A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I mean, Rodgers didn't exactly debunk it. McCarthy got massages confirmed

Who cares?
Plenty of players and coaches get massages.
The players get the ^^^^ kicked out of them regularly and the coaches work long, pressured hours.
There nothing wrong with anybody getting a massage. It was the "blew off a meeting in order to get a massage" that was BS.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Finley is speaking gibberish as he is wont to do

we are in agreement then haha (I think?)

the thing is, I really do believe he means it when he says "the QB wants me to run the right routes. it's crazy!" 

i think he feels he should OBVIOUSLY be one of the top targets in the offense because of his size and talent, that he should be fed regardless of not running routes the right way or the drops or any of the mental lapses that were prone to occur when he played. he seemed arrogant to me. idk if you guys feel the same way, but his comments to me are like "i got the ball in high school, i got the ball in college, and now you want me to work hard in the pros? just shut up and give me the ball" 

4 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I've said this before, but it would super not surprise me if Finley was ADHD. He seems to really struggle with impulse control, and from hearing his accounts of things over the years and AR's account today, my guess is that it went something like: Finley and Rodgers were fine while he was in GB. Finley left and made various comments, not because he was trying to indict Rodgers' character or anything, but because Finley has no filter and little self-awareness. Rodgers sees this as Finley siding with Jennings against him and gets butthurt. Finley (lacking self-awareness) doesn't really know why Rodgers is now hostile toward him and starts getting defensive, and now here we are.

yea, i could totally see this being the case 

IMO the "missed a meeting for massages" thing is probably a "meeting got moved/cancelled" and some people didn't get the proverbial/literal memo and were mad about it, to the point where they saw what McCarthy was doing during the earlier scheduled meeting time as the reason the meeting wasn't happening.  Or like, the meeting got moved/cancelled and enough people didn't get the memo that they just met anyway, without the people who were aware of the rescheduling.

It's a completely uninteresting scheduling SNAFU, I bet.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

IMO the "missed a meeting for massages" thing is probably a "meeting got moved/cancelled" and some people didn't get the proverbial/literal memo and were mad about it, to the point where they saw what McCarthy was doing during the earlier scheduled meeting time as the reason the meeting wasn't happening.  Or like, the meeting got moved/cancelled and enough people didn't get the memo that they just met anyway, without the people who were aware of the rescheduling. It's a completely uninteresting scheduling SNAFU, I bet.

IMO its a complete waste of brain power to try to figure out "what it was."

If it even happened, it could be any number of things - but - what I'll put a large amount of cash down on is it WASNT MM blowing off a meeting cause he just couldnt drag himself away from some massage. Thats BS IMO. Especially - since the therapist was also doing work on the players - and the likelihood this girl/woman would keep quiet about it....less than zero.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Who cares?
Plenty of players and coaches get massages.
The players get the ^^^^ kicked out of them regularly and the coaches work long, pressured hours.
There nothing wrong with anybody getting a massage. It was the "blew off a meeting in order to get a massage" that was BS.

I'm effing around. I just find the whole thing hilarious

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I've said this before, but it would super not surprise me if Finley was ADHD. He seems to really struggle with impulse control, and from hearing his accounts of things over the years and AR's account today, my guess is that it went something like: Finley and Rodgers were fine while he was in GB. Finley left and made various comments, not because he was trying to indict Rodgers' character or anything, but because Finley has no filter and little self-awareness. Rodgers sees this as Finley siding with Jennings against him and gets butthurt. Finley (lacking self-awareness) doesn't really know why Rodgers is now hostile toward him and starts getting defensive, and now here we are.

What? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Full quote from Rodgers regarding Finley/Gerg Jennings

D3q7GfeUwAAqk4i.png

Lashing out at provocateurs can be perceived by some as stooping to their level.  In this case, I’m almost glad he did.  Those two puds had it coming, IMO.  Still, expect some to cry “See, this is exactly why Finley and Jennings are bitter!”  I really hope this doesn’t become a back-and-forth bitchfest.

• Like 1

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Lashing out at provocateurs can be perceived by some as stooping to their level.  In this case, I’m almost glad he did.  Those two puds had it coming, IMO.  Still, expect some to cry “See, this is exactly why Finley and Jennings are bitter!”  I really hope this doesn’t become a back-and-forth bitchfest.

I suspect this interview is the last we'll hear from Rodgers on it. He probably wanted to address it once and then move on. People will keep asking him, but I believe he will deflect going forward.

The other two will probably not shut up about it, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It'll just re-affirm their position on Rodgers being really sensitive but whatever. Those 2 guys have been dragging Rodgers for years and until this interview, I don't recall Rodgers ever acknowledging their comments or snapping back at them until today. Likely had enough after biting his tongue for years

• Like 2