Kizer in 2018

brooks1957

I agree with Raymond. Kizer is going through the same crap Jason Campbell went through at Auburn back in the day where he had to learn a new offense every single year, then went to the pro's and had the same experience. I worry Kizer will fall into the same category and his career will never take off because of his environment.

I don't know exactly how much I dislike Kizer, but I do know that I don't care for him at all.

I thought he was piss poor trade comp for Randall, despite the swapping of picks.

And that probably blurs my view of him.  On the field, he looks the part, but doesn't play the part.  Like he's thinking too much.

I don't know if he is better than Hundley, or just the same as Hundley with a higher ceiling.

But I don't much care for him and hope someone beats him out at QB#2 this year.

39 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I agree with @Dubz41.  

My expectations have been lowered significantly.  He isn't as bad as the last Browns QB we tried to salvage, Tim Couch.  I think Hundley is better than Kizer.

Are you part timing on the White House staff?!? Nice spin.

Honestly, I get people love his athletic profile (I'll admit it is impressive), but he literately hasn't shown anything as a QB and I have no expectations for him;

2016- Was benched several times in college. He was a decent QB, not special.

2017- Lead an 0-16 team

2018- in about 5 quarters, lead the team to 0 points.

He's now in offense 4 in 4 years. Players like him don't pan out. I honestly think it would be good for his career if he got cut and spent 3 years in the CFL to have some consistency and develop.

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know exactly how much I dislike Kizer, but I do know that I don't care for him at all.

I thought he was piss poor trade comp for Randall, despite the swapping of picks.

And that probably blurs my view of him.  On the field, he looks the part, but doesn't play the part.  Like he's thinking too much.

I don't know if he is better than Hundley, or just the same as Hundley with a higher ceiling.

I audibly said "what the f***" when I saw Kizer was the compensation for actually good player Damarious Randall.

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Hey, it is distinctly possible that Kizer is worse than Hundley.

He couldn't even beat out Brett Hundley for the backup QB job in the preseason. (Some here said that management was playing Hundley ahead of Kizer just so they could use Hundley as trade bait, but I never believed that for a second.) And when Kizer did play, he was horrible. He doesn't seem to have that confidence that you look for in a QB. Hundley at least showed flashes of that at times, when things got really desperate. But Kizer was just flatlining out there. I would rather not even see him competing for the backup job this year. The trade for Randall never made any sense to me: trading away a starter for a backup, and a bad one at that. 

Archived