Tradin' for Haden?

BucsDraftGeek47

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Would we pay him to sit on the bench? Both VHIII and Grimes played over 1,000 snaps last season. He wouldn't see the field.

Also, I abused my mod powers to spruce up the thread title.

lol i was like dang did my post get deleted, ouch

and idk though Haden is still a solid starter in this league , even if we had him in the slot , we've all been saying that the slot CB is basically a starter anyway

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

limited interest   Haden is going to go where he can start.  They would have to move Hargreaves to nickel.  Grimes is older then Haden, but has proven to be more durable.

Looks like Licht is more interested finding dline

Yeah but no DEs are going to get released so idk where we would find any quality DLinemen

Haden = Grimes  , they are on the same level IMO

Absoultely not. Grimes is way better than Haden at this point of his career and he is like 34 years old. Biggest difference is that one has lost his athleticism and the other still has it. Haden has endured a ton of soft tissue injuries which has slowed him down. He already wasn't a blazing fast CB stepping into the league but injury bug has gotten the worse of him. I'm not sure what Haden can bring to a team nowadays. Maybe he can play some slot CB and sit back in zone coverage. That'll probably help him out drastically seeing that he won't have to play man coverage all the time. 

I just don't think he's needed. We've got JAB on IR; and he's decent. Ryan Smith has shown flashes. We've got the slot covered with Elliot and McClain. Bounce and VHIII make one of the better duos in the league.

I don't think CB is a need until maybe next year.

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just don't think he's needed. We've got JAB on IR; and he's decent. Ryan Smith has shown flashes. We've got the slot covered with Elliot and McClain. Bounce and VHIII make one of the better duos in the league.

I don't think CB is a need until maybe next year.

We most certainly do need a CB. Ryan Smith has a lot to proven and until he shows he can play, its a need. He has shown promise but I'm not counting on him to be the real deal. I expect some flashes of good and bad. Just the right amount of both can determine if has starter potential or is he just a depth player. My gut feeling tells me its the latter but we shall see. Think I'd rather go Tackle or DE round 1 next year anyway.

Just now, indifference said:

We most certainly do need a CB. Ryan Smith has a lot to prove and until he shows he can play, its a need. He has shown promise but I'm not counting on him to be the real deal. I expect some flashes of good and bad. Just the right amount of both can determine if has starter potential or is he just a depth player. My gut feeling tells me its the latter but we shall see. Think I'd rather go Tackle or DE round 1 next year anyway.

What are we gonna do with three outside CBs? Sit one 95% of the time, just in case? What established guy is gonna wanna come here and stand on our sideline? We certainly don't need a slot CB. We've got more than enough of them. And we've got four safeties that can all play the slot a little bit too.

Who in the NFL has three starting caliber outside CBs? I'll give you hint, if you'd like. Even teams like Denver and the Giants only have great starters. They're just as effed as we would be if any of their starters go down.

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

What are we gonna do with three outside CBs? Sit one 95% of the time, just in case? What established guy is gonna wanna come here and stand on our sideline? We certainly don't need a slot CB. We've got more than enough of them. And we've got four safeties that can all play the slot a little bit too.

Who in the NFL has three starting caliber outside CBs? I'll give you hint, if you'd like. Even teams like Denver and the Giants only have great starters. They're just as effed as we would be if any of their starters go down.

Totally agree.  Haden signed for 9 million/ yr.  Assuming  Grimes doesn't  fall off a cliff this season and plays next season, he's probably going to want at least 7 million again.  16 million + is dangerous cap management for 2 CBs over 30.  As far as Smith,  he basically is a rookie playing CB,  so I don't know what he is going to be.

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As far as Smith,  he basically is a rookie playing CB,  so I don't know what he is going to be.

All he needs to do is not get beaten deep. He can give up whatever he wants underneath. He just can't be a hindrance for the few plays he'll be on the field this year. That's all I hope for.

Archived