Browns sign S Morgan to 2yr deal and plan to sign QB Gilbert (from AAF)

buno67

Just now, MWil23 said:

Well, there's our average starter. I'm fine with this for a year or so.

This is my opinion. He won’t make or break the defense and that should be his job. With the DL they have assembled and with DBs like Randall and Ward as the top guys in the secondary. I think him and Murray will make a great combo 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Well, there's our average starter. I'm fine with this for a year or so.

Totally, between murray and burnett as long as they dont stuff up too much we will be fine. We are improved over kindred.

If we lose corners burnett to fs and randall to CB. 

If randall goes down burnett to fs. It gives us flexibility. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Gilbert is only 27, so he could be a decent back up for awhile and maybe turns into a trade asset or comp pick in a few years 

Optimistic thinking since he's now been picked up by his fourth team and cut three prior times. If I'm betting on anything, I bet he doesn't make the team to be honest. 

JMHO

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I like the Garrett Gilbert signing. He is young and is decently talented. He should make for a very serviceable back up QB. Dude was money in the AAF 

He was the best qb by a long shot. Could see him being a solid 2.

Burnett is a solid signing as a short-term fix at safety. I could still see us drafting a safety this year, but we signed Burnett just in case we're not able to draft one with starting potential. I'd say Burnett is pretty average, so that's fine with me for the next year or two.

Gilbert is likely a third string QB if he even makes the team.

Archived