A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

Just now, Outpost31 said:

It's not a perfect stat for sure, but there's no percentage where Aaron Rodgers in 11 years as a starter should have less fourth quarter comebacks than Ryan Tannehill in 6 years as a starter. 

It's Aaron Rodgers in 11 years

--VS--

Ryan Tannehill in 6 years. 

I'd be willing to bet they might be pretty close in opportunities, probably +/- 33%

It will be interesting to see how LaFleur handles Rodgers.  He watched all of this starts and surely will be able to find the flaws in ARod's game.  Arod says he wants to be coached, so hopefully LaFleur will do just that.  We can bag on Rodgers all day, but the Packers best chance to win is for him to just get on board and tighten his game up a bit.  If he does that we're back in the playoffs and once again a super bowl contender.  If he is unwilling to work with LaFleur to improve his game and get back to winning then the Packers need to get things in order to move on from Aaron.  I think with Murphy and Gute kind of handpicking their own coach without the assistance of Rodgers might hint that they will stick it out longer with the coach than the player if things go south.  We'll shall see.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you're failing to appreciate the nuance that goes into route running at the NFL level.

An in route with a break specified at 4 yards that's broken at 5 yards is considered a wrong route by some. An in-route that's rounded rather than cut sharply is the wrong route. 

Even beyond that it's difficult, if you're supposed to take it vertical if you're on top of the CB and bring it back if you're even with him, who is the ultimate authority on that? A lot of times the receiver might think he's on top where the QB might think he's even.

He's not gonna believe you. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd be willing to bet they might be pretty close in opportunities, probably +/- 33%

If you think they're close in opportunities, how do you account for Ryan Tannehill having more actual wins than Rodgers?  That's not acceptable. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not a perfect stat for sure, but there's no percentage where Aaron Rodgers in 11 years as a starter should have less fourth quarter comebacks than Ryan Tannehill in 6 years as a starter. 

It's Aaron Rodgers in 11 years

--VS--

Ryan Tannehill in 6 years. 

I think that might be more circumstance.  Quite a few of Aaron's comebacks were immediately negated by our defense surrendering another score.  Plus, Tannehill was probably behind in the fourth quarter more than Aaron was. 

I find all this back and forth bantering on Rodgers entertaining if nothing else.  We can all agree how talented he is … hall of fame QB.  He is what he is; what we think doesn't mean squat and whether you love him or think he's a **** … each to your own.  We'll see soon enough if this new head coach can relate and helps cure all the Packer offensive problems;  without Rodgers buying in … we're screwed.  That being said, the upcoming draft is one of the most important drafts for the Packers in a long, long time.    Put a good one together with Rodgers buying in and everybody on this great Packer forum site will be happy again.    

I'm gonna have to edit my own quote.  This is not about 4th quarter comebacks, and I swear if it turns into that I am going to lose my damn mind.  You're all picking on one stray eyebrow of a supermodel here.  I hate how none of you can get through that and look at the heart of what I posted.  Aaron Rodgers and his faults keep him from winning, and it especially hurts in scenarios where a score is imperative compared to other quarterbacks who, when in dire straits, go to the gimme offense to move the ball. 

39 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It will be interesting to see how LaFleur handles Rodgers.  He watched all of this starts and surely will be able to find the flaws in ARod's game.  Arod says he wants to be coached, so hopefully LaFleur will do just that.  We can bag on Rodgers all day, but the Packers best chance to win is for him to just get on board and tighten his game up a bit.  If he does that we're back in the playoffs and once again a super bowl contender.  If he is unwilling to work with LaFleur to improve his game and get back to winning then the Packers need to get things in order to move on from Aaron.  I think with Murphy and Gute kind of handpicking their own coach without the assistance of Rodgers might hint that they will stick it out longer with the coach than the player if things go south.  We'll shall see.

As much as I have bagged on Rodger's recently I think he'll work with MLF and try to improve his game.  I like seeing all the Rodger's bashing.  It's what he needs.

44 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I think that might be more circumstance.  Quite a few of Aaron's comebacks were immediately negated by our defense surrendering another score.  Plus, Tannehill was probably behind in the fourth quarter more than Aaron was. 

Right, and who gives a crap anyway .. down 6 with a couple minutes to go do you want Rodgers or Tanneyhill with the ball in their hand?

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

As much as I have bagged on Rodger's recently I think he'll work with MLF and try to improve his game.  I like seeing all the Rodger's bashing.  It's what he needs.

Yep .. he'll get on board.  That chip on his shoulder will be large .. the Packers in general could take on an us against the world mentality after all the bashing they've received.