Browns to sign S Morgan Burnett (2 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Still will take a safety either in the 2nd or 3rd

I'd imagine so. This move, like many others that Dorsey has made, just gives us more flexibility in the draft. Burnett isn't anything special and most likely won't be a long-term answer, but he's good enough so that we're not forced to take a safety if there's not one worth taking when we're picking. We can truly go BPA throughout the draft.

31 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Friend who is a Steelers fan said this was a solid signing and he played well last year but dealt with some injuries.

I wouldn't say he particularly played well.  The way to talk about his game last year was he was there.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd imagine so. This move, like many others that Dorsey has made, just gives us more flexibility in the draft. Burnett isn't anything special and most likely won't be a long-term answer, but he's good enough so that we're not forced to take a safety if there's not one worth taking when we're picking. We can truly go BPA throughout the draft.

This smells of Simmons and I like it

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Seriously! Why does nobody want that guy? All he does is create turnovers! I’ve been wanting the Eagles to pick him up over the last two years. Instead we get Corey Graham and Andrew Sendejo....

Gotta wonder if he’s a problem in the locker room or thinks he deserves a 50 million dollar deal, because he’s too good to not be on a roster.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gotta wonder if he’s a problem in the locker room or thinks he deserves a 50 million dollar deal, because he’s too good to not be on a roster.

I can't speak on how he looked in Arizona or with the Chargers, but here he was always that guy who would make a couple of splash plays here or there (good scheme + he's a gambler), but was otherwise way too inconsistent to be relied on in coverage.  Plus he's as bad as any tackler I've seen with the Panthers.

Probably believes he's a starter, which I'm sure he could for some teams, but IMO he's best suited as a rotational/depth player.  He's one of those stop-gap guys who will probably be signed right before training camp.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 3