Giants4eva Mock Draft.. Final Draft

Giants4eva

1- Arizona Cardinals - QB Kyler Murray / Oklahoma - Think this one is just about a done deal. Josh Rosen even brought to light he's prepared for "a football business decision".  The Kliff Kingsbury era starts off with an electrifying player in Murray. 

2- SF 49ers - EDGE Nick Bosa / Ohio State - By most boards, he's the top player overall in this draft. I don't think believe he is, but then again I'm not a GM nor a pro scout. I personally think the top player in this draft is Quinnen Williams. John Lynch will have an interesting call to make here, but i think in the end he goes with Bosa. 

3- NY Jets - DL Quinnen Williams / Alabama - My top player of this draft. Gregg Williams would love to pair this monster in the making with Leonard Williams and just make that front line as nasty as it comes. 

4- Oakland Raiders - EDGE Josh Allen / Kentucky - Raider Nation gets whom i believe to be the best EDGE rusher in this draft. And no its not Nick Bosa, its this guy. Turn on the tape against Penn State and this man took over the game. Mike Mayock's first pick as GM would be superb with this selection.

5- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LB Devin White / LSU - This is a tough spot,  I'm leaning towards 1 of 2 here. It's either White or Ed Oliver. Now alot of reports from the Tampa Bay Times say the Bucc's sorely need a cornerback. But to me the 5th overall pick doesn't warrant taking a CB over an elite LB or lineman. This could also be where we see a trade, possibly with the Denver Broncos. But im not good with trades, so if the Buccs stand pat, i think White will be their guy. Losing Kwon Alexander to the 49ers was a tough loss. So they go and replace him with Kwon 2.0. 

6- NY Giants - DL Ed Oliver / Houston - I can just see this coming. We will not be taking a QB. Dave Gettleman has said "he wont force a pick". Of course he wont, nobody should at all. And they have given no indicators at all as to whom they would like at the QB position to possibly replace Eli. Lots of reports, lots of news, but in the end.. I think Oliver gets the call. They are so devoid of talent on the defensive side of the ball its sickening. Oliver would represent a building block to getting this team back up the ranks. 

7- Jacksonville Jaguars - TE TJ Hockenson / Iowa - This kid has been flying up the draft boards. He is by far the best TE in this draft and has very real perennial pro bowler potential all over him. I had had Jawaan Taylor here for the longest time, and that is a very real possibility here but i think with having brought in Nick Foles.. He had a guy in Philadelphia whom was his bread and butter when he was a in a jam and that was Zach Ertz. I can see Hockenson being in that same role here.

8- Detroit Lions - LB Devin Bush / Michigan - I think the Lions could be another one of those teams in the mix for another defensive talent. Initially i had Rashan Gary here and while i think Gary is an elite talent, teams are gonna be swayed away by the shoulder tear he reported. In my mock here, i was leaning between Gary, Montez Sweat and Devin Bush. Between Gary's shoulder and Sweat with the reported heart issue, i think Devin Bush falls in line here for Detroit. 

9- Buffalo Bills - EDGE Montez Sweat / Miss St - I can see Sweat getting the call here. I don't think his heart issue will scare off Buffalo. It would most other teams. But im thinking Buffalo has to be elated that Sweat falls into their laps. They need more defensive action from up front and Sweat is ideal here. 

10- Denver Broncos - QB Dwayne Haskins / Ohio State - I can see John Elway doing jumping jacks in his war room with hearing that Dwayne Haskins is still available at the 10 spot. I know the Broncos wont force a pick but they are well aware Joe Flacco is a stop gap QB at this point in his career and Haskins would represent the future. 

11- Cincinnati Bengals - OT Jawaan Taylor / Florida - I know Bengals fans will be seething when they see Devin Bush is off the board and TJ Hockenson as well. With most the premier pass rushers off the board, and even Dwayne Haskins, i think they will turn their attentions to the other side of the ball and select the best offensive lineman in the draft in Taylor.

12- Green Bay Packers - EDGE Clelin Ferrell / Clemson - While i think this may be a bit high for him, i can see Ferrell as the pick here. Green Bay let Clay Matthews walk and would like to get a guy whom can rush the passer. Ferrell was a born leader. He was an absolute monster for the Bearcats defense and i can see him coming in and making an immediate impact. 

13- Miami Dolphins - QB Drew Lock / Mizzou - I really think this kid can be a star. He's a gunslinger with escape ability. I know ppl are gonna cry for either an elite lineman here or a possible pass rusher, but if u ask me i think Drew Lock is the right move here. I think 1 yr behind Ryan Fitzpatrick would do him so good with how raw he is but all things considered hes got as much upside as any QB in this draft. If they do not take him now, i DO NOT see him falling to them in rd2. Even with that said i dont feel Lock is a reach. 

