A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It'll just re-affirm their position on Rodgers being really sensitive but whatever. Those 2 guys have been dragging Rodgers for years and until this interview, I don't recall Rodgers ever acknowledging their comments or snapping back at them until today. Likely had enough after biting his tongue for years

Jennings will for sure but dang he ethered Finley with intimate details.  That dude really needs to shut up.  

No doubt Rodgers had to address the allegations in the Dunne story - silence would/could be interpreted wrongly.  Others - not me - will debate his response (content, tone, etc), but I applaud Rodgers for his authentic and emotional response, and hope that he doesn’t feel the need to re-engage the booger-eaters any further (as Incognito mentioned).

• Like 2

Jennings I genuinely feel is bitter. Finley I get more of a Cousin Eddie vibe from. I genuinely think he likes Rodgers still, he just loves to talk in general and any journalist knows they can lead him into answering questions in a way that makes him come off as hostile towards him.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Jennings I genuinely feel is bitter. Finley I get more of a Cousin Eddie vibe from. I genuinely think he likes Rodgers still, he just loves to talk in general and any journalist knows they can lead him into answering questions in a way that makes him come off as hostile towards him.

Agreed. Finley speaks and types in all caps, meaning there is absolutely no way to truly tell his tone or how harsh he really means to be. 

Jennings is just a huge d!ckhead. Always felt he was a yuuuuge phony in interviews. Loved him on the field, but he always felt fake to me 

I'm just curious what Dunne was thinking when he wrote it. Like, OK it's going to stir up Packers Twitter and Online and generate clicks, but did he think Aaron was just gonna let it slide by? Kinda seems like hustling backwards if he's "breaking" a mostly false story.

9 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm just curious what Dunne was thinking when he wrote it. Like, OK it's going to stir up Packers Twitter and Online and generate clicks, but did he think Aaron was just gonna let it slide by? Kinda seems like hustling backwards if he's "breaking" a mostly false story.

He’s a gossip hack.  He made his bones on the Rodgers family drama.  His ceiling is US Weekly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I suspect this interview is the last we'll hear from Rodgers on it. He probably wanted to address it once and then move on. People will keep asking him, but I believe he will deflect going forward.

The other two will probably not shut up about it, though.

Jennings in a semi-regular on the FOX Sports programs: Undisputed (with the infamous Skip Bayless who likes nothing better than digging through ARs trash) ; Cowherd and Speak For Yourself with Whitlock and Wiley.

Since AR's basically called them all out on the facts themselves - and/or - their motives for chatting up this ^^^^ - he'll be making the rounds in some fashion to answer about his side of things.

I told you this is nothing but drama - and now we've got the best of all worlds for drama - he said / he said and these shows eat that up with a spoon.

I agree this SHOULD be AR's last interview / comment on this trash. He spoke his mind. Cleared the air. The other side doesnt drop it - AR should just kill it dead with: "Listen, I've got a career to take care of, workouts and a new season to get ready for"

Book closed.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jennings in a semi-regular on the FOX Sports programs: Undisputed (with the infamous Skip Bayless who likes nothing better than digging through ARs trash) ; Cowherd and Speak For Yourself with Whitlock and Wiley.

Since AR's basically called them all out on the facts themselves - and/or - their motives for chatting up this ^^^^ - he'll be making the rounds in some fashion to answer about his side of things.

I told you this nothing but drama - and now we've got the best of all worlds for drama - he said / he said and these shows eat that up with a spoon.

What would be sad is that both shows are just using him bcuz of this animosity he has and he prolly doesn’t even realize it. But it’s not sad bcuz he can kick rocks.  #85 will always be Phillip Epps to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I've said this before, but it would super not surprise me if Finley was ADHD. He seems to really struggle with impulse control, and from hearing his accounts of things over the years and AR's account today, my guess is that it went something like: Finley and Rodgers were fine while he was in GB. Finley left and made various comments, not because he was trying to indict Rodgers' character or anything, but because Finley has no filter and little self-awareness. Rodgers sees this as Finley siding with Jennings against him and gets butthurt. Finley (lacking self-awareness) doesn't really know why Rodgers is now hostile toward him and starts getting defensive, and now here we are.

Another probably accurate take.

I do though think Finley still carries some resentment about the super bowl team picture incident. Not sure why it would be towards Rodgers, but who knows.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

My favorite quote:

"We had a hell of a run," Rodgers said. "We had 13 years, four NFC championships, one Super Bowl, eight straight playoffs, 19 straight wins. So, instead of trashing this guy on the way out, let's remember the amazing times that we had together. Packer fans, remember this, especially those of you who live in Green Bay: Mike lives here. Mike has young kids here. So Mike has to be here. Think about how difficult it is for him. My favor that I would ask of you, strongly, is if you see Mike, shake his hand. Tell him thanks for the memories. Tell him thanks for the coaching job that he did. Tell him how much you appreciate him being a part of what we built here"

AR didnt need to say anything like this - no less with as much understanding, depth and recognition towards MM and his family. IMO, this speaks well of AR.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

My favorite quote:

"We had a hell of a run," Rodgers said. "We had 13 years, four NFC championships, one Super Bowl, eight straight playoffs, 19 straight wins. So, instead of trashing this guy on the way out, let's remember the amazing times that we had together. Packer fans, remember this, especially those of you who live in Green Bay: Mike lives here. Mike has young kids here. So Mike has to be here. Think about how difficult it is for him. My favor that I would ask of you, strongly, is if you see Mike, shake his hand. Tell him thanks for the memories. Tell him thanks for the coaching job that he did. Tell him how much you appreciate him being a part of what we built here"

AR didnt need to say anything like this - no less with as much understanding, depth and recognition towards MM and his family. IMO, this speaks well of AR.

Agreed! Classy move by Rodgers and I truly believe both of their takes on their relationship more than I do the two bitter ex-Packers. Finley is just dumb as a box of rocks and I apologize to the box of rocks but couldn't come up with a better analogy. Jennings is just a whiny-assed little *****. 

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

My favorite quote:

Agreed completely. This jumped out to me as well. Very genuine.

Jennings was something of a Favre guy. I wonder how that affected their relationship. Probably not positively.

That said, Jennings knows what he's getting those checks for. 

That said again, little bit hypocritical of Rodgers telling anybody to get over anything.