Ravens sign WR Seth Roberts

wackywabbit

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/press-release-ravens-agree-to-terms-with-seth-roberts

It's 1 year deal. He was cut by Oakland earlier this week.

Where does Seth Roberts - Willie Snead - Chris Moore rank among the top WR groups in the league right now?

They rank in the LOL category.

However, they’re going to ride or die with Lamar, so I get it.

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Apparently we signed him because of his downfield blocking ability, which just about tells you all you need to know about our offensive plans next year.

You guys need Brandon Coleman then.

Dude’s seen blocking 50 yards downfield, then after the game he tweets the play later pointing out a block he missed that would’ve turned Ingram’s huge gain into a TD had he made the block better 

Hes a skilled blocker and takes pride in those duties  

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

You guys need Brandon Coleman then.

Dude’s seen blocking 50 yards downfield, then after the game he tweets the play later pointing out a block he missed that would’ve turned Ingram’s huge gain into a TD had he made the block better 

Hes a skilled blocker and takes pride in those duties  

I'll relay this info to Eric DeCosta and we'll probably sign him to a Ryan Grant-style contract in two days - pending a physical, of course.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'll relay this info to Eric DeCosta and we'll probably sign him to a Ryan Grant-style contract in two days - pending a physical, of course.

You guys needs draft Terry Mclaurin and Paris Campbell. They were reduced to just being blockers when we had JT Barrett.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

However, they’re going to ride or die with Lamar, so I get it.

It's not really a new thing with Lamar, although that connection will be made a lot. Even with a pure pocket passer in Flacco they've never invested in the WR position. The best WRs we've had were ALWAYS guys that other teams didn't want/value enough to keep.

A common narrative is that the Ravens can't draft/develop WRs, which is true to some extent. But what stands out more is that they don't even really try. I recently saw that in the 11 drafts going back to when we got Flacco in 2008, they've spent a top 100 draft pick (first 3 rounds) on a WR exactly 2 times. A top 50 pick 1 time. A top 25 pick 0 times. (Perriman 26th overall in 2015 and Torrey Smith 58th overall in 2011). 

13 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It's not really a new thing with Lamar, although that connection will be made a lot. Even with a pure pocket passer in Flacco they've never invested in the WR position. The best WRs we've had were ALWAYS guys that other teams didn't want/value enough to keep.

A common narrative is that the Ravens can't draft/develop WRs, which is true to some extent. But what stands out more is that they don't even really try. I recently saw that in the 11 drafts going back to when we got Flacco in 2008, they've spent a top 100 draft pick (first 3 rounds) on a WR exactly 2 times. A top 50 pick 1 time. A top 25 pick 0 times. (Perriman 26th overall in 2015 and Torrey Smith 58th overall in 2011). 

Things might change sooner rather than later without Newsome in control though.

Archived