14- Atlanta Falcons - DL Rashan Gary / Michigan - I think the slide ends here for Gary. Atlanta is looking to get a pass rush going. I had had Jonah Williams here earlier and i wouldve stuck with him but that was until Rashan Gary reported the shoulder issue. And i dont think Atlanta saw this coming. An elite talent like Gary i highly doubt gets passed here. 

15- Washington Redskins- WR AJ Brown / Ole Miss - This could be the drafts first true shocker. But when u look over the this particular board, u have a couple things . 1- Both Haskins and Lock are gone. 2- They just saw Rashan Gary go right in front of them. One could make an argument for a guy like Brian Burns here as being one of the top defensive prospects, while that is true.. Who exactly does Case Keenum that get him help on the outside? I think they turn their attentions to the guy whom is the best WR in this draft and that is AJ Brown. 

16- Carolina Panthers-  S Nasir Adderley / Delaware - BPA situation meeting an area of need. In my oppinion, i think Nasir Adderley has become the top safety in this class and i can easily see the Panthers bringing him in to lock down that position. 

17- NY Giants - QB Daniel Jones / Duke - I truly think this is the guy the Giants are going to take. An absolute clone of Eli Manning but with escape ability. After all the talks, the interviews, the meetings and such with Dave Cutcliffe.. I think the guy on the Gmens radar is this guy. 

18- Minnesota Vikings - OT Jonah Williams / Alabama - Vikings have to be in shock that an elite olineman like Williams falls to them. In my last draft i had had TJ Hockenson coming in in the case that the cap hits next season would at least spare them a TE in case Kyle Rudolph became a salary cap casualty, but with him gone, i have to think oline is where they turn their attentions to. 

19- Tennessee Titans - WR DK Metcalf / Ole Miss - How much longer will this team wait to give Marcus Mariota an actual weapon downfield? Frank Wycheck was the last offensive stud in recent memory i can think of that the Titans had that was a downfield threat. Metcalf has to get serious consideration here. After his insane combine and the fact he would already be Tennessee's best WR, I dont think they can pass on him

20- PIttsburgh Steelers - CB Greedy Williams / LSU - Steeler Nation would've loved to have had one of the Devin's. But with White and Bush both long gone at this point, i can see the Steelers going after what i think is that top corner in this draft and that would be Greedy Williams. I know some ppl are gonna make a case for Byron Murphy in this scenario, but i still think that Williams has top instincts and can ball out. 

21- Seattle Seahawks - EDGE Brian Burns / Florida St - What a difference a week makes. In my last draft i had said i thought the Frank Clark situation would work itself out. It did. He got shipped off to Kansas City and Seattle got fantastic compensation in return. I can Burns going here for the departed Clark. 

22- Baltimore Ravens - WR N'Keal Harry / Arizona St. - I can see the Ravens adding a talented playmaker into the mix with Harry here. Lamar Jackson will now have an elite WR on the outside. 

23- Houston Texans - OT Andre Dillard / Washington State - After the beating that Deshaun Watson took last year in the playoffs. I just cannot see them passing on an elite talent like Dillard here. Too much for them to let him get by. 

24- Oakland Raiders - RB Josh Jacobs / Alabama - Why not? The Raiders have Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, a decent TE in Jared Cook, so why not add the top RB in the draft to help create some serious skill positions? I can easily see him being a mainstay out of the backfield. I know they signed Isiah Crowell, but im not sold on him being a long term answer. And Beast Mode is more like kitty mode anymore. 

25- Philadelphia Eagles - DL Christian Wilkins / Clemson - The rich get richer. This team has so much talent all around its insane. One could make argument for a guy like Byron Murphy or even Deionte Thompson at this spot but Christian Wilkins somehow is still available. To have him rotate in with Malik Jackson and Fletcher Cox is flat out scary. 

26- Indianapolis Colts - DL Dexter Lawrence / Clemson - Colts grab one of the elite talents from the Clemson Bearcats program to help solidify their dline. 

27- Oakland Raiders - CB Byron Murphy / Washington - Mayock finishes up his first round with adding a superstar at the EDGE spot, taking the best RB in the draft and adding a lockdown CB in Byron Murphy to play opposite Gareon Conley.  Excellent draft by him! 

