First-Pick Mock with Tradeback (Washington)

Karnage84

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

You're not looking for a guy that is "just playing" with a 2nd round pick. You're looking for a guy that can be an immediate impact guy and develop into a premier starter.

I'm with you - I think if Simmons is there and we have the ammunition, make the move and see what comes of it. If he isn't taken in the 1st then teams are concerned about him being the player he was pre-injury and missing out on a guy that can contribute year 1.

Gotta figure tho a lot of teams will have him off their board bc of the off field stuff.. it won't be just bc of injury if he falls

2 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Gotta figure tho a lot of teams will have him off their board bc of the off field stuff.. it won't be just bc of injury if he falls

That was back in HS and he was defending his sister. It's not nothing but it's also not something that I would be concerned about now. It was a bad decision by a young kid that shouldn't have happened. I don't think it's in the same territory as 20 year old beating up his girlfriend.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

That was back in HS and he was defending his sister. It's not nothing but it's also not something that I would be concerned about now. It was a bad decision by a young kid that shouldn't have happened. I don't think it's in the same territory as 20 year old beating up his girlfriend.

Me either but some teams just wont

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

Me either but some teams just wont

You're probably right. I'd say the injury is a significantly bigger factor than that but you're probably not wrong that a couple teams might not even entertain it with the background.

I just did one of these.  I remember how bad some of the moves are on here.  I was going to trade up a couple spots to get Josh Allen but instead the raiders gave up two firsts and a second to move up and get Hockenson.  So I sat tight and still got Josh Allen.  I would have preferred some O line earlier but I still like how it came out.  Added a few D lineman late hoping someone sticks.  Same with CB.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27 (IND): Irv Smith Jr, TE, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (NYJ): Juan Thornhill, SS, Virginia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Miles Sanders, RB, Penn St. (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (NYJ): Andy Isabella, WR, Massachusetts (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Mike Edwards, FS/CB, Kentucky (A)
Round 6 Pick 11: Greg Gaines, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Iman Marshall, CB, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Ed Alexander, DT, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls (A+) 

I did one too. Guess First-Pick likes Josh Allen to fall a few spots. I don't see it, but stranger things have happened I guess. I'd take it, that's for sure.

Round 2 Pick 11: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss. State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (IND): David Long, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (IND): Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Mike Weber, RB, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Javon Patterson, OG, Ole Miss (A)
Round 6 Pick 31: Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan (A)
Round 7 Pick 15: Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock (A+)

Edit: I've done about 20 drafts with first pick and Josh Allen fell to 8 in every single one. In one of them I traded down to 15 and still got him there. Kind of a fatal flaw in their system if you ask me 

Edited by Superduperman

15 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I did one too. Guess First-Pick likes Josh Allen to fall a few spots. I don't see it, but stranger things have happened I guess. I'd take it, that's for sure.

Round 2 Pick 11: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss. State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (IND): David Long, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (IND): Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Mike Weber, RB, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Javon Patterson, OG, Ole Miss (A)
Round 6 Pick 31: Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan (A)
Round 7 Pick 15: Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock (A+)

Edit: I've done about 20 drafts with first pick and Josh Allen fell to 8 in every single one. In one of them I traded down to 15 and still got him there. Kind of a fatal flaw in their system if you ask me 

What is interesting in this to me is that Chris Simms was speaking on his podcast about how he doesn't feel Allen will translate his sacks to the NFL. I've also heard rumblings about the media propping Haskins up and that it wouldn't be a surprise to see him drop. Whether this is accurate or if a team in need of a QB like the Giants is trying to throw out a smokescreen to make him drop is hard to say. We'll see how it shakes out in a couple weeks. However, I'd have to expect that: Murray, Bosa, Q. Williams, E. Oliver, D. White are strong candidates to be picked in the top 5. Haskins, Lock,  Metcalf, OL (whether Williams or Taylor) and Sweat are all guys that could be taken at picks 6 and 7 or earlier easily.

Allen could be a guy that the media have hyped up who takes an unexpected tumble but isn't adored by scouts.

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

What is interesting in this to me is that Chris Simms was speaking on his podcast about how he doesn't feel Allen will translate his sacks to the NFL. I've also heard rumblings about the media propping Haskins up and that it wouldn't be a surprise to see him drop. Whether this is accurate or if a team in need of a QB like the Giants is trying to throw out a smokescreen to make him drop is hard to say. We'll see how it shakes out in a couple weeks. However, I'd have to expect that: Murray, Bosa, Q. Williams, E. Oliver, D. White are strong candidates to be picked in the top 5. Haskins, Lock,  Metcalf, OL (whether Williams or Taylor) and Sweat are all guys that could be taken at picks 6 and 7 or earlier easily.

