Post Sachi; What has been the biggest move for turning the browns around?

Kiwibrown

Which move?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Most impactful acquitaion to the Browns turn around?

• Drafting Baker
    • Hiring Dorsey
    • Firing Hue/Hayley
    • Trading for Juice
    • Hiring Freddie
  2. 2. Most overrated move

• Hiring Dorsey
    • Drafting Baker
    • Firing Hue
    • Trading for Juice
    • Hiring Freddie

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And Hue’d be at the podium after the game complaining about the team the front office gave him trying to trade all of their future picks to the Steelers for Josh Dobbs.

@Van...nevermind. Fine.

Clearly finally getting the QB.

Most overrated was hiring Kitchens. We have literally seen ZERO from him yet. I really like him and think he'll do a fine job, but how could this not be the most overrated move? He has yet to do literally anything as our HC.

It's Baker and I don't know how there can be any other answer. At least if you put them in a vacuum. I could see the Dorsey answer as he picked Mayfield. But if we assume, say, Sashi would have too (he would have, Mayfield was an analytics wet dream), then it is Mayfield 100%. A great supporting cast around Rosen or Tyrod isn't doing bupkiss.

40 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

It's Baker and I don't know how there can be any other answer. At least if you put them in a vacuum. I could see the Dorsey answer as he picked Mayfield. But if we assume, say, Sashi would have too (he would have, Mayfield was an analytics wet dream), then it is Mayfield 100%. A great supporting cast around Rosen or Tyrod isn't doing bupkiss.

Buuuuuuuut

Dorsey has a proven history of drafting franchise QBs. If theoretically he didn’t take Baker, I have confidence he would have eventually found the right guy.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Buuuuuuuut

Dorsey has a proven history of drafting franchise QBs. If theoretically he didn’t take Baker, I have confidence he would have eventually found the right guy.

With Haslam's itchy trigger finger and how bad this QB class is... I don't know if he's enough of a magician to make something out of (mostly) nothing.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

With Haslam's itchy trigger finger and how bad this QB class is... I don't know if he's enough of a magician to make something out of (mostly) nothing.

That’s fair.

I love Haskins though, but he’s no Baker.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That’s fair.

I love Haskins though, but he’s no Baker.

Yeah, I like Haskins too and think he is a bit underrated. But if we were tossing last year's and this year's QB classes into one pot, I think (for me) the tiers would be:

Mayfield
---------------
Murray, Rosen, Darnold, Haskins
---------------
Allen, Jackson, Lock

So, while I LIKE the potential for that second tier (not giving up on Rosen, think he could go full Goff if he moved to a better situation) to become franchise QBs, it is hard to guarantee. Especially with, who knows who the coach is right now without the obvious fit that Mayfield was for Freddie's personality and system preferences?

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For the record, there’s nothing a team could offer that would make me consider trading Baker. Maybe Aaron Rodgers, but his age is no bueno.

5 firsts would be the price to consider it at.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For the record, there’s nothing a team could offer that would make me consider trading Baker. Maybe Aaron Rodgers, but his age is no bueno.

We'll see how Baker does year 2 but right now the logical choice would be Mahomes or nothing to trade Baker. I love Baker's attitude (and neither have proven their 1st year starting success yet) so I'm not trading him for anything, including five 1sts.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Most overrated was hiring Kitchens. We have literally seen ZERO from him yet. I really like him and think he'll do a fine job, but how could this not be the most overrated move? He has yet to do literally anything as our HC.

We saw what he could do with the offense and everyone wanted an offensive coach so it adds up. Sure he hasn't proven anything yet as far as winning games as a HC but everything he has done this offseason has been pretty flawless imo and such a great change from Hue.

19 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, I like Haskins too and think he is a bit underrated. But if we were tossing last year's and this year's QB classes into one pot, I think (for me) the tiers would be:

Mayfield
---------------
Murray, Rosen, Darnold, Haskins
---------------
Allen, Jackson, Lock

So, while I LIKE the potential for that second tier (not giving up on Rosen, think he could go full Goff if he moved to a better situation) to become franchise QBs, it is hard to guarantee. Especially with, who knows who the coach is right now without the obvious fit that Mayfield was for Freddie's personality and system preferences?

For me:

Darnold, Baker

Rosen

Murray, Haskins

idgif.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We saw what he could do with the offense and everyone wanted an offensive coach so it adds up. Sure he hasn't proven anything yet as far as winning games as a HC but everything he has done this offseason has been pretty flawless imo and such a great change from Hue.

No I agree, but with a gun to my head, I'd say adding a different HC would change our fortunes LESS than the other events listed. I'm more than happy with Kitchens as our HC and was thrilled we are keeping our Baker Whisperer in the building, but I think any solid HC could make this work with the talent that we now have.

I'm 100% all-in with Kitchens, don't get it twisted. I just feel like it was the least important facet in our turnaround. We would still be projected to win 9-10 games if we hired literally any of the other HC's that got jobs this off-season.

Archived