Packfanfb's "It's Saturday" Mock

packfanfb

If I keep doing these, I'm bound to get at least one of our picks right come April 25-27. 

Free Agency 

Rodney Gunter -- IDL -- 6'5", 304 lbs -- 2 years, $4.5m

usatsi_11971924-e1554320199370.jpg?w=100

Packers brought the big fella in for a visit a few days ago. Gunter weighs his options for a bit and then signs with the Packers right before the draft. Adds depth to the IDL and probably means we are moving on from Mo. Young player who had a pretty solid year last year in Arizona. 

Draft

First 11 picks: 

1. Arizona -- Kyler Murray (QB) -- Seems like this is a sure thing. 

2. SF -- Nick Bosa (EDGE) -- SF will add Bosa to pair with Ford on the edges. 

3. NYJ -- Josh Allen (EDGE) -- NYJ struck out here after Barr walked away. They pretty much have to go EDGE.

4. Oakland -- Quinnen Williams (IDL) -- Gruden isn't dumb enough to pass up Williams right?

5. TB -- Devin White (ILB) -- They lost Kwon in FA and will replace him here. 

6. NYG -- Dwayne Haskins (QB) -- Think Giants have to go QB. They failed to do so in 2018, but not here. 

7. Jax -- DK Metcalf (WR) -- Shiny new toy to give Foles. 

8. Detroit -- Montez Sweat (EDGE) -- Seems like the guy Patricia will want here. 

9. Buffalo -- Ed Oliver (IDL) -- Oliver has been on Buffalo's radar for a while. Don't think he slips by them. 

10. Denver -- T.J. Hockenson (TE) -- Denver could go multiple ways but they have no TEs worth a damn on their team so Elway takes Hock. 

11. Cincy -- Devin Bush (ILB) -- Seems like a Cincy pick, plus they lost Burfict so there's a need as well. 

Drew Lock is still available and the Packers use that to their advantage. Get calls from Miami at 13 and Washington at 15. After the bidding war, Packers agree to trade the 12th pick to Washington in exchange for 15 and 76. 

12. Washington -- Drew Lock (QB) -- Wash gets their QB. 

13. Miami -- Jawaan Taylor (OT) -- Miami pounces on Taylor and fill a big need at OT. 

14. Atlanta -- Christian Wilkins (IDL) -- Think ATL goes Wilkins here over Jonah/Gary/Burns. They franchises Jarrett and may not keep him long term. Wilkins is an ideal replacement or co-DT.

15. Packers -- Brian Burns (EDGE) -- 6'5", 249 lbs 

8972899.jpg

Packers choose Burns over Gary, Dillard and Jonah, probably the other 3 top prospects on the board. Burns was a terror in college and has an extremely high ceiling. He turns 21 in April and has already proven his speed and agility are still top notch at 250 lbs versus the 235 lbs he played at in college. If he can't add further muscle/mass, his floor is probably a better version of Leonard Floyd. If in a year or two he can get up to 260-265 lbs, he could be the next Aldon Smith/Danielle Hunter without the baggage. Perfect compliment to the Smiths who can fly off the EDGE. 

Round 1 -- Pick 30 -- Chris Lindstrom (OL) -- 6'4", 308 lbs

usa_today_10514416.0.jpg

Simply love Lindstrom as a fit in GB. IMO, he's the best true OG in this class and has the athletic profile that fits LaFleur's scheme. Immediately provides depth at the OG position and has the length to play OT (34 in arms). IMO, the Packers will be looking to replace Lane Taylor either this year or next because I don't think he's going to hack it athletically in this scheme. Lindstrom could beat out Taylor this year or be ready to take his spot next year and Taylor could be cut to save about $5m in 2020. Together with Turner, Packers get a big boost to the interior of their OL. 

Packers notice a player falling early in the 2nd round and make a move. Packers trade picks 44 and 119 to Jax for pick 38. 

Round 2, Pick 38 -- A.J. Brown (WR) -- 6'0", 225 lbs

usa_today_10399031.0.jpg

Packers were considering Brown at 30 and went with Lindstrom instead. When Brown makes it past pick 5 of the 2nd round, GB moves up to get their man. Brown is a polished, ready-to-play guy who can work on the outside and in the slot. Lot of production in college, something GB covets. 

