First-Pick Mock with Tradeback (Washington)

Karnage84

2 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Bosa plays for OSU nuff said....and his brother is looking to be a stud. Idk. I personally think if a smaller school can go top 5 before the draft.. I want that guy vs a guy with a name and a big school....but to me this has to be one of the worst draft classes I have seen in a while. 

What they do say is that Bosa is a more finished product with a very high floor but a much lower ceiling than a guy like Allen. It's an easier projection with his family ties to high producing NFL guys. The mental side is a big part of the equation and Bosa has been groomed to do this from a young age from his father and he's exposed to the current NFL from his brother. You're getting a guy that should be an instant impact starter and high end NFL player immediately.

Both guys are going to be good players. Allen is just a bit more of a projection. He looks like he could actually put on some weight and bulk up to 270 - 275.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, Rockcity2 said:

If Simmons is there in the 2nd and they pass on him I'm gonna be pissed

Be prepared. There is NOWAY the Lions take that guy with his past assault! NOWAY what so ever and I wouldnt want him on the team either. 

1 hour ago, BZski said:

Be prepared. There is NOWAY the Lions take that guy with his past assault! NOWAY what so ever and I wouldnt want him on the team either. 

No worries the lions never do a thing I want them to do anyway....

I take a shot with a second 

14 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

No worries the lions never do a thing I want them to do anyway....

I take a shot with a second 

LOL sometimes I feel the same way so maybe they will take him in rd 2? This will be a really fun draft IMO. I have to prepare myself for being slightly disappointed but I have learned to trust BQ and his drafting. I will call myself out as I did not like the Decker or Ragnow picks at first, JD was blah, same with Teez, I HATED the Kenny G and Tracey Walker picks in rd 3 as I thought they were massive reaches. I thought we drastically overpaid Flowers but I have been more wrong than right with BQ in charge so I am optimistic.

3 hours ago, BZski said:

LOL sometimes I feel the same way so maybe they will take him in rd 2? This will be a really fun draft IMO. I have to prepare myself for being slightly disappointed but I have learned to trust BQ and his drafting. I will call myself out as I did not like the Decker or Ragnow picks at first, JD was blah, same with Teez, I HATED the Kenny G and Tracey Walker picks in rd 3 as I thought they were massive reaches. I thought we drastically overpaid Flowers but I have been more wrong than right with BQ in charge so I am optimistic.

It should be fun but the way bq plays his first rd picks I'm worried there

I think he likes to play things to safe with high floor no ceiling types but well see how he plays this pick

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, BZski said:

It was in high school and it wasn't domestic violence, sexual assault, etc. The guy has been given leadership awards over the last few years with zero issues in college. It was a bad move - 100%. I just don't see it being a true reflection of the kid and what we could expect from him as a pro representing the Lions. The injury, however, is going to knock him down. We need instant impact players, so I don't see us taking him in the 1st round. Maybe in the 2nd (assuming we have an extra pick).

8 hours ago, BZski said:

Decker: Liked the move and figured it was for the best

Ragnow: Had no idea but trusted he was the guy (that is still TBD - might be a better OC)

Teez: I figured that we got a steal and he saw something in him where he'd be a guy that outplayed his measurables (hasn't happened yet)

Kenny: I was really shaking my head initially but figured (and heard after) there were teams who were interested in him that picked after us. Figured we grabbed him a bit early but obviously wanted him

Walker: After seeing what happened with Kenny, just figured he saw something special and got his guy

Flowers: This was a signing that we could all see a mile away. I pretty much called the contract - you gotta pay a guy to step away from a team that has consistently won championships and he was near the top of the board (if not the top) at a premier position. I think we paid exactly what the market rate was and we'll get our value out of it. It'd be nice to get his production at a 4th rounder salary but it is what it is. Outside of injury, I don't see a way that he busts.

Just for yuks I did a First Pick where I did several trades down, I think 5 in total

Round 1 Pick 18 (MINN): Brian Burns, DE, Florida St. (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 12 (G.B.): Erik McCoy, OG/C, Texas A&M (A)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ATL): Damien Harris, RB, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 20 (PITT): Nasir Adderley, CB/FS, Delaware (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (PITT): Mack Wilson, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 19 (PITT): Andy Isabella, WR, Massachusetts (A)
Round 3 Pick 30 (LAR): Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (B+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo (A)
Round 4 Pick 31 (LAR): Paul Adams, OT, Missouri (B)
Round 5 Pick 8: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia (A-)
Round 5 Pick 31 (LAR): Khalil Hodge, OLB/ILB, Buffalo (A-)
Round 6 Pick 11: Dontavius Russell, DT, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Terry Godwin, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Xavier Crawford, CB, C. Michigan (A)

Archived