Bears re-sign offensive tackle Rashaad Coward

soulman

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

This dude's going to win the Tanner Gentry award for imaginary excellence 2019

He has way more physical tools than Tanner Gentry.

Coward had a really good preseason despite 5 months at the position. Then he got an entire year of practicing against Khalil Mack. The guy has plus size and plus athletic ability for the position.

8 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

This dude's going to win the Tanner Gentry award for imaginary excellence 2019

Gentry makes wow plays in practice reps.  

Needs to put some on game film or this will be his last year.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Who has actually watched him closely and isn't going off something they heard or read?

I watched the entire HOF game where he played every snap and parts of all of the others so I'm going by what I saw not what I read.

Because of the similarity to the Big Cat Williams conversion Coward interests me and when he played he looked good.  Good feet/long arms.

On April 8, 2019 at 3:01 PM, soulman said:

I watched the entire HOF game where he played every snap and parts of all of the others so I'm going by what I saw not what I read.

Because of the similarity to the Big Cat Williams conversion Coward interests me and when he played he looked good.  Good feet/long arms.

I watched first half and some of second half of game last night.  

He looks like he can actually play oline in this league.  His tech is bad, but that is understandable.  

You know who he went up against a lot? And beat him?  Packer's FA Z Smith.  LOL. 

I would say his pad level, hand placement and feet all need work.  His biggest asset is he is strong as a bull.  He had a run block where he drove his man like 5 yards.  That doesn't happen in NFL.  

He tends to quit after 4 seconds or so at times too. He needs to play through echo of the whistle.  Could be he wasn't in game shape at that time. 

We often talk about just getting HH an OL or two in every draft and/or UDFA group and Coward is just that.  Dejon Allen is another.

Allen was a LT in college so I'd have to think he'd be closer to being able to play some but despite his inexperience and poor technique Coward was fairly impressive.  What interests me even more is Vic Fangio singled him out as a guy we should try on the OL and I trust his judgement.

I didn't think twice about Coward as a viable option, but after watching him play HOF game I think he would be a serviceable player with upside.

I think if he was forced into action this year it would not be a disaster.   

He might be a real find at a difficult position.  

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't think twice about Coward as a viable option, but after watching him play HOF game I think he would be a serviceable player with upside.

I think if he was forced into action this year it would not be a disaster.   

He might be a real find at a difficult position.  

Couldn't be any worse than Massie was when he first arrived.....OUCH.

Archived