Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
grizmo78

Grizmo's 2019 Mock Draft

Recommended Posts

Here are my mock drafts for this year, one (A) assuming we stay put and another (B) with trades. 

 

Mock Draft A

 

Round 1 #10:  Ed Oliver (DL)

Ed Oliver played all across the Houston defensive line. That is a feature Fangio has mentioned he expects of all of his D-lineman. With all of our D-line starters up for free agency after this year, Oliver would project to secure one slot and bring back an interior pass rush we have missed since Malik Jackson. Added, he's great against the run. I would love to see what Kollar can do with a talent like Oliver and see if he can coach him up to be our Aaron Donald.

 

Round 2  #41:  N'Keal Harry (WR)

Harry isn't sudden. He's not incredibly agile. He's not an Emmanuel Sanders type of player. But he does have sneaky long speed and great hands similar to Deandre Hopkins. Sutton and Harry would form a tough combination. We would still need a quick route runner for the slot, but his passion and feistiness would elevate our offenses intensity.

 

Round 3  #71:  Chuma Edoga (OT)

As a former 5* recruit, he is athletic and smooth and can be nasty as well. What has him falling is his height (6'3) and that he doesn't show high effort throughout the entirety of the play, being content with initial wins vs his opponent. He is hit or miss in looking for work besides his initial counterpart. If he can have a fire lit under him, he can be a steal though as he is exactly the kind of swing tackle to develop with potential to become a starter.

 

Round 4  #125:  Justin Hollins (OLB)

Following FA, we have Miller, Chubb and a player who flashed but was also on the Practice Squad basically all year in Holland. With Ray and Barrett gone, we need another edge player to help keep our all star OLB's fresh. Hollins has speed (4.5 40 time) and size (6'5 248lbs) to try to develop into an impact player.  

 

Round 5  #148:  Kahale Warring (TE)

Solid all around player with surprising acceleration and really good blocking skills. He looks pretty good and I'm surprised he's not being talked about a little more but that helps this mock out as he falls to us.

 

Round 5  #156:  Terez Hall (ILB)

Hall reminds me of a poor mans Deion Jones as he is undersized, aggressive and powerful. Where he falls short is his instincts aren't quite where you want them as he doesn't work his way down the line and show some patience, rather shooting the first hole he can. This leads to openings in the running game. Hall has the makings of a great special teams player at the very least with upside to be a solid role player with Reggie Herring's tutelage.  

 

Round 6  #182: Albert Huggins (DL)

Played well in the championship game. Worth a flier to see if he is a good player just stuck behind a couple of 1st rounders. 

 

Round 7  #237: Jimmy Moreland (CB)

Very undersized at 5' 10 175lbs but had elite production and played well in the all star games.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mock Draft B

 

Trade: #10 (Dwayne Haskins) to the NYG for #17, #95, 2020 second round pick

After selecting Devin White at pick #6, the Giants trade up for Dwayne Haskins. Not only do we get an additional mid round pick this year but we gain some ammunition next year should we decide to pursue a QB in the 2020 draft.  

 

Round 1 #17:  Cody Ford (OG/OT)

Ford imo is underrated and i'm not sure why besides maybe his height? He is powerful, nasty, and finishes blocks as he shows high effort. Although he is 330lbs he is sneaky athletic for that size. While he might fit at tackle in a power scheme, he likely would not have the necessary athleticism there in a zone scheme. With McGovern shifting to center this year, we have a need at guard and Ford is up there with the best of them. (I'd argue second best IOL prospect in the past two years after Nelson). The two main ways to aid our QB's is with a stellar line and defense. 

 

Round 2  #41:  Jeffery Simmons (DL)

Getting that future second implies we are future focused for our team. We have a solid group of D-line starters this year but next year is a different story. Simmons should be healthy by next year and projected to be a Fletcher Cox type player pre-injury. Barring a crazy run, we likely aren't Superbowl contenders this year so taking a potential pro-bowler at a needed position is a no brainer. 

 

Trade: Broncos give: Rnd 3 #71 and Rnd 4 #125 

New Orleans give: Round 2 #62

Why would NO trade? They don't have a 1st or 3rd or 4th round pick and could use an extra pick in the middle rounds.

 

Round 2 #62:  Julian Love (CB)

Julian Love's getting his hands on balls. 16 PBU this past year and 20 PBU's the year before. He's a good tackler and plays with passion. Every corner this year has flaws and Julian does as well as he does not possess top end speed but he has the instincts to put himself is solid position. 

