Browns sign S Morgan to 2yr deal and plan to sign QB Gilbert (from AAF)

buno67

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Practice situations and game situations is Hell of a lot different. 

Also playing under Spurrior and playing in his fun and gun system will prolly benefit him a little with Monken with his air raid style concepts he will be being in. 

Ok

39 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm changing my leader in the clubhouse pick from Taylor Rapp (R2) to Nasir Adderley (R2). Adderley would play #2 CB in our zone-heavy scheme and if we can't extend Randall, he could move back to FS depending on what we do at the position in the future. @MSURacerDT55 turned me on to Adderley and I was shocked at what I saw on tape. He's a freaking stud and my new favorite 2nd round prospect. He'll probably be gone.

Totally agree on Adderley.  His game tape is stellar.

I don't think he'll be there for us, though.  Won't be surprised if he goes in the 1st.

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Totally agree on Adderley.  His game tape is stellar.

I don't think he'll be there for us, though.  Won't be surprised if he goes in the 1st.

Yeah I’d be shocked if he makes it out of the first tbh.  

Ideal H/W/S, etc and great tape.

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder if one of the factors in trading peppers was the abundance of average safetys in free agency as qel as some quality players in the draft available. 

It would be a solid analytics move.

Peppers also fills a need for them, is talented and on a rookie does for 3 more seasons.

This is a pretty good signing, noth actually are.  Burnette is still pretty good, just misused in Pitt with a nagging injury.

The QB got some much needed olaying time and put it on film now at a professional level.  Yes it was subpar competition and team mates, but it was still needed and something he was not getting in the NFL.

This means Dorsey is free to ignore need entirely in the draft and go BPA all the way.  This is how the best talent evaluators find gems later in the draft.

my prediction is Burnette will convert a lot of the haters here in short order.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peppers also fills a need for them, is talented and on a rookie does for 3 more seasons.

He does, but it is at a position that is easy to fill in ss, I cant imagine we are paying burnett a huge amount. 

Ok I'm in the minority here again....

But I am a huge Garret Gilbert fan....I followed him since he was a Sr. in HS...and I always wondered why he never made it.

Some QB's are slower to develop then others...I have also picked some QB's that have not panned out in the Por's. (I thought Arron Murry from UGA was going to be the next big thing). But I am standing on the table for this kid......

my pick this year that nobody is talking about....Jarett Stidham from Auburn....I want/wanted us to draft this kid so bad. I really like this kid.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, NudeTayne said:

@braylon @Vee-Rex Can confirm that Morgan Burnett is in serious discussion to be brought in.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, NateDawg said:

@NudeTayne is John Dorsey -Confirmed. 

It’s all making sense. The picture. The imminent trade declarations which have happened. Praising a bad safety we acquired. 

How did I not see it ...

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Just waiting for the Duke Johnson prophesy to touch down ...

Attempting to maximize value and use other teams' desperation fill holes before the draft, but it has proven difficult with the dreaminess of draft possibilities.  We're working tirelessly with Duke and his representation to do Duke right on his way out while not dragging things on any longer than needed.  Thus far, we've not been satisfied with the offers we've received.  We'll update you all when there is more information.

Archived