1. 1. Priority to sign long term

• Schobert
    • Randall
    • robinson
    • higgins
    • Tretter
  2. 2. Tag'em

3. 3. Let him walk

We have a lot of significant players hitting the market next year, and our cap is tight, but actually very workable. 

We have 34 million. with 5 million for rookies this year, and then a 2nd round grade on Hunt we will have about 25 million.
Varying reports exist about our roll over cap some report about 25-28 million. 

Our cap for next years free agency will be about 50 million. 

this can be bumped up to about 65 million cutting, Kirksey, Duke and Smith

Cap nerds can take a breath and vote on the poll. (unles my numbers are wrong, I am no Paul De)

Edited by Kiwibrown

Pretty easy for me.

Randall needs an extension, I think he’s a very good FS who anchors the back end of our defense. 

Schobert is good, but not great.  I think he potentially prices himself out.

Robinson is tbd.  He was good last year, but a lot of the real improvements were scheme and Baker.  If he plays like he did last season, I’m guessing he gets paid.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if it were by us, he plays a premium position.

Higgins is gone, pretty much regardless of what he does, we simply can’t play him when we have OBJ and Landry.  

Tretter is likely gone as well after this season.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see his replacement drafted this year.

• Like 2

Higgy will have to walk unless he’s content being and being paid like a true #4. Tretter is likely on his way out unless he’s content on a similar deal he signed last time. He’s good, not great. Keep Randall long-term, tag him if need-be. Make attempts on Joe Schobert but don’t even consider a deal like MLBs were getting this year. It is what it is there. Robinson is likely going to walk. He’s been fine but not a difficult replacement I don’t think. 

Sign Joe. I think he will thrive in Silks scheme

tag Randall. Keep making him prove himself. If he strings 3 great seasons, lock him

let Robinson walk. With Campen I believe they will find a better long term LT and it could be Harrison once he gets a year with Campen

• Like 1

Duke and Kirksey are both likely to be gone.

I'd try hard to sign Randall and Schobert to mid/long term deals with walkaway options for 2-3 years from now.

Higgins is gone IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted Tretter's replacement this year or next, or acquired a mid tier free agent to replace him for half of the cost.

• Like 1

Sign Joe he’s not going to make Luke type money, but he’s still a very solid player for us who is the captain of the defense. Unless we get a Devin White kind of guy I’m fine with Joe. 

Tag Randall. Unless he can accept a reasonable deal tag him till we can get a replacement. I can’t see us paying him Landon Collins money but someone probably will 

Let Tretter walk. Old and injury prone. Great teammate, but we can find a young center to develop and groom.