Haden released

CleBrowns07

35 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Given how much of his contract we've already eaten in 2017...it's tough to think we weren't going to let the man fight this year and prove it....

Loved Joe's effort and his willingness to be a warrior and battle through injury. The injuries took their toll on his athleticism and movement skills for sure

Unlike most celebrating this move with cackling laughter...I'm sad to see such a warrior and competitor go, especially given all he's sacrificed physically and mentally for the team and his personal pride

He suffered through horrendous teams and horrendous coaches and kept the ship afloat without any real pass rush to assist...

With him and likely Brock off the books, that puts us right back in the top 9 in terms of available cap room after this season. Puts us in a great position to have the flexibility to target two big names next year if need be

The warrior that missed 2 games because of a finger sprain. What a soldier. 

29 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The warrior that missed 2 games because of a finger sprain. What a soldier. 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard to sign the back of those game checks when your pinky aches.

Yeah..what he said...you nailed it bruh...hardee-harr....cackling laugh...get in a circle with one another because you guys hit it right on the nose...that's the proof of how epicly soft and wimpy he was. To think, he told the coaches he wasnt going to play because of his pinky...because that's obviously what happened b/c he's so soft... mean can you believe Joe...what a whimpy whimp..

Urban Meyer said besides Tebow and Pouncey..."Joe Haden's the toughest player I ever coached and doesn't care what condition his body is in; he'll play." Pouncey (Markise) said "Joe will put it all on the line and that's why he and Spikes are our leaders." Joe played through a torn shoulder and two torn groins before, has the respect of his fellow players due to playing through injuries...

Do you even know what it's like to play through injuries in football...probably not...

You really think Joe Haden sat out because of a pinky and refused to play....get the F out of here with that foolishness, lol. What evidence is there that Joe Haden isn't tough besides whatever radio call in "Joe Haden is the softest player in the world" hot take fantasy you've come up with. No coaches, no players who have actually played football believe this.

20 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

Many NFL fans right now:

"Browns are trash!"

(Browns eat millions of dollars in order to release oft injured and under-performing CB)

"HADEN'S AVAILABLE, I"LL BE SO TEH HAPPIEST IF WE GET HIMZ!" 

I think most, like myself with the Saints, would like to see if they can bring him in on a cheap 1 year contract for depth/insurance policy and let him show if he has anything left in the tank.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I think most, like myself with the Saints, would like to see if they can bring him in on a cheap 1 year contract for depth/insurance policy and let him show if he has anything left in the tank.

I certainly think that's prudent and feel like that's how Joe should get a chance with a team, but I would debate whether it's "most" who are being that pragmatic - I've been into some team forums where fans are champing at the bit at the notion of bringing him, which doesn't seem to matchup with a guy who will only provide depth in Nickel coverages.

Just now, BwickRedux said:

I certainly think that's prudent and feel like that's how Joe should get a chance with a team, but I would debate whether it's "most" who are being that pragmatic - I've been into some team forums where fans are champing at the bit at the notion of bringing him, which doesn't seem to matchup with a guy who will only provide depth in Nickel coverages.

Yeah, I mean the Browns cut him and are doing so with having to eat a big cap hit, so there might be other reasons to cutting him besides just his play, but there is still a reason the Browns were willing to cut him that had to relate to his play.  He's obviously has/had skills so wanting to bring him in and seeing if he can replicate it in their system is understandable, but they need to realize that he's likely not going to be the Pro Bowler he once was, at least not consistently.  Sure he might go out and play himself into one this year on another team, but more than likely he'll end up either hurt again or like you said playing in Nickel/Dime and sub situations.

15 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah..what he said...you nailed it bruh...hardee-harr....cackling laugh...get in a circle with one another because you guys hit it right on the nose...that's the proof of how epicly soft and wimpy he was. To think, he told the coaches he wasnt going to play because of his pinky...because that's obviously what happened b/c he's so soft... mean can you believe Joe...what a whimpy whimp..

Urban Meyer said besides Tebow and Pouncey..."Joe Haden's the toughest player I ever coached and doesn't care what condition his body is in; he'll play." Pouncey (Markise) said "Joe will put it all on the line and that's why he and Spikes are our leaders." Joe played through a torn shoulder and two torn groins before, has the respect of his fellow players due to playing through injuries...

Do you even know what it's like to play through injuries in football...probably not...

You really think Joe Haden sat out because of a pinky and refused to play....get the F out of here with that foolishness, lol. What evidence is there that Joe Haden isn't tough besides whatever radio call in "Joe Haden is the softest player in the world" hot take fantasy you've come up with. No coaches, no players who have actually played football believe this.

I've never seen someone take half hearted, snarky banter as seriously as you do.  You must be a hoot at parties.

Your abilty to be upset on someone else's behalf is a sight to behold.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I've never seen someone take half hearted, snarky banter as seriously as you do.  You must be a hoot at parties.

Mind at parties:

winner-of-the-buzz-killington-award-rand

All in good fun of course @Mind Character! I promise buddy! :)

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's hard to tell the tone of your posts, LGB...if it's serious d***ishness or fun forum d***ishness back and forth...I'm always down for the latter and I am an active participant

In this instance, most of my response was to sdrawcab's and having to hear the pinky injury type nonsense for years and years everytime on cleveland sports radio or amongst browns fans. Those of us that listen hear the Joe haden's soft callers year after year bringing up his concussion and how he's not tough and infecting the team with softness for this and that...it gets tiring

From what I've read of your comments on Haden...I've grouped you in with the "Haden's a weakling, cry baby, soft, diva" hot takers that I've had to hear from for years...Maybe I'm wrong to group you into that group but mostly I'm reacting to the belief that you're in that group of people, that those people don't based their belief in any evidence, and that I'm tired of hearing those takes over and over....

Now, if you just hopped on another posters hot take to put some mild-hearted d***ish stuff on it...then cool...my bad...I grouped you in and reacted accordingly, but I don't know LGB...sometimes idk you be on one man...

I love nothing more than to clown with my people and laugh and am not serious...it's just the one thing of mine is the Joe Haden pinky type stuff...sets a dude off  what can I say

Yeah that finger injury must have been a secret coverup for a torn ACL or something way more serious. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/15910/joe-haden-explains-what-happened-with-injured-finger-in-san-diego

oh, wait it actually was a finger injury. Yet this warrior couldn't play through up. Unlike lineman who play with broken fingers all the time. 

But go ahead and rewrite history to fit whatever fantasy you may have. 

I'm somewhere in the middle on Haden.

He played hard and played through some tough injuries, no doubt, but he missed two games for damned pinky, so I refused to call him a "warrior" or whatever.

Dude did the job he was paid exceptionally well to do and generally gave a good effort, but he's far from beyond reproach.

I'm also somewhere in the middle between being a serious dic***** and a fun dic*****, but it wouldn't be fair or fun if I differentiated which posts are which.

I'd rather make you guess and then call you out for being wrong ;)

Archived