Upcoming Draft: What does your heart say VS What does your brain tell you for WHO in 1st RD?

Heart= Drew Lock

I really like Lock as a prospect & living in Missouri, it would bring extra meaning if he was our new Franchise QB.

However, these rumored speculations that we might be closing in on Josh Rosen seem very real. I'm also totally cool with this move, if we can get him without trading away our 1st rounder.

So I'm expecting this NOT to happen & for my hopes of landing Drew Lock go up in smoke come draft day or when/if we trade for Rosen.

So what does my brain say? 

We'll....it's mixed. It's says we really like some of the WR's in this draft -DK Metcalf who were rumored to not like so much.

Not to mention the obvious need at that position 

So my brain drifts to another position....

And there's 1 name that keeps getting repeated in my brain.

A name that connects itself to the Redskins & them drafting him in the 1st Rd.

I've had discussions about this player over & over with a few of them.

And damn it! I can't get over the name. A name I believe will be attached to the Redskins Draft Board come April 25th.

For some reason, I believe the Redskins will draft CB Greedy Williams.

He's gonna be our new Smoot Smack! Lol

However, I believe we will draft him from a trade down into the 20's.

My brain Says Raiders @27. (Not there 24)

I think we Go WR in Round 2 or 3.

So what does your Heart say vs your Brain?

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fortunately there's a whole draft contest you all can enter to see if it plays out!

If I knew we weren't trading for Rosen, then I would have my mock draft done tonight.

The difference is staggering on what I think we would do.

With Rosen, I think we trade down & recoup some draft picks & take a CB or WR.

Without Rosen, I think we sit @ 15 if not trade up for Haskins or Lock.

I'm so confident in my thinking, I would almost bet somebody 100$ that the Redskins DON'T make a selection @15.

That we'll either trade up or down this draft. Not just the 1st Rd either.

Redskins will be active, I believe.

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I need a bit more time before I get a real read on this first round. 

Me too. I got my initial which generally stays but this  year it all depends on Murray!!!!! If that domino doesn’t drop first this guy could pull a Arron Rogers!!! I’d take him!!! He’s too talented!!! But our FO and staff I don’t believe in enough to put him in a place to grow enough progressively while allowing him to play his game to succeed. But if I was a GM and stuck to my board Murray is there at 15 he’s my pick!!!

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If I knew we weren't trading for Rosen, then I would have my mock draft done tonight.

The difference is staggering on what I think we would do.

With Rosen, I think we trade down & recoup some draft picks & take a CB or WR.

Without Rosen, I think we sit @ 15 if not trade up for Haskins or Lock.

I'm so confident in my thinking, I would almost bet somebody 100$ that the Redskins DON'T make a selection @15.

That we'll either trade up or down this draft. Not just the 1st Rd either.

Redskins will be active, I believe.

The last draft the Redskins moved around they got a solid player in Kerrigan! But they missed almost every other pickand passed on Watt and just really really amazing players!!! Like Ryan he’s a gamer!!! But that being active isn’t my thing!!! I like to dial in and I’m not about getting cute!!! Like before they took Guice last year I was getting mad mad!!!!!

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

The last draft the Redskins moved around they got a solid player in Kerrigan! But they missed almost every other pickand passed on Watt and just really really amazing players!!! Like Ryan he’s a gamer!!! But that being active isn’t my thing!!! I like to dial in and I’m not about getting cute!!! Like before they took Guice last year I was getting mad mad!!!!!

Why were you mad with the Payne selection? 

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I don't mind them being active, as long as they get proper compensation for it.

I mean, if they trade down with Oakland @27 & get back a 4th rounder?  I'll be about as livid as one can be.

When I'm expecting a 2nd or a 3rd & some change back...

But I also know, it can be smart too. 

The difference in an extra 3rd rounder can be a Chris Cooley or Derrick Dockery on your team.

But I also know that trading back, doesn't always work either when you get, WR Malcolm Kelly & that other bust we took in that same draft in the 2nd Rd.

I think this that draft is deep & loaded with talent.

The more picks we get, the better chances we get on hitting on one.

I do NOT want to trade up in this draft for ANYONE.

Unless his name is Drew Lock.

That's the only player, I would trade up for.

Archived