Cole Madison reports to Packers Activities Today

Fox_NFLs_GG

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Hope he got his demons under control, but not all the way. You have to have a little crazy in you to be great at this brutal game. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I find really interesting about these discussions is, are we about to become an even more zone heavy team on percentages?

Of the 12 called runs against the Seahawks, 9 were zone runs and 3 were power runs.

Admittedly 3 of what I've classified zone runs had pulling lineman that's traditionally more aligned with power blocking, but if the other three lineman are zone-stepping, I would consider that a zone run. 

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What I find really interesting about these discussions is, are we about to become an even more zone heavy team on percentages?

Of the 12 called runs against the Seahawks, 9 were zone runs and 3 were power runs.

Admittedly 3 of what I've classified zone runs had pulling lineman that's traditionally more aligned with power blocking, but if the other three lineman are zone-stepping, I would consider that a zone run.

Not necessarily..............................

Depends on whether the RB followed the pulling lineman on those three runs you've considered zone runs.

If the RB did, then you had 6 zone runs and 6 power runs......which I believe is what they call a balanced attack.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not necessarily..............................

Depends on whether the RB followed the pulling lineman on those three runs you've considered zone runs.

If the RB did, then you had 6 zone runs and 6 power runs......which I believe is what they call a balanced attack.

Even zone runs have a direction called and the blocking formulates around that. All the pulling means is that you're trying to hit the second level defenders to the outside rather than catch them between the tackles on the second level. 

Hard for me to call anything power blocking when there are no combination blocks or double teams being called for.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even zone runs have a direction called and the blocking formulates around that. All the pulling means is that you're trying to hit the second level defenders to the outside rather than catch them between the tackles on the second level. 

Hard for me to call anything power blocking when there are no combination blocks or double teams being called for.

Then make it easy. Let me call it a power run based on the RBs movement. Makes the math much simpler too :)

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Then make it easy. Let me call it a power run based on the RBs movement. Makes the math much simpler too :)

What does the RBs movement have to do with anything? By that metric, if you're running an outside zone to the right, and the first TE wins his block then that is a power run?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What does the RBs movement have to do with anything? By that metric, if you're running an outside zone to the right, and the first TE wins his block then that is a power run?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The lineman determine blocking scheme. RB has nothing to do with it.

You may (or may not......) have noted the lighthearted nature :) of my comments?

• 2 weeks later...