Green Bay Big Board #8 Overall

Fl0nkerton

@12  

53 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS #8 ON FF'S GREEN BAY BIG BOARD?

• Devin Bush [ILB]
    • Marquise Brown [WR]
    • Andre Dillard [OT]
    • Noah Fant [TE]
    • Rashan Gary [DL/EDGE]
    • Clelin Ferrell [DL/ EDGE]
    • TJ Hockenson [TE]
    • Josh Jacobs [RB]
    • Dexter Lawrence [DL]
    • DK Metcalf [WR]
    • Jeffrey Simmons [DL]
    • Jawaan Taylor [OT]
    • Greedy Williams [DB]
    • Other [Explain]

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Maybe some believe it is easier to teach a slide step to a run blocker than teach a spread OT how to run block?

It's 'gross'?  Hhhmmmmm....I'm getting older every day.

Voting for his grossness- Taylor.  He puts Aaron Jones in the ProBowl.

We've done this song and dance with SEC OTs forever. It doesn't work. Taylor's feet aren't even in the same area code as Dillard's. You can't teach that.

5 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Not sure why anyone thinks Taylor is a run blocking only tackle.

It's not just that, but the primary appeal of Taylor is his ability to maul, but there are problems with his profile for a team that is going to be outside-zone based. I'm not sure he can move his feet well enough, and we never got to see him do a 3C or shuttle, so it's a real concern, especially since GB has erred towards athletic OL for quite awhile.

5 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

It's not just that, but the primary appeal of Taylor is his ability to maul, but there are problems with his profile for a team that is going to be outside-zone based. I'm not sure he can move his feet well enough, and we never got to see him do a 3C or shuttle, so it's a real concern, especially since GB has erred towards athletic OL for quite awhile.

I can understand that, but then I guess it goes back to your question - why would we pick an OL based on his ability to run block? I like Taylor a bit better because I think he went up against better talent last year and only allowed 11 pressures. I also prefer a heavy handed OL.

Archived