Moretti's 2019 Final Mock

moretti19

This has been a fun off-season and looks to be a fun draft!

RD 1

Michigan_logo.gif Rashan Gary*, 3-4DE, Michigan 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 277. Arm: 34.13. Hand: 9.63.
40 Time: 4.58. 10-Yd: 1.63. Three Cone: 7.26.
Bench: 26. Vertical: 38. Broad: 10-0.
Projected Round (2019): Top-16.

3/23/19: Gary had a fabulous combine workout, showing off his freakish combination of size and speed. While some in the media have Gary sliding in the 2019 NFL Draft, team sources expect Gary to go in the top 16 and think he could easily go as a top-10 choice. 

In 2018, Gary totaled 43 tackles with 7.5 for a loss and 3.5 sacks. He missed three games with an AC shoulder joint sprain and sat out Michigan's bowl game. Gary played well when on the field, showing a serious skill set of speed, athleticism, and natural size. He has a ton of upside for the NFL. With his size, strength, and speed, Gary is a great fit as a base end in a 4-3 defense. He also could be a five-technique in a 3-4 defense. 

usatsi_11228662.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

RD1 #30

Iowa_logo.gif Noah Fant*, TE, Iowa 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 249. Arm: 33.50. Hand: 9.75.
40 Time: 4.50. Three Cone: 6.81.
Bench: 20. Vertical: 39.5. Broad: 10-7.
Projected Round (2019): 1-3.

3/7/19: In 2018, Fant totaled 39 receptions for 519 yards and seven touchdowns. He is an athletic mismatch weapon as a receiver who could develop into a three-down starter in the NFL if he can improve his blocking

ff22a9aa-0e1d-4275-90bb-2797cba32f75-Noa

RD 2

Delaware_logo.gif Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 206. Arm: 30.75. Hand: 8.88.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.

3/16/19: Adderley has impressed evaluators, and some teams have him graded higher over more high-profile safeties. Adderley racked up nine interceptions over the past two seasons, and he improved his tackle production every year over the past three seasons. Scouts say that Adderley is a true free safety with good range downfield and makes plays on the ball. They say that Adderley plays hard, runs around and smacks people, but he has a cornerback build, so he should get stronger to tackle in the NFL. He had a good week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Adderley did not work out at the combine. 

Nasir-Adderley-1024x683.jpg

RD3

OhioState_logo.gif Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 208. Arm: 32.00. Hand: 9.13.
40 Time: 4.35. Three Cone: 7.01.
Bench: 18. Vertical: 37.5. Broad: 10-5.
Projected Round (2019): 3-4.

3/7/19: At the combine, McLaurin continued his strong postseason by running a fast 40 time and looking good in the field drills. He previously had an excellent week of practice at the Senior Bowl. He was quick to get separation while showing excellent hands and good route-running

84673_h.jpg?itok=R8rEADiK

RD4:

Vanderbilt_logo.gif Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 211. Arm: 32.50. Hand: 9.75.
40 Time: 4.64.
Bench: 17.
Projected Round (2019): 3-4.

3/16/19: Team sources are intrigued by Williams. Some said they graded him in the third to fourth round of the 2019 NFL Draft. Williams has excellent size to match up with big receivers and showed some impressive quickness to break on the ball while running with Ole Miss' big receivers, A.J. Brown and DaMarkus Lodge. Williams came through with an interception late in the fourth quarter and a pass breakup on fourth down in overtime to clinch the win over the Rebels for Vanderbilt. In 2018, Williams had 61 tackles, four interceptions and 14 passes broken up. Williams hurt himself with a slow 40 time at the combine.

JoejuanWilliams10.JPG

RD4

PennState_logo.gif Connor McGovern, G/C, Penn State 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 308. Arm: 34.13. Hand: 9.88.
Projected 40 Time: 5.31. Three Cone: 7.66.
Bench: 28. Broad: 9-4.
Projected Round (2019): 3-5.

3/16/19: McGovern played well for Penn State in 2018. He has the flexibility to play guard or center in the NFL. His run blocking is ahead of his pass protection. At the combine, McGovern interviewed well, but did not run the 40

DSC_4623.jpg

RD5

OldDominion_logo.gif Tim Ward, 3-4OLB, Old Dominion 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 257.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.

