Raider sign S Jordan Richards

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Does anyone else feel Gruden is a complete moron for not seeing how pathetic Cable is and was in Seattle?

I truly don't understand it. Worse is the influence he allowed him in the draft which led to 2 tackles prospects he likely can't develop. So pathetic, they went out an made Trent Brown the highest paid in the game after spending 2 high picks on OT. 

And predictably the #1 issue this 2019 season will be lack of protection. That's why I can't buy this team as anything more than 5-6 wins. You have to win on the Oline and Cable just doesn't cut it.

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is how NE operates. They stack 2nd round picks and play the numbers game. Draft enough players, a couple will really stand out.

The bigger thing here nobody talks about is player development. It's one thing to draft them, quite another to develop  them. I don't trust any rookie Oline with Cable. I'm intrigued by the new Dline coach however.

Yes you are correct, very good point that often gets overlooked. Not the Cable part (that has been discussed often over here) but development in general.

I'm actually quite confident that Gruden will be able to develop this offense into a capable offense, just a question if we are only going to do it with veterans or get the rooks involved as well. I'm also quite confident that Gruden will give the keys of the defense to someone else, just the question if that is someone capable to develop the young guys. 

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I truly don't understand it. Worse is the influence he allowed him in the draft which led to 2 tackles prospects he likely can't develop. So pathetic, they went out an made Trent Brown the highest paid in the game after spending 2 high picks on OT. 

And predictably the #1 issue this 2019 season will be lack of protection. That's why I can't buy this team as anything more than 5-6 wins. You have to win on the Oline and Cable just doesn't cut it.

100% agree

I keep thinking it's because he wants Bill Callahan and his brother on the team once released from Washington, but Snyder has kept them longer than expected...

PS I tried to copy and paste to move to another topic but I've got no idea what I'm doing.  LOL

Archived