 

Round 3  #95:  Parris Campbell (WR)

Campbell is a world class athlete but he is 100% a project as the majority of his catches were on crossers or screens. He reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson in the ways he has succeeded thus far. He's a two time captain though so that gives me faith that he is willing to work to continue to improve his route running and become more than a gadget player. Ideally he would be available in the 4th but I highly doubt it due to his athleticism which is special enough to take a chance on now. 

 

Round 5  #148: Kahale Warring (TE)

Solid all around player with surprising acceleration and really good blocking skills. He looks pretty good and I'm surprised he's not being talked about a little more but that helps this mock out as he falls to us.

 

Round 5  #156:  Terez Hall (ILB)

Hall reminds me of a poor mans Deion Jones as he is undersized, aggressive and powerful. Where he falls short is his instincts aren't quite where you want them as he doesn't work his way down the line and show some patience, rather shooting the first hole he can. This leads to openings in the running game. Hall has the makings of a great special teams player at the very least with upside to be a solid role player with Reggie Herring's tutelage.  

 

Round 6 #182: Cody Thompson (WR)

Thompson isn't the fastest or most agile receiver as he plays similar to Chris Hogan or Adam Theilen. He does have a high IQ and is all around solid with athleticism as his biggest weakness.

 

Round 7  #237: Jimmy Moreland (CB)

Very undersized at 5' 10 175lbs but had elite production and played well in the all star games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the two, I like choice B. Gets us a starting O-Lineman, a potential superstar in Simmons (next year in Fangio's system WOW), a TE with potential, but I'm not crazy about a CB in the 2nd unless you're prepping for a CHJ trade.  The 2020 2nd will help us get our QBOTF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Out of the two, I like choice B. Gets us a starting O-Lineman, a potential superstar in Simmons (next year in Fangio's system WOW), a TE with potential, but I'm not crazy about a CB in the 2nd unless you're prepping for a CHJ trade.  The 2020 2nd will help us get our QBOTF

I'm no fan of Ford. He's this years fat kid. Mentioning him in the same category as Nelson is just wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I'm no fan of Ford. He's this years fat kid. Mentioning him in the same category as Nelson is just wrong.

I would prefer Risner or even Garrett at that spot (or even another trade back) but it IS Grizmo's mock draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love is a baller who I think would fit in along side CHJ on the outside with Callahan in the slot and Jackson at safety. Being on a 4 year deal, he'll have his contract end around the same time Callahan, Jackson and potentially CHJ on a new deal would be up. I dont think you can ever have too many corners and having Love compete with Yiadom would be great for both their developments and also give us insurance for potentially if any injuries come up (both callahan and jackson have multiple seasons of having missed games). If not at the tail end of the 2nd round, I would look for David Long in the middle rounds. 

 

We can agree to disagree on Ford. I do agree he is on the heavier side and I would prefer him to go down to 320 from 330, but even at 330 he was in the top 5 of 3 cone drill and top 10 in the 20 yard shuttle. Additionally, he definitely isnt in the same tier as Nelson, but I like him better than Frank Ragnow, Billy Price, Will Hernandez, Braden Smith, James Daniels and Connor Williams who went in the top 2 rounds last year. 

 

Risner is ok imo. I like him, but I like Ford much better. Garrett is close due to his athleticism but I want to see McGovern there and see what he can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Here are my mock drafts for this year, one (A) assuming we stay put and another (B) with trades. 

 

Mock Draft A

 

Round 1 #10:  Ed Oliver (DL)

Ed Oliver played all across the Houston defensive line. That is a feature Fangio has mentioned he expects of all of his D-lineman. With all of our D-line starters up for free agency after this year, Oliver would project to secure one slot and bring back an interior pass rush we have missed since Malik Jackson. Added, he's great against the run. I would love to see what Kollar can do with a talent like Oliver and see if he can coach him up to be our Aaron Donald.

 

Round 2  #41:  N'Keal Harry (WR)

Harry isn't sudden. He's not incredibly agile. He's not an Emmanuel Sanders type of player. But he does have sneaky long speed and great hands similar to Deandre Hopkins. Sutton and Harry would form a tough combination. We would still need a quick route runner for the slot, but his passion and feistiness would elevate our offenses intensity.

 

Round 3  #71:  Chuma Edoga (OT)

As a former 5* recruit, he is athletic and smooth and can be nasty as well. What has him falling is his height (6'3) and that he doesn't show high effort throughout the entirety of the play, being content with initial wins vs his opponent. He is hit or miss in looking for work besides his initial counterpart. If he can have a fire lit under him, he can be a steal though as he is exactly the kind of swing tackle to develop with potential to become a starter.

