I had no comparable. I'll have to go back. Pretty sure it was good.  Others on my list that I will try as I drive through in the coming years that may or may not be better than Joe's are:

• Slaps (for the burnt ends)
  • LC's
  • B.B.'s Lawnside Blues & BBQ
  • Danny Edward's
  • Q39

As far as the Twin Cities, I haven't tried so many places but one that I go back to is Fogo De Chao. I have tried some other places but none of them were interesting enough to me to be worth noting. I want to try Manny's some day but haven't been able to bother myself to do it yet.

Enjoy your time up north. And go Texas Tech!

On 4/6/2019 at 12:38 AM, Cearbhall said:

Sounds like my annual pilgrimage down to Frisco, TX for the FCS championship game. Leaving at 5 a.m. when you head south works perfect for a stop in KC at lunchtime for some outstanding BBQ. Each year I have been trying a different BBQ joint in KC, but my favorite is Oklahoma Joe's KC BBQ. Don't waste your time getting brisket there though. I make it a point to stop at Hutchin's BBQ in Frisco every year after the game now. That is the best brisket I have ever had. If you know of a better place to get brisket in your part of the country I would greatly appreciate being pointed in that direction.

For your trip back, here is how I rank the KC BBQ places I have visited as I drive through since I started driving to Frisco six years ago:

1. Joe's
  2. Woodyard and Arthur Bryant (tied)
  3. Jack Stack

I have also been to Gates but couldn't remember enough to rank it. It was my first and I had no comparable. I'll have to go back. Pretty sure it was good.  Others on my list that I will try as I drive through in the coming years that may or may not be better than Joe's are:

• Slaps (for the burnt ends)
  • LC's
  • B.B.'s Lawnside Blues & BBQ
  • Danny Edward's
  • Q39

As far as the Twin Cities, I haven't tried so many places but one that I go back to is Fogo De Chao. I have tried some other places but none of them were interesting enough to me to be worth noting. I want to try Manny's some day but haven't been able to bother myself to do it yet.

Enjoy your time up north. And go Texas Tech!

So definitely staying until Tuesday now that we’re in the natty! Feels unreal to type that out but we straight took it to MSU last night which was surprising. My seats weren’t too shabby either...

VGhwx1B.jpg

As far as BBQ in DFW, you went to the right place. Hutchin’s is the goat, I’ve only been to the McKinney location but you did good.

We had Q39 driving up which was amazing. Will have to try out one of your suggestions going back.

kMpywWf.jpg

Archived