A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Goddamn Rodgers didn't hold back. I don't think Finley and Jennings will be invited to any SB reunions with the 2010 team in the future LOL

Finley was on IR so he probably doesn't get the invite. Jennings might want to think about trying to walk into Lambeau without security. He's been a complete anti-Packer tool since he left. He's not Brett Favre so he doesn't get a pass on that crap. 

• Like 1

AR speaks his mind..............

Tom Pelissero‏:

On WildeAndTausch, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he has heard from over 100 current and former players and coaches since Bleacher Report’s story last week. Calls it a “smear attack” featuring “mostly irrelevant, bitter players” with agendas. "Outright lies" stated as facts. Wow.

On Mark Murphy telling Rodgers "don't be a problem" while informing him the Packers were hiring Matt LaFleur, Rodgers says: "It’s ridiculous. It’s 100 percent patently false." Says it's the same two unnamed teammates always saying things in these stories.

Rodgers now talking about his former coach: "I love Mike McCarthy. Mike has been a huge part of my success in my career." Acknowledges they have had issues, as any long issue does, but always dealt face to face.

Rodgers: "We as Packer fans and Packer people, I think we need to honor Mike and respect him the right way. We had a hell of a run." Notes that McCarthy still lives in Green Bay, encourages fans if they see McCarthy, shake his hand and tell him thanks for the memories.

(Classy move.....)

Asked if he has any regrets about his relationship with McCarthy, Rodgers says: "I wish I hadn’t said anything after the Bills game last year." Said he wasn't trying to be disrespectful, but knows how it came across. "The beauty in our relationship is it grew year after year."

More Rodgers on friction with McCarthy as coach: "It’s just two alpha males who are hyper competitive and love winning and are both a little stubborn. But again, we talked through so many issues over the years, and that made us a lot stronger." Compares to relationship with Favre.

Rodgers after jasonjwilde specifically mentions Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley: "If it’s not an article about me, do you ever hear their names anywhere else? … You talk about me being sensitive and petty, at what point do you move on or stop telling the same stories?"

(Thats called slice and dice......)

////////////////////////////////

I suspect Jennings will be making the rounds tomorrow.......but AR just laid it down to him and Finley.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 2

Just so we're clear on Greg Jennings, he's pissed at Rodgers for not getting another contract with the Packers. Let's review history here. Jennings turned down the last Packers offer and went free agency. NOBODY would offer him what the Packers did and he signed with Minnesota for LESS MONEY. 

The guy he should be pissed at is himself and his agent. Him for overestimating his value. His agent for feeding his ego. Of course, there will be no introspection, just blame someone else. 

Jennings is a tool. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm gonna have to edit my own quote.  This is not about 4th quarter comebacks, and I swear if it turns into that I am going to lose my damn mind.  You're all picking on one stray eyebrow of a supermodel here.  I hate how none of you can get through that and look at the heart of what I posted.  Aaron Rodgers and his faults keep him from winning, and it especially hurts in scenarios where a score is imperative compared to other quarterbacks who, when in dire straits, go to the gimme offense to move the ball. 

we get it, man. you want Rodgers to take what the defense gives him more often. I am 100% in agreement. He doesn't check the ball down. He holds and holds and holds the ball wanting a giant hero play, and then gets sacked. I get it. I've been saying this stuff about him as well, for YEARS, but I don't expect you to actually read my comments. 

I scream at my TV all the time at Rodgers to throw the easy checkdown because I KNOW someone like Aaron Jones will eat up 5-10 yards every time with space in front of him, and yet he doesn't do it. It's incredibly frustrating. The guy has a massive ego and it's hurt us. 

Matt LaFleur, good luck 

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

On Mark Murphy telling Rodgers "don't be a problem" while informing him the Packers were hiring Matt LaFleur, Rodgers says: "It’s ridiculous. It’s 100 percent patently false."

Yeah, this was pretty obvious I felt. How would frickin Tyler Dunne know what was said in that conversation lol

What a hack

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like the 4th quarter comebacks thing is 100% tied to "Rodgers does not take risks with the football" a trait which reduces the chances of trailing late in the game.

Like Rogers is the all-time leader in touchdown: interception ratio, with 4.22 a whole touchdown per interception more than the guy in 2nd place- this is a good thing, but "willing to force a ball" is useful in certain "one drive to win" situations.

it also has a lot to do with the fact that, in the 10+ years of him playing at the position, he usually gets the job done in the first 3 quarters of the game. Can we say that about Dalton or Tannehill? 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the thing with Jennings and Finley is almost certainly "those two guys think Rodgers is getting credit that they deserve", right?

Who knows.....but AR nails it with this:

It's a “smear attack” featuring “mostly irrelevant, bitter players” with agendas. "Outright lies" stated as facts.

"If it’s not an article about me, do you ever hear their names anywhere else? … You talk about me being sensitive and petty, at what point do you move on or stop telling the same stories?"

///////////////////////////

I'm glad AR stepped out and stepped it up. Issues with MM are one thing, these players tales are entirely different and I'm glad he laid it down to them.

Last week, McCarthy told ESPN that one of the allegations in the story -- that he skipped meetings to get massages in his office -- was "absurd."

Rodgers said in the radio interview that "I think we need to honor Mike and respect him the right way."

I mean, Rodgers didn't exactly debunk it. McCarthy got massages confirmed

I've said this before, but it would super not surprise me if Finley was ADHD. He seems to really struggle with impulse control, and from hearing his accounts of things over the years and AR's account today, my guess is that it went something like: Finley and Rodgers were fine while he was in GB. Finley left and made various comments, not because he was trying to indict Rodgers' character or anything, but because Finley has no filter and little self-awareness. Rodgers sees this as Finley siding with Jennings against him and gets butthurt. Finley (lacking self-awareness) doesn't really know why Rodgers is now hostile toward him and starts getting defensive, and now here we are.

• Like 2