Latest first pick mock (with atlanta tradeback)

Miblue

Round 1 Pick 14 (ATL): Devin Bush, OLB/ILB, Michigan (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan (B+)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ATL): Juan Thornhill, SS, Virginia (B+)
Round 3 Pick 15 (ATL): Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St. (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Nate Davis, OG, Charlotte (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 11: Darius Slayton, WR, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: LJ Scott, RB, Michigan St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Landis Durham, DE, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Jimmy Moreland, CB, James Madison (A+)

Who is taken before? Cause if Devin White is there. I would rather him then all those extra picks...if all the good guys are gone..including Ferrel. Then I would trade down...but no way NO WAY I want to Michigan Defenders on our Defense...Im am more then good on Winovich. I like Moreland. and more of the positions you chose. Think maybe a DT.

Also dont like the blue text thing you did

4 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

Who is taken before? Cause if Devin White is there. I would rather him then all those extra picks...if all the good guys are gone..including Ferrel. Then I would trade down...but no way NO WAY I want to Michigan Defenders on our Defense...Im am more then good on Winovich. I like Moreland. and more of the positions you chose. Think maybe a DT.

Also dont like the blue text thing you did

Devin white was off the board @8 and bush more than fits the value @14. Hell, id almost take him at 8 as it is right now. I like him better than white who, imo, is jarrad davis 2.0.

As for the text thing, i dunno how it got like that or how to change it.

14 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Of course you biased and think Bush is worth it...looks at your username lmao...I give this a D-

:shrugs:

You can justify "homerism" when the guy is just that good a player.

19 hours ago, Miblue said:

Round 1 Pick 14 (ATL): Devin Bush, OLB/ILB, Michigan (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan (B+)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ATL): Juan Thornhill, SS, Virginia (B+)
Round 3 Pick 15 (ATL): Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St. (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Nate Davis, OG, Charlotte (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 11: Darius Slayton, WR, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: LJ Scott, RB, Michigan St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Landis Durham, DE, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Jimmy Moreland, CB, James Madison (A+)

The way that I see it, team needs are: RG, CB2, TE (1/2), EDGE, WLB, WR3, RB2

Our biggest investment is in Stafford, who I believe is a franchise guy. We ended last year with an abysmal offense and a top 10 defense. I have no issues in adding talent to the defense and making it elite but we also have significant holes to address. We have nobody at RG other than some depth guys. I do think that we should be looking at a day 1 starting RG in rounds 1-3, especially if OL starts to go early.

Bush: Where are you playing him and what are you doing with Davis?

Winovich: I really like him and think this is good value here. He'll play better than he's given credit for.

Thornhill: Where are you playing him? We have Diggs and Walker penciled in as starters. If you're taking a guy this early then he either has to get on the field early or you're looking to replace a current starter. They just drafted Walker and extended Diggs. I'm assuming that a solid OL would be sitting here who would address a bigger need.

Amani: I like this pick. He could develop into the CB2 opposite of Slay we need but we also have guys who can be plugged in early

Hardman: It's a good pick but a bit of a luxury until OL is addressed

Your telling us saftey is a bad idea bc we have walker and diggs... you and idog must have a ton of faith from the limited time walker played witch isn't a whole lot.. diggs flies around like a missile has gotten injured every year it seems

It's the same ground hog **** every draft...

Instead of building a strong unit more worry about filling needs with lesser players

What is the strength of this team...

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Your telling us saftey is a bad idea bc we have walker and diggs... you and idog must have a ton of faith from the limited time walker played witch isn't a whole lot.. diggs flies around like a missile has gotten injured every year it seems

It's the same ground hog **** every draft...

Instead of building a strong unit more worry about filling needs with lesser players

What is the strength of this team...

It's becoming the DL - Harrison, Robinson and Hand were already some of the highest rated DL last year, especially against the run. Throw in a guy that is actually going to be playing more than 4 games and get more than 11 tackles (Flowers). Tack on the contributions of Okawara and you have the makings of a very stout line. We could afford to add another two guys - 1 early (opposite of Flowers), 1 late (develop to replace Robinson and/or Harrison)

Then we have the secondary - a Pro Bowl CB in Slay, Diggs, Walker rated highly last year (in limited role), Wilson is still there as a back up, added Coleman at Slot. We do need a CB2 and could add another guy as a developmental prospect. Otherwise it seems like a good group with potential.