Round 3, Pick 75 -- Amani Hooker (SAF) -- 5'11", 210 lbs

GettyImages-859991060-1024x683.jpg

Had him in my last mock and like him again here at pick 75. Athletic, versatile defensive back who will get first crack to line up next to Amos. 

Round 3, Pick 76 -- Jace Sternberger (TE) -- 6'4", 251 lbs

1025403094.jpg.0.jpg

Versatile TE who lined up everywhere for A&M. Smooth athlete and a willing blocker as well. Should be someone LaFleur covets for his TE group. 

Round 4, Pick 114 -- Ben Banogu (EDGE) -- 6'3", 250 lbs

899867962.jpg.0.jpg

Work-out warrior who is still raw as an EDGE player, but has dynamic explosiveness. Imagine coupling Burns and Banogu with the Smiths on our front? His combine numbers could vault him into late day 2, but given his undeveloped play on the field, I think there's a chance he's still there in round 4. If so, the value is there for a guy we don't need to start on day 1. 

Round 5, Pick 150 -- Tyler Roemer (OT) -- 6'6", 312 lbs

09082017-Tyler-Roemer-800x445.jpg

Roemer is interesting. Pretty good athlete with good size for the OT position. Needs to get stronger, but was a solid pass blocker in 2018 for SDSU (believe he graded out on par with Risner/Cajuste). Good numbers overall at the combine and has upside. Was suspended and kicked off the team at SDSU late during the 2018 season for "undisclosed" reasons that I don't believe have surfaced. Either way, he was still invited to the combine so you'd have to think it was not for a reason that will impact the start of his NFL career. 

Round 6, Pick 185 -- Evan Worthington (SAF) -- 6'2", 212 lbs

8015370.jpg

Worthington has good size and range at the SAF position. Value pick because I think he falls due to not having a great combine. His pro day 40 was a big better (4.59) and the Packers have shown some interest already (one of a few teams to meet with him at his pro day). Good safety class this year so no reason why Packers shouldn't double-dip. 

Round 6, Pick 194 -- Devine Ozigbo (RB) -- Nebraska, 6'0", 230 lbs

1062864540.jpg.0.jpg

Same pick from last mock. Packers should go RB on day 3 and Ozigbo is my guy. Patient runner with good vision, and has experience as a zone runner. 

Round 7, Pick 226 -- Cole Holcomb (ILB) -- UNC, 6'1", 234 lbs

8660619.jpg

Picked him in my last mock. Tons of raw upside, depth at ILB and a should-be solid ST player from day one. 

Damn. I love this draft. The only player I don’t like here is Jace Sternberger, but he took a visit with GB, so they probably disagree. Who am I to argue?

Even Banogu, who I’m not the biggest fan of, seems to be taken in the perfect spot. I would be more than fine. 

I’m over the moon for the rest of it. 

Best I have seen thus far. Not a fan of Burns as a player, that might just be me but love the trades. Love the fact that two of our first three picks are on the offence side of the ball. Like the positions you went after later in the draft. GREAT

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like it. How did we get that 2nd 3rd rounder though? I missed a trade up.

Trade back with Washington in 1st. They get 12, we get 15 and 76. Actually think that trade could really happen assuming Washington doesn't trade for Rosen. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Trade back with Washington in 1st. They get 12, we get 15 and 76. Actually think that trade could really happen assuming Washington doesn't trade for Rosen. 

Would help if I read apparently.

That would be about an ideal trade back- I did read that they're reported to be after Rosen though, which would obviously change their need to trade up.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Would help if I read apparently.

That would be about an ideal trade back- I did read that they're reported to be after Rosen though, which would obviously change their need to trade up.

Yea, they get Rosen and that trade is dead. Maybe we would sucker Miami to move up one spot and get something from them if their QB is still sitting there. 

Really like this one.  Would tweak it by passing on Banogu and grabbing Cashman LB from Minnesota.

The other one I don't like is Ozigbo.  He didn't produce against any worthwhile opponent:

from NFL Network-

One-year wonder with chunks of production coming against lesser defenses

Had 41 carries for 170 yards and 0 TDs vs

Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin and Iowa combined

Overall though- like it with very realistic 'Gute' moves.

Archived