28- LA Chargers - OT Cody Ford / Oklahoma - Wouldn't u know it.. Chargers desparatly need a tackle.. and Oklahomas monster is just sitting there for the taking. 

29- Seattle Seahawks - S Deionte Thompson / Alabama - With Earl Thomas gone, it still is a pretty big hole to fill. Thompson is right up there with Nasir Adderley as the top safety in this draft. 

30- Green Bay Packers - TE Noah Fant / Iowa - Fant sliding this far is highway robbery. Aaron Rodgers needs another guy to spread the field too. I can see Fant being the pick here. 

31- LA Rams - DL Jeffery Simmons / Miss St. - BPA situation for the Rams. After losing Ndamukong Suh, there's a sizable hole at the DT spot. Simmons may not play this season due to the injury he sustained but when healthy he was easily a top 5 talent in this class. The other reason he slides this far is checkered off the field problems he's had. He is one of those high risk / high reward types. Well see how it turns out. He's managed to stay out of trouble off the field in the last few monthes so well see.

32- New England Patriots - OT Greg Little / Ole Miss - This team, doesnt matter what they take. They make the most of any and all prospects they come across. Best drafting team consistently in the NFL if u ask me. Little represents a BPA for a position situation here. After losing Trent Brown to the Raiders, i just can not see Bill Bellechick not taking a stab at this guy. Dominant line play is something the Pats preach religiously. 

Edited by Giants4eva

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

AJ Brown is a good pick for the Redskins.

Ya your team was difficult. It would be so easy to say go quarterback with them with the loss of Alex Smith. But i don't think Dan Snyder and Co. are gonna force / reach for a QB they dont feel is the guy to lead the franchise. I could see them trading up, its very possible. I just dont see it being high enough to get into the top 5/7 picks. So they go the route of WR in my oppinion

5 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I wouldn't hate the Bush pick because if fills our biggest need, but Hockenson is a better player, and with Eifert's injury history he would play a lot.

Give me Bush all day over Hock.  We have other offensive weapons.  We literally have no LBs who can cover.

19 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I wouldn't hate the Bush pick because if fills our biggest need, but Hockenson is a better player, and with Eifert's injury history he would play a lot.

Ya Eifert came to mind when i was writing this up. His injuries alone was the reason i had projected Hockenson. But the strength of this draft is the defense. I just feel 2 guys like Devin White and Devin Bush are gonna go high. Hockenson is really shooting up the charts right now on alot of other mocks but i see him going towards the mid / late 1st. 

A lot of good options on the board for the Vikings. I would find it hard for them to pass on Dillard with the state of our Oline woes...that said, if we don't go oline Hock is a good option imo. He is well rounded and can help in all aspects of the offense.

1 hour ago, Spinnerman1950 said:

Can’t see D Jones with Hockenson, Burns , Ferrell, Lawrence, Dillard at that point. DJ may be okay but don’t see him as a franchise QB . Am a Jints fan and would be disappointed in that selection.

Apparently from all the reports, David Cutcliffe has been in heavy contact with Pat Shurmur and Dave Gettleman about him. And also Jones and Eli Manning have been in heavy talks regarding playing for the Giants. 

58 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I love how the Lions signed Trey Flowers and people still think they're going to draft someone at #8 to play his position

You can never have enough pass rushers. This draft is high on elite defensive talent. Any team will take a top flight player whom makes that team better. In this draft its on the defensive side of the ball. When my Giants had Mike Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, they went out and drafted Mathias Kiwanuka to add to their pass rush. Cant go wrong with a guy like Gary to add into the mix. 

Edited by Giants4eva

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

You can never have enough pass rushers. This draft is high on elite defensive talent. Any team will take a top flight player whom makes that team better. In this draft its on the defensive side of the ball. When my Giants had Mike Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, they went out and drafted Mathias Kiwanuka to add to their pass rush. Cant go wrong with a guy like Gary to add into the mix. 

Like I always say, when you have a chance to use the #8 overall pick on a guy who will play 40% of the snaps or take away snaps from other great players, you gotta do it. Why take a player who could play 100% of the snaps at a position of need when you can draft a rotational backup? 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Like I always say, when you have a chance to use the #8 overall pick on a guy who will play 40% of the snaps or take away snaps from other great players, you gotta do it. Why take a player who could play 100% of the snaps at a position of need when you can draft a rotational backup? 

giphy.gif

Gary played along the entire line at Michigan, he can come in and play EDGE easily for you guys. I wouldn't exactly call Romeo Okwara anything more than average. You got Trey Flowers but lets see what Gary does. I could easily see him taking over Okwaras job

Edited by Giants4eva