Allen could be a guy that the media have hyped up who takes an unexpected tumble but isn't adored by scouts.

Dude.

He runs a 4.63 at 6'5", 262. Last year in the SEC he had 88 tackles, 21.5 for loss, 17 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. He was the SEC DPOY last year... playing for Kentucky. I don't care what the scouts say, Chris Simms even less so

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Dude.

He runs a 4.63 at 6'5", 262. Last year in the SEC he had 88 tackles, 21.5 for loss, 17 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. He was the SEC DPOY last year... playing for Kentucky. I don't care what the scouts say, Chris Simms even less so

Where a guy goes in the draft doesn't guarantee what they'll do in the league. I hear you 100% - all of that says that this guy should be a top 5 pick at minimum. However, there are always guys that slip for different reasons and there are guys that get propped up by the media who wind up going where they should. Sometimes there are guys that fall despite the love of draftniks (Grady Jarrett is a great example) who have very highly productive careers that somehow the guys who get paid miss on. 

If there are NFL teams that have a similar point of view as Simms (who was employed by the Patriots to scout and evaluate players for a period of time), there could be concerns about him translating and forcing him to drop a bit. It doesn't help him that Q. Williams, N. Bosa and E. Oliver all look to be studs and impact players for a long time. It'll be interesting to see it shake out. 

22 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Dude.

To play devils advocate he was playing with a vet secondary and a good portion of them sack came against some lower end teams

6 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

To play devils advocate he was playing with a vet secondary and a good portion of them sack came against some lower end teams

31 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Dude.

**Tackles(Solo/Assist)

2018 STATS - the w/l is from the box score... should've noticed something was off... either way, you get the idea. 

Penn State (9-4) - 4 Tackles, 3 Sacks

Louisville (2-10) - 4 Tackles, 1 Sack

Middle Tennessee (7-4)- 15 Tackles (8/7), 2 Sacks

Tennessee (5-5) - 6 Tackles (4/2), 1 Sack

Georgia (8-1) - 3 Tackles (1/2), 0 Sacks

Mizzou (4-4)- 11 Tackles (9/2), 2 Sacks, 2 FF

Vanderbilt (3-5) - 8 Tackles (5/3), 2 Sacks, 1 FF

Texas A&M (4-2)- 4 Tackles, 0 Sacks

So. Carolina (2-2) - 8 Tackles (6/2), 3 Sacks, 1 FF

Miss. St (3-1) - 6 Tackles (3/3), 1 Sack

Murray State (0-3)- 4 Tackles (1/3), 0 Sack

Florida - 5 Tackles (1/4), 1 Sack, 1 FF

Central Michigan - 10 Tackles (6/4), 1 Sack

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

**Tackles(Solo/Assist)

2018 STATS - the w/l is from the box score... should've noticed something was off... either way, you get the idea. 

Penn State (9-4) - 4 Tackles, 3 Sacks

Louisville (2-10) - 4 Tackles, 1 Sack

Middle Tennessee (7-4)- 15 Tackles (8/7), 2 Sacks

Tennessee (5-5) - 6 Tackles (4/2), 1 Sack

Georgia (8-1) - 3 Tackles (1/2), 0 Sacks

Mizzou (4-4)- 11 Tackles (9/2), 2 Sacks, 2 FF

Vanderbilt (3-5) - 8 Tackles (5/3), 2 Sacks, 1 FF

Texas A&M (4-2)- 4 Tackles, 0 Sacks

So. Carolina (2-2) - 8 Tackles (6/2), 3 Sacks, 1 FF

Miss. St (3-1) - 6 Tackles (3/3), 1 Sack

Murray State (0-3)- 4 Tackles (1/3), 0 Sack

Florida - 5 Tackles (1/4), 1 Sack, 1 FF

Central Michigan - 10 Tackles (6/4), 1 Sack

That Georgia game tho... 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The Murray State game is more of a question than the Georgia game... 

Same deal with the A&M game. The bold is for teams with a top 32 OT in the draft according to WF rankings

True.

But I swear I saw him get knocked back about 5 yards by a wr on a run play..

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

True.

But I swear I saw him get knocked back about 5 yards by a wr on a run play..

I haven't watched much on him to be honest. I did watch a 6 minute highlight video a little while ago. I just didn't expect him to be a viable option for us and have been spending time on TE's, WR's, CB's, a bit on RB's and starting on S. 

Will have to watch some of those games to see what is up.