3/23/19: League sources say that Ward really impressed at the regional combine workout that was held in Kansas City. He is very long, possessing a nearly 7-foot wingspan with a lot of upside. He had 14 sacks over his collegiate career. He's a long, quick, and athletic edge rusher who could end up getting consideration in the early rounds of Day 3 during the 2019 NFL Draft

YRKJCXUUERMABKK.20181031190430.jpg

RD6

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/BoiseState_logo.gif

BoiseState_logo.gif Alexander Mattison*, RB, Boise State 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 221. Arm: 31.00. Hand: 9.13.
40 Time: 4.67. 10-Yd: 1.51. Three Cone: 7.13.
Bench: 22. Vertical: 35. Broad: 10-7.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.

3/7/19: Mattison was a workhorse for Boise State in 2018, toting the ball 302 times for 1,415 yards - 4.7 average - and 17 touchdowns. He also showed some nice receiving ability with 27 receptions for 173 yards. As a sophomore, Mattison averaged 5.1 yards per carry for 1,086 yards with 12 touchdowns. He had 28 catches for 284 yards and a score that season.

Mattison4

RD7

Missouri_logo.gif Damarea Crockett*, RB, Missouri 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2019): 5-7.

3/7/19: Crockett is a thick back who has the size to be a three-down starter. The junior averaged 4.8 yards per carry in 2018 for 709 yards for seven touchdowns. He had 12 receptions for 88 yards in 2018. Crockett's best season came as a freshman in 2016 when he totaled 1,062 yards while averaging 6.9 yards per carry. He ran for 10 touchdowns that season
usa-today-9549077.0.jpg

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php#kRQ80OGjxQ43Ys8l.99

29 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

Like all picks except Gary at 12. There will be better options there. Oliver or Wilkens are better options. Dont test as well, but they are better football players.

I think Oliver will be long gone, the ceiling is much higher on Gary than it is for Wilkens.

13 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

Doesnt matter how high his ceiling is when he is happy just laying on the couch.

Not sure I understand this stance or why you think this? It is pretty obvious he commits a lot of time in the gym and I have not read that he was a poor student either? If you are comparing him with Wilkins, it would appear just on the eye test alone that Gary commits a lot more to his diet and workouts than Wilkins does just based off of body composition.

26 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Not sure I understand this stance or why you think this? It is pretty obvious he commits a lot of time in the gym and I have not read that he was a poor student either? If you are comparing him with Wilkins, it would appear just on the eye test alone that Gary commits a lot more to his diet and workouts than Wilkins does just based off of body composition.

I think you are looking at it from an entirely physical ability perspective. I dont believe Gary is as passionate about football as others. And when he needs to get down and dirty to grind it out he can be neutralized. He seems to enjoy 1 on 1 matchups where he is physically superior, but he doesnt get that opportunity in the NFL. When he gets beaten around in the NFL after a few games and he is not having fun, I think he is going to shut down.  I dont know for sure, but he fits a pattern I have seen before.

To me, Devin White is a top 3 player in this draft, not just for his impressive measurable or stats, it's his passion. He is probably the best field leader in the draft and he plays with a high level of passion. Those around him say he works hard in practice, film study, seeks coaches help, soaks in everything he can. Lives and breathes football. I believe the level of commitment to football by Gary is questionable. Now he loves working out, I will give you that. But is he committed to the game?

IMHO Wilkins has more passion for the game.  Gary will wash out in a few years. It's too much abuse on the body that if you dont love the game, you cant commit 100%. In interviews and body language during games and practice, I just dont think he has the same passion for the game as others.

Is this true? I dont know the guy and am just basing this on the admittedly small sample of video, print, and other glimpses I have taken in. But i have seen enough to raise a few flags.

To add on, I heard an interview with him and he kept talking about some sports agency he was founding. Interviewer wanted to talk about football nuts and bolts and the draft and he directed the conversation to some business venture. Just struck me as bad.

I can understand where you are coming from  it is just a lot of assumptions to make for myself as someone that doesn't know the guy. On film, I see a guy that needs coaching to learn how to win those match ups in the NFL but if he is able to the sky is the limit. I also am low on Wilkins because he seems to be on the ground a lot!  Like you, I am very high on Devin White but he likely will be gone.

Archived