Cole Madison reports to Packers Activities Today

Fox_NFLs_GG

6 hours ago, Norm said:

I mean, I think if we paid Turner that money to be a "maybe he is in the running" then we ****ed up. Lol

I think at the time we signed him we expected he'd be the starting RG and could play RT in a pinch. I think we could get an upgrade in the draft and make his starting spot tenuous at best. He's the 5th starter right now. I don't think he's a better player than Lane Taylor. 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

People sound like our OL was total garbage. We rushed for 5.0 per carry last year. That’s pretty damn good. 

As for pass blocking, I assume we will do less of that, be less predictable and hopefully Rogers gets rid of the ball faster to help that team skill improve. 

I don’t think we are all that far off and are in good shape now at OG.

The OL was really good in pass protection too. Our Oline was very good lat year. FWIW (and I'm not going to debate the merits of it) PFF ranked them 7th last year. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

I think we all need to begin considering the possibility of Turner as our potential starting left guard. His best NFL performances has come at left guard for Denver. There's no reason why we cannot consider him there for us. The Packers scouts watched him, saw him play well at left guard and the management decided based on that information to sign him to a large contract and then apparently all of a sudden we're now gonna turn around and play him in a different position. Nah I don't think so. My gut feeling he has been paid to be our starting left guard.

At right guard we have various options of Taylor, Siragusa, McCray, Madison, Patrick, Pankey plus whatever draft pick we bring in. In fact Lane Taylor original position was right guard. Played nearly his entire college career in that position so moving him back there shouldn't be much of an issue.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I think we all need to begin considering the possibility of Turner as our potential starting left guard. His best NFL performances has come at left guard for Denver. There's no reason why we cannot consider him there for us. The Packers scouts watched him, saw him play well at left guard and the management decided based on that information to sign him to a large contract and then apparently all of a sudden we're now gonna turn around and play him in a different position. Nah I don't think so. My gut feeling he has been paid to be our starting left guard.

At right guard we have various options of Taylor, Siragusa, McCray, Madison, Patrick, Pankey plus whatever draft pick we bring in. In fact Lane Taylor original position was right guard. Played nearly his entire college career in that position so moving him back there shouldn't be much of an issue.

It really doesn't matter.

31 minutes ago, Chili said:

That's what I slotted him at too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to hear gutey say in his interview today that Madison reported in great shape. Probably more interesting to hear him say that Madison might even fit the new offense better than MM’s and that  Madison fit/was a target of Tenn and SF last year.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/22/packers-excited-about-return-of-cole-madison-really-really-pleasant-surprise/

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Interesting to hear gutey say in his interview today that Madison reported in great shape. Probably more interesting to hear him say that Madison might even fit the new offense better than MM’s and that  Madison fit/was a target of Tenn and SF last year.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/22/packers-excited-about-return-of-cole-madison-really-really-pleasant-surprise/

Fairly pro ready in pass protection who lacks drive skills but has some lateral ability fits the game plan. 

The question isn't the fit, the question is the caliber of the player.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fairly pro ready in pass protection who lacks drive skills but has some lateral ability fits the game plan. 

The question isn't the fit, the question is the caliber of the player.

This, plus his mental state. I think he can overcome the latter but can he play? They liked him a whole bunch in shorts last year. Won't know until the pads go on.