My Annual Forum by Forum Mock

15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Sweat

id probably trade back though!!! Love Sweat!!!! But I think we could get a future 1st trading back here if not pick sweat

There has to be someone willing to trade up, and that usually means a swap of firsts and us picking up a 3rd or 4th. If Drew Lock is there at 15, there is no value for him to garner a future 1st. 

I wish the Rosen stuff would go on and sort itself out, so I could focus on the wrs and pass rushers a little more in the first round. Sucks not having a clue which direction they're going to go. Its literally all over the place for me

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Sweat is a better prospect than Lock.

Hard to say, but Sweat is a perfect example of a good combine. Before that he was looked at as a bottom half of the first round pick. He was either projected to us or a little later. The dude is an athletic freak though. Personally I'd rather have Lock over Sweat. I think he is going to be a fun QB to watch 

Just going to throw this out there for debate: Clelin Ferrell instead of Sweat? If people think that Sweat jumped up due to a great Combine, why not the other option?

I like either guy more than Lock.

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Sweat is a better prospect than Lock.

He is Knight and I’ll never doubt your pass rushing words because your a beast at scouting edge guys and I like sweat!!! But we are known for need drafting hense lack of fielding talented teams

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

Just going to throw this out there for debate: Clelin Ferrell instead of Sweat? If people think that Sweat jumped up due to a great Combine, why not the other option?

I like either guy more than Lock.

I do like Ferrell!!!!! I think he’s actually a better player then Sweat!!! I actually thought he was taken maybe that was the other one I’ve been bouncing back and forth on the forums and sites while grading my interior OL this week against my end of season notes lol

If you guys want Sweat or Ferrell or whomever, than you better be praying we trade for Josh Rosen.

Because under no circumstances, should we be taking any other position other than QB in the first Rd if Lock & or Haskins is on the board @15.

Unless we've already traded for Josh Rosen or neither Lock & Haskins are available @15.

Passing on a franchise QB @15 if sitting there when there is a huge need is not only stupid, but should probably be a crime.

And it's kicking the can down the road.

I can see it now...we take Sweat or Ferrill @15.

Brett Rypien gets plucked from our practice squad, like our last developmental QB.

We finish 8-8 in 2019.

Trade up for Tua & dish out 3 first Rd draft picks + to get him & he busts or gets hurt setting us back another decade.

Yeah, I've read this book before.

If Lock or Haskins are both sitting there @15, the toughest decision I'm making is which ones heads & which one is tails 

44 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If you guys want Sweat or Ferrell or whomever, than you better be praying we trade for Josh Rosen.

Landing Rosen would be nice, but I'd take both regardless of whether we acquired Rosen.  

45 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Because under no circumstances, should we be taking any other position other than QB in the first Rd if Lock & or Haskins is on the board @15.

Unless we've already traded for Josh Rosen or neither Lock & Haskins are available @15.

I don't agree.  I think this is a very weak class of QBs and a very strong class for defensive pass rushers.  Forcing a pick for need would be foolish, especially when you're talking about two of the most important positions in football.  

46 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

And it's kicking the can down the road.

Which is better than reaching for a QB.  That is just a panic move.  

47 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I can see it now...we take Sweat or Ferrill @15.

Brett Rypien gets plucked from our practice squad, like our last developmental QB.

We finish 8-8 in 2019.

What would be wrong with that?  We'd be building an epic defense and preparing for the future.  You need to realize we aren't going to be competing for a Super Bowl this season no matter what happens in this draft class.  

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Landing Rosen would be nice, but I'd take both regardless of whether we acquired Rosen.  

I don't agree.  I think this is a very weak class of QBs and a very strong class for defensive pass rushers.  Forcing a pick for need would be foolish, especially when you're talking about two of the most important positions in football.  

Which is better than reaching for a QB.  That is just a panic move.  

What would be wrong with that?  We'd be building an epic defense and preparing for the future.  You need to realize we aren't going to be competing for a Super Bowl this season no matter what happens in this draft class.  

Mknight, I hear & understand what your saying.

But Jay himself has said we are in win now mode.

The NFL changes from year to year.

And how do you know, we won't be competing for a SB next year.

We were 6-3 when Alex got injured.

If he doesn't get hurt we probably win the Division or at worst, get a WC.

Maybe we are playing the Patriots instead of the Rams in the SB?

And how do we know that Sweat, Ferrill or any defensive player we take will make any impact at all?

They're just as much of a risk as any QB we might take.

Archived