First-Pick Mock with Tradeback (Washington)

Karnage84

Washington traded up for Dwayne Haskins. I doubt White falls this far but he was there. The rest of the draft is semi-realistic IMO.

Round 1 Pick 15 (WASH): Devin White, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss. State (A)
Round 2 Pick 14 (WASH): Justin Layne, CB, Michigan St. (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12 (WASH): Connor McGovern, C/OG, Penn St. (A-)
Round 3 Pick 24: Foster Moreau, TE, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Tony Pollard, WR/RB, Memphis (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Lukas Denis, FS, Boston College (A+)

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

If Simmons is there in the 2nd and they pass on him I'm gonna be pissed

With Robinson likely on his way out but still on the roster, they'd have the time to let him heal and come back healthy if he is going to lose his rookie year. If they only have the one 2nd, then I don't know if we could afford to take him. The trade down does give us the flexibility to do a draft-and-stash with a guy of his caliber.

My only concern is that it's a short list of guys that lose their rookie season and wind up being successful. If they're confident he can come back, that will be a steal.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

With Robinson likely on his way out but still on the roster, they'd have the time to let him heal and come back healthy if he is going to lose his rookie year. If they only have the one 2nd, then I don't know if we could afford to take him. The trade down does give us the flexibility to do a draft-and-stash with a guy of his caliber.

My only concern is that it's a short list of guys that lose their rookie season and wind up being successful. If they're confident he can come back, that will be a steal.

Do you know how many guys in this draft have previous injuries in this draft? 

If jaylon Smith can come back from that injury I have a lot of faith in Simmons personally 

I feel most of atleast the media feel the same way bc they continue to put him in rd one

Just now, Rockcity2 said:

Do you know how many guys in this draft have previous injuries in this draft? 

If jaylon Smith can come back from that injury I have a lot of faith in Simmons personally 

I feel most of atleast the media feel the same way bc they continue to put him in rd one

It depends on the severity of the injury. The MTS guys were talking about him specifically and said that their main concern was how we would fare coming back after missing his rookie year. There was like two guys (J. Smith being one of them) that came back and were successful. Everyone one else was a moderate to below level contributor.

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It depends on the severity of the injury. The MTS guys were talking about him specifically and said that their main concern was how we would fare coming back after missing his rookie year. There was like two guys (J. Smith being one of them) that came back and were successful. Everyone one else was a moderate to below level contributor.

Not seeing on how missing one season on the field is a death sentence... most rookies don't...

Edited by Rockcity2

Just now, Rockcity2 said:

Not seeing on how missing one season on the field is a death sentence... most rookies don't...

They were discussing what is missed when you're recovering from an injury and unable to really be a part of the team in your rookie season. I'd have to go back and look at the list but they were talking about there was only a very short list that were successful.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

They were discussing what is missed when you're recovering from an injury and unable to really be a part of the team in your rookie season. I'd have to go back and look at the list but they were talking about there was only a very short list that were successful.

Gotta see what your talking about bc no ones coming to mind for me

I feel this way about a lot of prospects tho... it's like I will be equally pissed if we were to pass on Dexter Lawrence just bc we have snacks..just another example 

3 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Gotta see what your talking about bc no ones coming to mind for me

I feel this way about a lot of prospects tho... it's like I will be equally pissed if we were to pass on Dexter Lawrence just bc we have snacks..just another example 

Move the Sticks Podcast: Pro Day Recaps, Christian Wilkins vs Ed Oliver, NFL Rookie Redshirts (min. 22:30).

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

Who? All of them heh

You tell me which one from that list that was actually good 

All I heard was 4th rd 5th rd guys and the others had multiple injuries through out college 

Everyone else on the list fell in between 2nd and 4th round. They aren't top 10 guys like Simmons but they aren't slouches either.

Jaylon Smith (hit)

Latavius Street

Jake Butt

Sidney Jones (2nd round but was pegged to be CB1 for a while before injury)

Cedric Obugehi

Ifo Ekpre-Olamu (7th round)

Aaron Colvin

Brandon Thomas

Marcus Lattimore

Tank Carradine

William Jackson (1st round)

Dante Fowler (1st round)

Kevin White (1st round)

DJ Humphries (1st round)

Denzel Perryman (1st round)

Jonathan Cooper (1st round)

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Everyone else on the list fell in between 2nd and 4th round. They aren't top 10 guys like Simmons but they aren't slouches either.

Jaylon Smith (hit)

Latavius Street

Jake Butt

Sidney Jones (2nd round but was pegged to be CB1 for a while before injury)

Cedric Obugehi

Ifo Ekpre-Olamu (7th round)

Aaron Colvin

Brandon Thomas

Marcus Lattimore

Tank Carradine

William Jackson (1st round)

Dante Fowler (1st round)

Kevin White (1st round)

DJ Humphries (1st round)

Denzel Perryman (1st round)

Jonathan Cooper (1st round)

Yup liked none of them personally 

Idk why someone would draft a corner in rd 2 with an Achilles injury.... 

Still looks like half your list are playing yes?

They just not good or you saying bc of injury their not good now?

Edited by Rockcity2

18 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Yup liked none of them personally 

Idk why someone would draft a corner in rd 2 with an Achilles injury.... 

Still looks like half your list are playing yes?

You're not looking for a guy that is "just playing" with a 2nd round pick. You're looking for a guy that can be an immediate impact guy and develop into a premier starter.

I'm with you - I think if Simmons is there and we have the ammunition, make the move and see what comes of it. If he isn't taken in the 1st then teams are concerned about him being the player he was pre-injury and missing out on a guy that can contribute year 1.