Cowboys sign DE DeMarcus Lawrence (5 years, $105M)

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Seems no one ever gets in cap trouble anymore, and the cap will be raised 30-40 mil over the next 3 years so it won't be as bad as  you think.

Depends on what you mean when you say cap trouble. Cap trouble is never anymore going to mean a team is over the cap going into the offseason, or anything. But plenty of teams each year make roster choices to let guys go or not resign guys because they're tight on cap space. These just are also typically the teams that are drafting and developing talent well.

22 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Depends on what you mean when you say cap trouble. Cap trouble is never anymore going to mean a team is over the cap going into the offseason, or anything. But plenty of teams each year make roster choices to let guys go or not resign guys because they're tight on cap space. These just are also typically the teams that are drafting and developing talent well.

Rams have front loaded a ton of contracts to pay Goff.. Last year we were projected to have 80-mil cap space and now we have under 5 mil lol. Cooks, Gurley and Donald getting paid Phat. 

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

What took the Cowboys so long on this contract? Looks solid to me. Locking down a top 5 pass rusher for the next 5 years.

Well, when Lawrence/his Agent were demanding Khalil Mack money, it takes time for both sides to meet in the middle.  Considering there are two other tagged DE's still in negotiations (Clowney and Clark), this deal didn't take long at all. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 3:41 PM, RaidersAreOne said:
Great news for Cowboy fans. However how are they going to fit Dak, Elliot, Cooper, Jones, etc?

What this probably means is they run Zeke into the ground, move money around to (at least try to) tag him a year or two after his 5th-year-option and then Le'Veon him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

This makes me happy that we got Danielle Hunter on his contract. 

Always good to pay early as possible. Raider fan wishing we paid Mack and Carr together but we threw money at G Jackson/Penn later and now we lost a star...

'Pass rushers are hard to find' Gruden 2018

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You’re still glad you paid Carr?

Yeah no capt. Hindsight here and he'll cost 30 mil to resign if he gets back to form. MVP type season in 2016 then breaks leg after he already had a broken finger. Next season he breaks his back and fumbles at the goal line in the Dallas game so he still wants to win. Last season his best friend is traded right before the season and they were leading the Rams at half time but Rams adjusted and Raiders didn't. After a few more losses you could see the 'quit' in a lot of the starters/vets but not Carr. I've got his back but don't know if Gruden does. I'll wish him well if he leaves and know somebody's going to be really happy if he's available. Raiders are a dumpster fire that threw a bunch of money at players that probably won't finish their contracts...

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/thenflshowpod/status/1115631620210470912

With the $105 million deal done @dallascowboys DeMarcus Lawrence is set to undergo surgery on Wednesday. "I can't put a timetable on how long it's going to take me to recover from the surgery, but I should be back before the beginning of the season."

This would piss me off if I was a Cowboy fan.

On 9/04/2019 at 2:40 PM, The LBC said:

What this probably means is they run Zeke into the ground, move money around to (at least try to) tag him a year or two after his 5th-year-option and then Le'Veon him.

Which isn't all that bad a money at the end of the day, it will be over 50 million of career earning.