Giants4eva Mock Draft.. Final Draft

Giants4eva

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You’ll see

Haskins won't even be the 3rd QB selected. All media created hype.

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1114671399518576640

https://twitter.com/pfootballchase/status/1115246084337688576

I really need to learn how to put tweets in here

Edited by BowserBroncos

On 4/6/2019 at 10:14 AM, Giants4eva said:

13-  Miami Dolphins - QB Drew Lock / Mizzou - Ryan Fitzpatrick ? .. LOL. Ya no. This is one place i believe a QB has to be taken. The Dolphins have talent, they just need a QB to put it together. I think Lock can step in and help. 

2019 is a special class for the D-Line.  2020 is a special class for QB's.  Even if they draft Drew Lock, Miami will be AT BEST 3-13 next season.  Why not take a DL now and a QB in 2020?  Miami should be all in on the 2020 QB class.  And good on them for thinking that way.  They actually have a plan and they are getting roasted for it.  They should be praised.  Tua, Fromm and Herbert will all grade out better than the entire 2019 class.

Edited by Rgossett07

5 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

2019 is a special class for the D-Line.  2020 is a special class for QB's.  Even if they draft Drew Lock, Miami will be AT BEST 3-13 next season.  Why not take a DL now and a QB in 2020?  Miami should be all in on the 2020 QB class.  And good on them for thinking that way.  They actually have a plan and they are getting roasted for it.  They should be praised.  Tua, Fromm and Herbert will all grade out better than the entire 2019 class.

I think Drew Lock is a good prospect and deserving of a 1st rd selection. Before the 2018 college season started he was a consideration for the Heisman Trophy. Id like to see him translate his game to the NFL. Well have to wait and see.  I cannot see the Dolphins waiting 1 more season to take a quarterback. Im really getting tired of ppl downplaying QBs in every single draft. I hear it year in and year out about how this qb isnt anything special compared to this class or that. I heard it with Carson Wentz and Jared Goff as being potential busts coming out of a "weak QB class" ... I think we all know how they are doing. I heard ppl say Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston are gonna be perennial pro bowl studs year in and year out because they hadn't see 2 studs like this come out in a long time.. now both are considerably underwhelming and have their respective teams questioning whether or not they should be starting. Mariota of the 2 has been the one whom seems to have a better grasp but something always goes wrong for the Titans. 

Edited by Giants4eva

17 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I think Drew Lock is a good prospect and deserving of a 1st rd selection. Before the 2018 college season started he was a consideration for the Heisman Trophy. Id like to see him translate his game to the NFL. Well have to wait and see.  I cannot see the Dolphins waiting 1 more season to take a quarterback. Im really getting tired of ppl downplaying QBs in every single draft. I hear it year in and year out about how this qb isnt anything special compared to this class or that. I heard it with Carson Wentz and Jared Goff as being potential busts coming out of a "weak QB class" ... I think we all know how they are doing. I heard ppl say Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston are gonna be perennial pro bowl studs year in and year out because they hadn't see 2 studs like this come out in a long time.. now both are considerably underwhelming and have their respective teams questioning whether or not they should be starting. Mariota of the 2 has been the one whom seems to have a better grasp but something always goes wrong for the Titans. 

You are making my point.  2019 is a GREAT DL class.  Grab one this year knowing there is a process in place.  Even if next year's QB prospects are equal to 2019 QB class, I would still take a DL.  Too much great DL talent.  As the 76ers would say... Trust the Process

1 hour ago, Rgossett07 said:

You are making my point.  2019 is a GREAT DL class.  Grab one this year knowing there is a process in place.  Even if next year's QB prospects are equal to 2019 QB class, I would still take a DL.  Too much great DL talent.  As the 76ers would say... Trust the Process

And if a GM has a chance at a franchise QB and passes on him in favor of another position.. ya been thru this with my team. Job security is on the line for those GM's and even head coaches whom "wait". Dave Gettleman if he does not draft a QB is on the hot seat. If Chris Grier is smart, I'm sure he's eyeing a QB. Drew Lock has a game eerily similar to Drew Brees and Matt Stafford. 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, FalconFan13 said:

I don't dislike it Jonah is a great player and a need for sure would finish our O-line out and put him at RT.   Although i personally might still go Wilkins or Lawrence there at DT myself but wouldn't be mad at the pick at all.

Exactly how I feel. I love Jonah though and will never be mad at a true OT in the first round.

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Exactly how I feel. I love Jonah though and will never be mad at a true OT in the first round.

Same and that goes for Ford or Taylor as well as said RT isn't my 1st choice but it's not something im upset about either unless we pass on Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver if they fall to us to do it.  I think those guys are elite level talent at my most wanted position lol.  Then i might be a little pissy but would still like the player we got of those 3  lineman. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:14 AM, Giants4eva said:

13- Miami Dolphins - QB Drew Lock / Mizzou - I really think this kid can be a star. He's a gunslinger with escape ability. I know ppl are gonna cry for either an elite lineman here or a possible pass rusher, but if u ask me i think Drew Lock is the right move here. I think 1 yr behind Ryan Fitzpatrick would do him so good with how raw he is but all things considered hes got as much upside as any QB in this draft. If they do not take him now, i DO NOT see him falling to them in rd2. Even with that said i dont feel Lock is a reach. 

I appreciate the comment and where your opinion is going, but honestly don't agree. Yeah, I know....we are clamoring for a lineman or 2 or 20....But, we really need them.
I get your point, but I don't think Lock is a "can't miss" prospect (and that includes Haskins, 1 year and albeit a good one, still not enough information to judge as a "can't miss 1st round player"). Will he be good? Possibly. Any of them could....But, we need trench workers now more so than a MAYBE at QB. There are just too many solid "FIT" players for what we need for our team moving forward. 

I still think OL, DL is the way we go 1st round. Wilkins, Ferrell, Jonah Williams, Bradbury.... something in that realm. Just my $0.02. Thanks! :)

-S-

• Like 1