If Player ????? falls to ???? (this pick) GB should trade up

squire12

19 hours ago, cannondale said:

If by "off with their heads" you mean "it's a business" then you are correct. How long should Spriggs get to "develop his craft ??"  Because his deal is up after this year. How many more millions should he receive to apprentice ?? Is he gonna sign a one year apprentice deal so the Packers can be sure; before he is beheaded or rewarded ?? Of course not. He's gonna want 4 years 28 million minimum with some guaranteed money, so he can continue to "develop his craft ??"  It's a business. I would take a wild guess and say 90% of higher picks at the Tackle position have taken hold of the job before their first contract is up, or they are cut. If he wants to apprentice for 6 years, go be a plumber

If he gets 4/28 you let him walk and get your comp pick. Spriggs is cheap this season and my bet is on him being on the roster this year. Even if you take a tackle at 1.12, Spriggs is still going to be better than the next guy. 

Do I think Spriggs will turn into something? Not really. But a new coaching staff, scheme, and line coach might be what he needed. Odds are on him getting the chance to prove that. 

On 4/7/2019 at 4:07 PM, mightybk said:

We've had Spriggs for 3 years. He is not worth a 4th year. 

Do you really think there are 64+ better OT in the NFL?  Are there 96+ better OT than Spriggs?  The hate on Spriggs is stupid.  He's got his issues, but he's not Marshall Newhouse.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you really think there are 64+ better OT in the NFL?  Are there 96+ better OT than Spriggs?  The hate on Spriggs is stupid.  He's got his issues, but he's not Marshall Newhouse.

And even Marshall Newhouse has played 9 seasons in the NFL. 

He's been a full-time starter for 4 of those seasons. 

oof. 

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Packers fans been real spoiled by our OTs in recent years. Spriggs is a completely fine starting OT.

7 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Packers fans been real spoiled by our OTs in recent years. Spriggs is a completely fine starting OT.

Agree, who is he supposed to replace?  He has had limited snaps available, because he is behind one of the best OT tandems in the league. Bak and Bulaga are right up there, if Bulaga could stay healthy they might be tops.

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Agree, who is he supposed to replace?  He has had limited snaps available, because he is behind one of the best OT tandems in the league. Bak and Bulaga are right up there, if Bulaga could stay healthy they might be tops.

The fact that Jason Spriggs is our swing tackle is a luxury virtually no other NFL team has.

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Cole Madison has a better chance of making the 53 than Spriggs does. 

Markitdown

41 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I can't find the correct way I want to word this, but I wouldn't call it spoiled. I want Spriggs to have every opportunity to win that job, and I've been consistent with not thinking we need one in the 1st this year, but if he isn't a top end RT, I would want him replaced. I think the OTs need to be able to win vs all types of rushes, including RTs. 

Bakh and Bulaga for 1 more year. If Spriggs isn't playing well this year, he doesn't get extended. If he does, he gets extended. If he plays poorly as the starter in 2020, find someone else. 

47 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

And even Marshall Newhouse has played 9 seasons in the NFL. 

He's been a full-time starter for 4 of those seasons. 

oof. 

And was the starting LT for 13/16 games on a dynamic offense that was 15-1 in the regular season.

Just now, squire12 said:

And was the starting LT for 13/16 games on a dynamic offense that was 15-1 in the regular season.

Fully aware. 

That was more a comment on the fact his post-GB career included that many starts (I always knew he had one post-GB season as a starter, but I kind of forgot he duped two separate teams), 

Archived