Browns cut Haden

Makaer

Probably a bit late in the day for Ted to make this sort of move I think.

I believe his cap hit this year was around $11m from what Ive read. I for one would like him here as another vet for the younger corners, and although hes had a couple of up and down years, he still would walk in as the No1 corner.

If we didn't lose a comp, and got him on one-year deal with incentives, giving him an opportunity to hit the market as a FA and earn us a comp pick, then hell yes.

I just think we like our young guys a little too much, and this won't be considered. 

38 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I thought the comp pick thingie with FAs was done about a month ago? Signing a FA now shouldn't count (besides, he was cut so it would not count)

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant

No I think you're completely right. 

I didn't want him at his current contract.

But, I want him on a lesser deal.  And that is just because you can't have enough corners, despite having three young ones on the roster.

I think it is pipe dream that GB lands him...someone will overpay for his services (cough/cough Jerruh).

But, if he only wants a House type deal, maybe with incentives, then I'm all for him.  Gotta be careful, though, long injury history and two repaired groins.

I wouldn't. We're drafting and signing long, 6' and over CB's overall. Sure, we have Josh Hawkins, but Hayden doesn't fit what we're trying to do overall. He's a nice player, but I don't think he's a good fit for us. Dallas will probably sign him...

Just now, deltarich87 said:

May not only stay in the AFC....but in the same division no less

Few other reporters mentioning Steelers as the team who will likely sign him. Antonio Brown is going to bat for him within Steelers headquarters

I'd love it if this happened.  Steelers are one of maybe 4 teams who have a chance at competing with the Patriots.  Gotta get them stronger. 

Archived