To your point, players get injured all of the time. Quinn has tried to not just build up the 1st line talent but also increase the quality of the depth players. That does take time and it is happening slowly. Getting guys like Walker and Hand to contribute as mid-round picks with starting potential is a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It's becoming the DL - Harrison, Robinson and Hand were already some of the highest rated DL last year, especially against the run. Throw in a guy that is actually going to be playing more than 4 games and get more than 11 tackles (Flowers). Tack on the contributions of Okawara and you have the makings of a very stout line. We could afford to add another two guys - 1 early (opposite of Flowers), 1 late (develop to replace Robinson and/or Harrison)

Then we have the secondary - a Pro Bowl CB in Slay, Diggs, Walker rated highly last year (in limited role), Wilson is still there as a back up, added Coleman at Slot. We do need a CB2 and could add another guy as a developmental prospect. Otherwise it seems like a good group with potential.

To your point, players get injured all of the time. Quinn has tried to not just build up the 1st line talent but also increase the quality of the depth players. That does take time and it is happening slowly. Getting guys like Walker and Hand to contribute as mid-round picks with starting potential is a big deal.

Idk this line of thinking isn't working very well

Sure you can fill every hole but I'd rather the better player reguardless of postion

Draft isn't for filling every need jmo

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

Idk this line of thinking isn't working very well

Sure you can fill every hole but I'd rather the better player reguardless of postion

Draft isn't for filling every need jmo

For sure. But your tiebreaker will be for a player at a position of need. They'll have guys in different tiers. There is also the factor about the quality of the players at the position throughout the draft. If you're looking at a 2nd round WR but expect to be able to get a similarly graded player in rounds 3-4 while the OG class is thin and have a greater need.. you'll take the OG if they're close. We also have to factor in whether a coach (for right or for wrong) wants to rely on the players or the scheme. Some coaches feel that the scheme (and their coaching) will make up for lack of talent in a player. That they can plug and play guys in and the scheme makes up for the deficiencies.

If we go with that scenario - we have a huge hole at RG in need of a starting guy. We have Golladay and Jones who are both very capable guys. If N'Keal Harry or AJ Brown are sitting there in the 2nd (both 1- high 2nd round guys), they'd be hard to pass up. If the top end guys aren't sitting there but one of the better OG prospects is and ranked slightly lower than the next crop of wideouts then you fill the need.

Miles Sanders, David Montgomery and/or Josh Jacobs are all likely to be sitting there when we pick in the 2nd. They could easily be BPA. We could use a RB to add to the rotation. I guarantee there would be several tv's broken if we took one of those guys in rd 2.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

For sure. But your tiebreaker will be for a player at a position of need. They'll have guys in different tiers. There is also the factor about the quality of the players at the position throughout the draft. If you're looking at a 2nd round WR but expect to be able to get a similarly graded player in rounds 3-4 while the OG class is thin and have a greater need.. you'll take the OG if they're close. We also have to factor in whether a coach (for right or for wrong) wants to rely on the players or the scheme. Some coaches feel that the scheme (and their coaching) will make up for lack of talent in a player. That they can plug and play guys in and the scheme makes up for the deficiencies.

If we go with that scenario - we have a huge hole at RG in need of a starting guy. We have Golladay and Jones who are both very capable guys. If N'Keal Harry or AJ Brown are sitting there in the 2nd (both 1- high 2nd round guys), they'd be hard to pass up. If the top end guys aren't sitting there but one of the better OG prospects is and ranked slightly lower than the next crop of wideouts then you fill the need.

Miles Sanders, David Montgomery and/or Josh Jacobs are all likely to be sitting there when we pick in the 2nd. They could easily be BPA. We could use a RB to add to the rotation. I guarantee there would be several tv's broken if we took one of those guys in rd 2.

Man you really don't factor in injuries 

We have 2 wrs and Jones coming off an injury and kg has no regard for his body I call wr a need...

Our second rd pick has been garbage over the years bc of "need" 

Just now, Rockcity2 said:

Man you really don't factor in injuries 

We have 2 wrs and Jones coming off an injury and kg has no regard for his body I call wr a need...

Our second rd pick has been garbage over the years bc of "need" 

I do - I expect that we'll be taking 2 WR's in the draft. I'm just using that as an example.

Outside of Tabor, we've done pretty well with our 2nd rounders - Kerryon (2018); Robinson (2017). We've also been successful with our 3rd rounders - Walker, Golladay and Glasgow.

Archived