make sense I see the Raiders depth chart looking like 

CB1: Conely

CB2: Worely

Slot: Joyner

CB4: Lawson/Nelson

FS: Joyner

SS: Joseph

when Joyner plays the Slot, the other safety on the field with Joseph

Riley/E Harris/ J Richards will be competition for this spot....   this signing won't be a power shift but more depth with starting experience...more  4-2-5 lineups

How is Joyner going to start in two different positions? Eric Harris will start over Joseph. 

On ‎6‎-‎4‎-‎2019 at 12:17 PM, Dessie said:

Underwhelming  pickup. Richards struggles in coverage and is a in the box only safety but is a poor tackler. Most likely a camp body. 

I would be surprised to see a guy that started 12 games last year for the Falcons only be a camp body for us. Anyway, i like these pickups assuming he doesnt cost the world. We need more depth and signings like these help with that. Apart from the lack of action at DE i like what we have done in the offseason.

2 hours ago, Roninho said:

Apart from the lack of action at DE 

crickets chirping...I'm really stating to think we trade up with SF for Bosa if he's not #1. Would rather wait and see who's there at 4 and then take offers if top 3 D are gone but...Wouldn't be too upset if we made a play or trade up from 24/27 to teens for a second DE. We need more than one IMO.

7 hours ago, Roninho said:

I would be surprised to see a guy that started 12 games last year for the Falcons only be a camp body for us. Anyway, i like these pickups assuming he doesnt cost the world. We need more depth and signings like these help with that. Apart from the lack of action at DE i like what we have done in the offseason.

Didn’t he only start for the Falcons due to injury to Keanu Neal? 

On ‎9‎-‎4‎-‎2019 at 11:36 AM, G said:

crickets chirping...I'm really stating to think we trade up with SF for Bosa if he's not #1. Would rather wait and see who's there at 4 and then take offers if top 3 D are gone but...Wouldn't be too upset if we made a play or trade up from 24/27 to teens for a second DE. We need more than one IMO.

I hope we don't trade up.

we have had a lack of action at DE. I don't mind that we didnt sign the high contract players because i'm not sure those are good value deals. But i expected us to sign a bunch of depth guys like we did at S. And am surprised we didnt beat the cowboys for Quinn.

4 minutes ago, Roninho said:

I hope we don't trade up.

I hope not too but it depends on how high Gruden/Mayock are on the top DE's. If Murray goes #1 then I think were good and the Jets could go offense or trade back to a QB needy team.

my DREAM would be Murray, Haskins and Lock to go 1/2/3   :D Couch, McNabb, Smith 1999 draft style   :D

I see us getting 4 starters (this or next season) out our picks. DE, and a coverage S or LB could easily start this season as would a TE/RB/G. WR/CB could start next season if they look good.

If we traded up into the late teens I'd like it to be a pick swap so our 35 slides into 50 range to move 24 to 18/19 if a second DE is there and there is a run starting.

tbh i'm not that interested in getting 4 starters out of our picks. I'm hoping we get 2 difference makers out of those picks first 3 picks.

Much rather end up with 2 'Derwin James'-type impact players and 2 guys who bust/don't start versus ending up with 4 'Kolton Miller'-like players who all start but in reality won't be the guys who will get you deep into the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Roninho said:

tbh i'm not that interested in getting 4 starters out of our picks. I'm hoping we get 2 difference makers out of those picks first 3 picks.

Much rather end up with 2 'Derwin James'-type impact players and 2 guys who bust/don't start versus ending up with 4 'Kolton Miller'-like players who all start but in reality won't be the guys who will get you deep into the playoffs.

All depends on how things fall, but I tend to agree. I'd read 24 and 27 would move you up to pick 8. 24 and 25 to move to 12.

There are probably 20 guys who most have a 1st round grade on, rather get 2 difference makers than 1 difference maker and 2 roles players.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

All depends on how things fall, but I tend to agree. I'd read 24 and 27 would move you up to pick 8. 24 and 25 to move to 12.

There are probably 20 guys who most have a 1st round grade on, rather get 2 difference makers than 1 difference maker and 2 roles players.

I've been thinking about this a lot. Imagine having a combination of say:

QW, Allen or White 

And

Oliver, Sweat, Ferrell

I think that would be better than say QW, Baker and Jacobs, even if I do like a number of players in that 24 - 35 range. I would feel pretty damn good going into the season with QW and Ferrell. Could still pick up a really good player with the pick you didn't trade too.

Imo its a ****shoot anyway. Much rather take 4 shots in rnd 1 & 2 or better get an additional 1st by trading down and get 5 shots. Just make sure you go for BPA and not for need. If we do that imo we have a pretty good shot at ending up with 2 difference makers. Likely not at our position of need, but we could fill that up next offseason.

33 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Imo its a ****shoot anyway. Much rather take 4 shots in rnd 1 & 2 or better get an additional 1st by trading down and get 5 shots. Just make sure you go for BPA and not for need. If we do that imo we have a pretty good shot at ending up with 2 difference makers. Likely not at our position of need, but we could fill that up next offseason.

This is how NE operates. They stack 2nd round picks and play the numbers game. Draft enough players, a couple will really stand out.

The bigger thing here nobody talks about is player development. It's one thing to draft them, quite another to develop  them. I don't trust any rookie Oline with Cable. I'm intrigued by the new Dline coach however.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't trust any rookie Oline with Cable.

I don't trust Cable with our vets!!! It's why Brown worries me. Good in SF and great for Pats but usually Pats players don't stud out for their new team. Cable Olines not known to be good. So my 'math' equals YIKES!!! Hoping to eat more crow on this too...Draft is starting to make me feel warm and fuzzy again. I'm sure it won't last much into May but Vegas for EDC will help. Always nice to see the sights that week.   =)

Archived