If Player ????? falls to ???? (this pick) GB should trade up

squire12

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd give up 12, 30 and our third to get Bosa, so whichever pick that is.  I'd give up 12 and our 3rd to get Oliver.  

I don't think I'd give up 12 and 30 for anyone in the draft this year after thinking about it more.

Burns/Sweat + Tillery/Simmons is a better haul than QW or Bosa IMO.

I'd give up 12 & 44 for either Bosa or QW though.

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think I'd give up 12 and 30 for anyone in the draft this year after thinking about it more.

Burns/Sweat + Tillery/Simmons is a better haul than QW or Bosa IMO.

I'd give up 12 & 44 for either Bosa or QW though.

This is my thought! 

Beating a dead horse in this thread too, but for those that want to throw around First Rounders like they're candy:

Bulaga and Spriggs likely gone

Daniels and Lowry likely gone

Graham likely gone

Fackrell likely gone

Amos and who ???

Take a look at the depth chart and realize how these things affect the roster. That's why I say we aren't close enough. 

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It is highly unlikely both are gone, unless we get a solid prospect this year.

No reason not to give Bulaga another contract IMO. He's a top 5-10 RT when reasonably healthy.

I'd be shocked. Lang and Sitton are both retired at 31 and 32. Bulaga is 30 and was asked to take a paycut already. I think it's safe to say with his injury history that his trajectory is mirroring his former teammates. Only the team doctors know. And as with Sittion and Lang, we have seen teams willing to throw dumb money at these guys. For me, the only question is Spriggs, but how do you throw starter money at that guy ? I'd rather cash out on both IMO

58 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'd be shocked. Lang and Sitton are both retired at 31 and 32. Bulaga is 30 and was asked to take a paycut already. I think it's safe to say with his injury history that his trajectory is mirroring his former teammates. Only the team doctors know. And as with Sittion and Lang, we have seen teams willing to throw dumb money at these guys. For me, the only question is Spriggs, but how do you throw starter money at that guy ? I'd rather cash out on both IMO

I don't see their situations particular comparable. It starts with the position played. OT vs OG. One is clearly more valued by this FO tree.

Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are the only guys who are so head and shoulders better than the other prospects that they'd be worth considering throwing both our 1st round picks at. If either of them falls to 5, that's where I start calling, just to get the feeler out. 

And as I said in a different thread, if some football wizard could guarantee me I was getting both Burns and Tillery in the 1st, I would take that over either one of these guys, because I believe in those two players. 

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It is highly unlikely both are gone, unless we get a solid prospect this year.

No reason not to give Bulaga another contract IMO. He's a top 5-10 RT when reasonably healthy.

Injury prone players don't fix themselves as they get old. They get more injury prone. If he gets through this year reasonably healthy then I would be (extremely surprised) happy to give him a 1 year deal. Anything longer with any guaranteed money would be a massive and probably dumb risk. His performance isn't the issue here. 

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Injury prone players don't fix themselves as they get old. They get more injury prone. If he gets through this year reasonably healthy then I would be (extremely surprised) happy to give him a 1 year deal. Anything longer with any guaranteed money would be a massive and probably dumb risk. His performance isn't the issue here. 

I mentioned this some time back, but think it worth repeating. The #1 thought that comes to mind regards Bulaga is "injury"
While he may not have a perfect attendance record, he's far from egregious.....

2014 - 15 games
2015 - 12
2016 -  16
2017 -   5
2018 -  14

Outside of 2017, if we had a decent backup, his absences would be much easier.

If you think Bosa is a perennial top 10 pass rusher, I’d give up 12/30 for Bosa. I’m not sure he is, but I get it. To get high end rushers you have to give something up or really really suck. Right now we have a few 6-12 sack guys. We don’t have a dominant game changing talent. If there was a year  we could afford to take a swing at a high end guy, this would be it (extra 1, 4th).

I’d also say, people in general on this board are anti trade ups. I get it (more players=more chances) but every team has a few holes. I know every draft is different but the recent drafting history of this team shows guys around 30 are more likely to be just a solid starters. I’d gladly give up that for a blue chip prospect. People freaked when we gave up multiple picks for Clay. Impact players matter.

With that said, I think a trade up from 30 to 20ish is more likely. Really similar to 2009, we’re likely scouting hard top 15-20 prospects. Someone Gutekunst grades as a top 10 player will drop.

Move down all day. Rounds two and three are the value.

A move down and grab two is worth more than Q Williams or Bosa.  It's very close at least. This team lacks depth and future everywhere --- why  we spent so much on FAs.

Right now I have only one guy I reallly want that will be at that 12 spot. I have eight players I would absolutely love at the top of round two. Two and three are where the gold is in this draft.

12 hours ago, cannondale said:

Beating a dead horse in this thread too, but for those that want to throw around First Rounders like they're candy:

Bulaga and Spriggs likely gone

Daniels and Lowry likely gone

Graham likely gone

Fackrell likely gone

Amos and who ???

Take a look at the depth chart and realize how these things affect the roster. That's why I say we aren't close enough. 

I agree with not throwing around first rounders.  I do want to know why you think that Lowry would be gone, do you think someone throws big money his way? I think that he is a guy we can retain for a reasonable salary.  If we draft his replacement, or it comes from Lancaster, Adams, or a new draft pick, then that replacement is already in hand, and not a big deal.

I also don't think that both Bulaga and Spriggs are goners.  Interesting note, I was looking at the roster, and all of our tackles entered the league at age 20 or 21, except Gerhard de Beer.  I think both are gone IF we draft a RT, or Billy Turner plays RT and not G.  I also can't help but think that we can get Spriggs signed in a similar way that we signed Lane Taylor.  Sign him for what looks expensive, but as the next round of FA hits it becomes more palatable.  

Right now GB is guaranteed a top ten talent because of QBs that will be picked. Why trade up if you are getting one of the top ten guys? For me the 30th pick is the trade or stay pick. According to multiple scouts, there are between 23-25 players with first round grades. Will Green Bay trade up from 30 to grab a first round talent or trade down for more choices in the second or third rounds. According to the same scouts...there are 60 players with 2nd round grades and 66 with 3rd grades. The strength of the draft is in those two rounds of talent that amounts to 126 players. I think Gutsy trades down that 30th pick and gets an offensive lineman, TE, WR, Edge, and RB with his next 5 picks. 

Archived