 

Round 4  #125:  Justin Hollins (OLB)

Following FA, we have Miller, Chubb and a player who flashed but was also on the Practice Squad basically all year in Holland. With Ray and Barrett gone, we need another edge player to help keep our all star OLB's fresh. Hollins has speed (4.5 40 time) and size (6'5 248lbs) to try to develop into an impact player.  

 

Round 5  #148:  Kahale Warring (TE)

Solid all around player with surprising acceleration and really good blocking skills. He looks pretty good and I'm surprised he's not being talked about a little more but that helps this mock out as he falls to us.

 

Round 5  #156:  Terez Hall (ILB)

Hall reminds me of a poor mans Deion Jones as he is undersized, aggressive and powerful. Where he falls short is his instincts aren't quite where you want them as he doesn't work his way down the line and show some patience, rather shooting the first hole he can. This leads to openings in the running game. Hall has the makings of a great special teams player at the very least with upside to be a solid role player with Reggie Herring's tutelage.  

 

Round 6  #182: Albert Huggins (DL)

Played well in the championship game. Worth a flier to see if he is a good player just stuck behind a couple of 1st rounders. 

 

Round 7  #237: Jimmy Moreland (CB)

Very undersized at 5' 10 175lbs but had elite production and played well in the all star games.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mock Draft B

 

Trade: #10 (Dwayne Haskins) to the NYG for #17, #95, 2020 second round pick

After selecting Devin White at pick #6, the Giants trade up for Dwayne Haskins. Not only do we get an additional mid round pick this year but we gain some ammunition next year should we decide to pursue a QB in the 2020 draft.  

 

Round 1 #17:  Cody Ford (OG/OT)

Ford imo is underrated and i'm not sure why besides maybe his height? He is powerful, nasty, and finishes blocks as he shows high effort. Although he is 330lbs he is sneaky athletic for that size. While he might fit at tackle in a power scheme, he likely would not have the necessary athleticism there in a zone scheme. With McGovern shifting to center this year, we have a need at guard and Ford is up there with the best of them. (I'd argue second best IOL prospect in the past two years after Nelson). The two main ways to aid our QB's is with a stellar line and defense. 

 

Round 2  #41:  Jeffery Simmons (DL)

Getting that future second implies we are future focused for our team. We have a solid group of D-line starters this year but next year is a different story. Simmons should be healthy by next year and projected to be a Fletcher Cox type player pre-injury. Barring a crazy run, we likely aren't Superbowl contenders this year so taking a potential pro-bowler at a needed position is a no brainer. 

 

Trade: Broncos give: Rnd 3 #71 and Rnd 4 #125 

New Orleans give: Round 2 #62

Why would NO trade? They don't have a 1st or 3rd or 4th round pick and could use an extra pick in the middle rounds.

 

Round 2 #62:  Julian Love (CB)

Julian Love's getting his hands on balls. 16 PBU this past year and 20 PBU's the year before. He's a good tackler and plays with passion. Every corner this year has flaws and Julian does as well as he does not possess top end speed but he has the instincts to put himself is solid position. 

 

Round 3  #95:  Parris Campbell (WR)

Campbell is a world class athlete but he is 100% a project as the majority of his catches were on crossers or screens. He reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson in the ways he has succeeded thus far. He's a two time captain though so that gives me faith that he is willing to work to continue to improve his route running and become more than a gadget player. Ideally he would be available in the 4th but I highly doubt it due to his athleticism which is special enough to take a chance on now. 

 

Round 5  #148: Kahale Warring (TE)

Solid all around player with surprising acceleration and really good blocking skills. He looks pretty good and I'm surprised he's not being talked about a little more but that helps this mock out as he falls to us.

 

Round 5  #156:  Terez Hall (ILB)

Hall reminds me of a poor mans Deion Jones as he is undersized, aggressive and powerful. Where he falls short is his instincts aren't quite where you want them as he doesn't work his way down the line and show some patience, rather shooting the first hole he can. This leads to openings in the running game. Hall has the makings of a great special teams player at the very least with upside to be a solid role player with Reggie Herring's tutelage.  

 

Round 6 #182: Cody Thompson (WR)

Thompson isn't the fastest or most agile receiver as he plays similar to Chris Hogan or Adam Theilen. He does have a high IQ and is all around solid with athleticism as his biggest weakness.

 

Round 7  #237: Jimmy Moreland (CB)

Very undersized at 5' 10 175lbs but had elite production and played well in the all star games.

