Cowboys sign DE DeMarcus Lawrence (5 years, $105M)

RaidersAreOne

On 4/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, Cheesehawk said:

What took the Cowboys so long on this contract? Looks solid to me. Locking down a top 5 pass rusher for the next 5 years.

Trade talks maybe? I don't know who Mike Fisher is or the website, but below is a quote from an article he wrote.

The way I understand it, Canter engaged both the Kansas City Chiefs and the Indianapolis Colts in discussions about ways they could trade for DeMarcus Lawrence.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, The LBC said:

What this probably means is they run Zeke into the ground, move money around to (at least try to) tag him a year or two after his 5th-year-option and then Le'Veon him.

I would think Zeke and his agent are smarter than this. Dallas got everything they could out of Demarco and when it came time to pay him, they kicked him to the curb. I am all for elite RBs holding out after 3 years. RBs will likely get one big contract during their careers. They gotta dig their heels in and get every penny they can.

6 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I would think Zeke and his agent are smarter than this. Dallas got everything they could out of Demarco and when it came time to pay him, they kicked him to the curb. I am all for elite RBs holding out after 3 years. RBs will likely get one big contract during their careers. They gotta dig their heels in and get every penny they can.

Not everyone has the stones to do what LeVeon Did, Doubt Zeke does either. Even though that's exactly  what should occur. Pull a Emmitt  Smith!!!

If anyone deserves a New Contract, its him. Not Cooper, Not Dak the player who single handedly carried that offense the better part of the last 3 seasons.

7 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Probably 4 years for Zeke. Murray didn't have a 5th year option

17 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I mean.. we did give him a 4yr/16 Million offer before his contract year. SO we didn't exactly "kick him to the curb". He decided to bet on himself & it worked out for him & us.

Archived