A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

9 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

While possible, I don’t put a lot of stock in a statement like that, as it seems something that could easily be from conjecture even if stated otherwise. I’ve seen fans arrive at similar speculation independent of Nagler. It usually seems to be some sort of hindsight bias in an effort to use as a club against TT or some other scapegoat.

None of those 3 guys were shoe-ins to return. The only slightly surprising one was Hayward, but even with that, there were some times he struggled at boundary CB in his final year in GB. With Randall/Rollins showing decent rookie campaigns, not to mention Hyde still on the roster, there was no apparent need to spend that money on him if they felt he couldn’t play outside. The organization has let other guys walk that they usually wouldn’t (Tretter), if there happened to be other Packers still under contract that could fill the role.

Nagler has not really impressed me with his previous work either.

I very much agree with this post.  There was a lot of debate back and forth about Hayward.  Literally nobody was upset about Hyde leaving.  And Peppers is one of the 4 NFL players older than me.  

I have softened my stance on Nagler, recently.  I see a guy that enjoys what he does, and has a few similar interests with me.  I'd probably enjoy watching a Packers game at a bar with him.  I still think he comes off kind of smug, but I don't think he is a hot take guy or has any ill-intent with how he reports.