 

Your draft A is absurd. Ed Oliver gone Harry will be a 1st round  gone....Kahale Warring will be a late round 2 or start round 3 not 5 !!!!!!!

Draft B: Cody Ford too high will be 25/32.....Simmons will be late 1 st round not 2 nd...

Good try but replay.

I am not try to make a mock. I want some players but very complicate to say what the others teams want. This is a job and FO is here for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, French Fan said:

Your draft A is absurd. Ed Oliver gone Harry will be a 1st round  gone....Kahale Warring will be a late round 2 or start round 3 not 5 !!!!!!!

Draft B: Cody Ford too high will be 25/32.....Simmons will be late 1 st round not 2 nd...

Good try but replay.

I am not try to make a mock. I want some players but very complicate to say what the others teams want. This is a job and FO is here for this

Mocks are all in good fun, and generally fall under "wishful thinking" for players to be there. There are certainly scenarios in which both of those players fall to the respective spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, French Fan said:

Your draft A is absurd. Ed Oliver gone Harry will be a 1st round  gone....Kahale Warring will be a late round 2 or start round 3 not 5 !!!!!!!

Draft B: Cody Ford too high will be 25/32.....Simmons will be late 1 st round not 2 nd...

Good try but replay.

I am not try to make a mock. I want some players but very complicate to say what the others teams want. This is a job and FO is here for this

Ed Oliver is consistently mocked between pick 5 and 14. With the depth on Dline in this draft, it's not crazy to think teams will consider taking other players in the first and take advantage of the depth of the position.

Harry is one of about 8 other WR's who are ranked in the first two rounds and in various orders. Depending on team's boards, Harry could definitely be there in the 2nd. 

Warring is in a cluster of TE's too. You have Hockenson, Fant, Smith Jr., Sternberger, Knox, Smith, Oliver, Moreau, Wilson, and Raymond. I don't see 11 TE's going in the first three rounds... Warring definitely has a chance to be there in the early 5th. 

Saying Ford and Simmons will be drafted barely different than the spots I have them at isn't saying anything...If i'm off by 2/3rds of a round or more, then sure. If you have them rated that differently then I can see why you would think they're not good value. But 8-10 picks more isn't considered a reach at all, I just value Ford a tad more than you do. 

As Royal_VT said, mocks "generally fall under wishful thinking". I'm going to mock up my ideal scenario, not my 4th best case scenario... 

 

With all that said, what do you like/not like about the players i've selected for our team and their fit? Let's have some discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Ed Oliver is consistently mocked between pick 5 and 14. With the depth on Dline in this draft, it's not crazy to think teams will consider taking other players in the first and take advantage of the depth of the position.

Harry is one of about 8 other WR's who are ranked in the first two rounds and in various orders. Depending on team's boards, Harry could definitely be there in the 2nd. 

Warring is in a cluster of TE's too. You have Hockenson, Fant, Smith Jr., Sternberger, Knox, Smith, Oliver, Moreau, Wilson, and Raymond. I don't see 11 TE's going in the first three rounds... Warring definitely has a chance to be there in the early 5th. 

Saying Ford and Simmons will be drafted barely different than the spots I have them at isn't saying anything...If i'm off by 2/3rds of a round or more, then sure. If you have them rated that differently then I can see why you would think they're not good value. But 8-10 picks more isn't considered a reach at all, I just value Ford a tad more than you do. 

As Royal_VT said, mocks "generally fall under wishful thinking". I'm going to mock up my ideal scenario, not my 4th best case scenario... 

 

With all that said, what do you like/not like about the players i've selected for our team and their fit? Let's have some discussion.

I am not a fan with your selection . Many have red flags on him.

Ed Oliver is undersized and certainly will be a DE in NFL not DT not too big to play in the middle and caracheter concern.

N Keal Harry is not a route runner , not quick and no separation we can have a better player for this pick

Chuma Edoga is light for the position , character concern and foot step horrible

Haskins keep the ball too long , raw against the pressure and with a poor OL in Denver ughhhh !!

Cody Ford can play in the entire line but not great in 1. Sure a good prospect but not a fan

I prefer a wish list than a mock draft.

So my list is.

QB: Lock - Stidham- Rypien

WR: Andy Isabella

TE: Hockenson - Knox - Warring

OL:Williams - Bradbury - Risner

DL: Williams -  Lawrence - Allen

LB: White - Cashman

CB: Mullen

All of this players will not be available when Denver will be on the line but if we can get 3 or 4 of this prospect i will be happy !

In Bold my preference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×