First-Pick Mock with Tradeback (Washington)

Karnage84

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I haven't watched much on him to be honest. I did watch a 6 minute highlight video a little while ago. I just didn't expect him to be a viable option for us and have been spending time on TE's, WR's, CB's, a bit on RB's and starting on S. 

Will have to watch some of those games to see what is up. 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I haven't watched much on him to be honest. I did watch a 6 minute highlight video a little while ago. I just didn't expect him to be a viable option for us and have been spending time on TE's, WR's, CB's, a bit on RB's and starting on S. 

Will have to watch some of those games to see what is up. 

Tell me if ya see a top 3 pick...

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

Tell me if ya see a top 3 pick...

Seeing the stat lines helps me in figuring out which games to look at. I'm more interested in the Georgia and A&M games as he didn't show up in the stat line. Curious to see if another guy cleaned up, if he was double/triple teamed, etc. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Seeing the stat lines helps me in figuring out which games to look at. I'm more interested in the Georgia and A&M games as he didn't show up in the stat line. Curious to see if another guy cleaned up, if he was double/triple teamed, etc. 

Watch Georgia tes own him 

13 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Did you get a chance to watch any games of him?? 

2 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Did you get a chance to watch any games of him?? 

I watched the Georgia game. You're not wrong on the TE's - Nauta handled him 1-on-1 for a good chunk. Same with #89. He did get double teamed on a few plays.

He did drop into coverage on about 1/3 of the plays although I don't think I saw a ball thrown his way. He did recover 2 fumbles in that game, so it did count for something.

He is a good player but I'm going to need to work on him some more before deciding if he's #3 overall guy or if he's a bit overhyped.

If the Texas A&M game is similar (with TE's handling him) then it would give me some pause as he's probably more of a speed rusher.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I watched the Georgia game. You're not wrong on the TE's - Nauta handled him 1-on-1 for a good chunk. Same with #89. He did get double teamed on a few plays.

He did drop into coverage on about 1/3 of the plays although I don't think I saw a ball thrown his way. He did recover 2 fumbles in that game, so it did count for something.

He is a good player but I'm going to need to work on him some more before deciding if he's #3 overall guy or if he's a bit overhyped.

If the Texas A&M game is similar (with TE's handling him) then it would give me some pause as he's probably more of a speed rusher.

You wanna see even worse go watch his 2017

Don't remember for sure but I recall the tes making a few catches on him and his zones being poor

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

You wanna see even worse go watch his 2017

Don't remember for sure but I recall the tes making a few catches on him and his zones being poor

Watched the A&M tape. Despite similar box scores it was a different game than the Georgia one. He was dropped into coverage often, had a PBU against Jace Sternberger, nearly had 2 sacks (missed one and was held another). I did see that Sternberger held his own. He's not known for being a blocker - so that's not great. Overall, I did see a really good player.

It did look like he was dogging it a bit on plays away from him. There were a few run plays where he was lined up against the LT and was involved in the backside pursuit. He didn't seem to try and make the effort to come and tackle from behind.

On a side note, really good game from Trayveon Williams. Even Sternberger made some nice plays. It seemed like I was watching a highlight reel of his and not cut up of Josh Allen tape.

2 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Yet Bosa will go top 2 and had....4 sackss....LMAOOOOO....17.5 HIS WHOLE COLLEGE CAREER....Yet this guy is ehh

Jaylon Ferguson is being viewed as a 2nd round pick. Ansah was picked despite light production. There are no perfect prospects but there are things that will translate to the next level - good and bad. A guy that is constantly being double teamed or played out of position (Oliver) won't have the stats to back up the potential. Bosa was injured and then sat out a good chunk of last year to stay healthy for the draft. A guy that is getting matched up with a TE 1-on-1 and isn't consistently winning that match up, especially when said TE isn't known for being a superior blocker (Nauta and Sternberger), it does give cause for concern. I'd have to watch more tape but I didn't see much of a bull rush and he mostly played a speed game. 

11 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

Yet Bosa will go top 2 and had....4 sackss....LMAOOOOO....17.5 HIS WHOLE COLLEGE CAREER....Yet this guy is ehh

Tells me all I need all I need to know about you 

11 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

gotta love a kid who will write off a guy off a play...or even a game....heck even a season

I got ur kid 

Ps that's how it works adult

3 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Tells me all I need all I need to know about you 

I got ur kid 

Ps that's how it works adult

were you medicated during your response? causeeee first one has no substance and i use real stats...you use what? your brilliant thoughts.....and your second response makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

were you medicated during your response? causeeee first one has no substance and i use real stats...you use what? your brilliant thoughts.....and your second response makes no sense.

Which stats are you using? Bosa played in 3 games and had 4 sacks. Scale that up to a 12 game season and you're looking at a 16 sack year playing in the Big Ten.

Allen went from 7 sacks a year and jumped to 17. I watched a PFF video on him and he had mentioned that prior to this year, they didn't have a LB coach (or maybe OLB coach). He credited that as a big reason why his production increased. He also benefited from some help. Kentucky has  at least 5 other guys who are all draftable from that defense - Lonnie Johnson, Mike Edwards,  Derrick Baity, Darius West, Jordan Jones. Bosa has Dre'Mont Jones and Kendall Sheffield in this class.

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Which stats are you using? Bosa played in 3 games and had 4 sacks. Scale that up to a 12 game season and you're looking at a 16 sack year playing in the Big Ten.

Allen went from 7 sacks a year and jumped to 17. I watched a PFF video on him and he had mentioned that prior to this year, they didn't have a LB coach (or maybe OLB coach). He credited that as a big reason why his production increased. He also benefited from some help. Kentucky has  at least 5 other guys who are all draftable from that defense - Lonnie Johnson, Mike Edwards,  Derrick Baity, Darius West, Jordan Jones. Bosa has Dre'Mont Jones and Kendall Sheffield in this class.

Bosa plays for OSU nuff said....and his brother is looking to be a stud. Idk. I personally think if a smaller school can go top 5 before the draft.. I want that guy vs a guy with a name and a big school....but to me this has to be one of the worst draft classes I have seen in a while. 

Archived