Holton Leaves Us a Hill to Climb

wcblack34

9 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Still can after they take a CB in the first round. You just know that Greedy Williams is going to be the highest ranked player on the Vikings board when it is their turn to pick.

For those inclined to pray, please say a prayer that some other team takes Williams in the first 17 picks. We know that the Vikings current decision makers won't have the willpower to resist a temptation like that.

Actually, they might not have the willpower to pass up a couple other lower ranked CBs either so it might not matter. Might as well at least let the Vikings get Greedy.

I've already got my pitch fork and torch ready. Let me know when the mob is storming the castle along 494. 

Getting. Old.

17 hours ago, Heavydan85 said:

What two aaf dbs did we sign? Please say kurtis drummond...because msu homer lol

Edit: https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-sign-cb-duke-thomas-and-s-derron-smith

Apparently his defensive backfield minus him lol.

Duke Thomas is a free safety I feel, or at least that is what I thought of him in college.  Not surprised he was not drafted but he has decent skill and at least they will see what he can do.  Derron Smith in college was a ball hawk his last year on Fresno, pretty good production as a safety intercepting passes and making plays.  Not a great tackler but clearly they want to go smaller and more coverage oriented at safety. 

CB Rhodes, Waynes, Hughes, Alexander

S Smith, Harris, Kearse

Can see why they got two more guys but drafting some would make more sense.  The Vikings also have Jalen Myrick at CB so will see if he can do anything in camp or the spring workouts.  Has great speed and showed flashes when he was on Minnesota in college especially his last season.  Craig James is just a special teams guy most likely and Holton Hill is nice but not a huge deal him being out but doubt they give up on him either.  

Even with them signing Thomas and Smith as of now, they will still draft DBs I feel but doubt it is in the 1st round unless they want to move Waynes right now and really why.  They have him so at least keep him until his contract is up, he is not that valuable as trade bait.

At least the DB room they bring talented guys in where it is like ok I can kind of see why they did that.  With the moves them have made on the interior OL this off season, wow yeah talk about random no name players and that is who they have got at OG and C.  

On 4/5/2019 at 10:27 PM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Look at Dalvin. 100% ready to go to start the season but he looked rusty early on.

Being in shape and being up to NFL game speed aren't the same thing.

Cook was certainly surprising, at least to me. It sure was nice having a competent #2 in Murray.

Thankfully we have solid depth at CB so he can possibly be eased back in, although that could change with the Hill suspension.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Cook was certainly surprising, at least to me. It sure was nice having a competent #2 in Murray.

Thankfully we have solid depth at CB so he can possibly be eased back in, although that could change with the Hill suspension.

I'm sure they'll be looking at first round CBs to fill the void.

Archived