John Dorsey

onejayhawk

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

But we didn't trade up for bad players. Sparks, since you mention him in particular, was a solid pick. It was excellent value where the got him, not a reach, and still solid value factoring the extras, meaning Do'D for us. The mid rounds went well. Nnadi is still a likely starter as the undertackle. Do'D is a ST Ace and may play a lot of WLB. Watts was looking solid til the injury. Tremon Smith was invaluable as a return man. McKenzie is a project but he's on the roster, not the PS. This was a good, solid draft. No big stars, but value for the slot down the line. 

Sparks should be at least as good in the 4-3, which is much closer to his college scheme. TK may show something, maybe short yardage. So far he looks like Hulk and plays like Banner.

Here's an article breaking down several recent trades. The top three are all Dorsey trades, resulting in Hunt, Jones and Mahomes. The next two are the Nnadi trade and the Speaks/Do'D trade, then some less fortunate results. At the very least, it's too early to say bad move.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Kansas-City-Chiefs-recent-draft-day-trades-ranked-130872027/#130872027_4

J

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

But we didn't trade up for bad players. Sparks, since you mention him in particular, was a solid pick. It was excellent value where the got him, not a reach, and still solid value factoring the extras. The mid rounds went well. Nnadi is still a likely starter as the undertackle. Do'D is a ST Ace and may play a lot of WLB. Watts was looking solid til the injury. Tremon Smith was invaluable as a return man. McKenzie is a project but he's on the roster, not the PS. This was a good, solid draft. No big stars, but value for the slot down the line. 

Sparks should be at least as good in the 4-3, which is much closer to his college scheme. TK may show something, maybe short yardage. So far he looks like Hulk and plays like Banner.

J

Speaks was a reach. A reach we traded up to make.

All the other guys have been part time players one of the worst D in football. I'm unimpressed so far. It's waaaaay too early to have an opinion on this draft and we probably shouldn't complain about Veach in this one, but let's not act like it's a HoF class either

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Speaks was a reach. A reach we traded up to make.

All the other guys have been part time players one of the worst D in football. I'm unimpressed so far. It's waaaaay too early to have an opinion on this draft and we probably shouldn't complain about Veach in this one, but let's not act like it's a HoF class either

Fine. We will disagree. What we have seen so far does not indicate Speaks was a reach. It also does not indicate that he cannot play with his hand on the ground.

All the rest are #75 and later. Regular playing time is a success and Smith made All-Rookie teams. 

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Fine. We will disagree. What we have seen so far does not indicate Speaks was a reach. It also does not indicate that he cannot play with his hand on the ground.

All the rest are #75 and later. Regular playing time is a success and Smith made All-Rookie teams. 

J

What did Speaks show to make you believe he wasn’t a reach? And I agree, him in a 34 and 43 won’t be the same so the jury is still out  

Smith was on the team as a returner in Dave Toubs system. Yes he had to play well in that scheme and he did. But it isn’t like he wasn’t be helped by the best ST coach in the league. He didn’t really do anything on defense. 

He played every game and started four. He picked up a couple of sacks. In short, he played like you would expect a mid-2nd round pick to play, especially one learning a new position. Compare Ford's first year. The final decision is still out, but the early returns are positive. So what if Smith was a return man. He was also a late round pick, so making All-Rookie is still a surprise.

I am not saying that it was a great draft, but you seem determined to say it was a disaster. It wasn't. In particular, there were no clear mistakes.

J

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dorsey doesn't seem to care about off the field issues at all. If you think about it, he drafted Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, brought in OBJ and now has drafted Greedy Williams and Mack Wilson, both of whom are being said to have attitude problems. Dorsey may be great at bringing in talent but once you factor in the cap hell and PR nightmare the players he acquired have caused for us, I'm glad he's gone.

I'm really liking what Veach has done in this draft so far and the only questionable contract I've seen him ink was for Sammie Watkins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

Dorsey doesn't seem to care about off the field issues at all. If you think about it, he drafted Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, brought in OBJ and now has drafted Greedy Williams and Mack Wilson, both of whom are being said to have attitude problems. Dorsey may be great at bringing in talent but once you factor in the cap hell and PR nightmare the players he acquired have caused for us, I'm glad he's gone.

I'm really liking what Veach has done in this draft so far and the only questionable contract I've seen him ink was for Sammie Watkins.

hes paid to win. He runs it like so as well.

1 hour ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

Fair point. I'd counter with saying no player can help you win if they're suspended or incarcerated.

all true points but if your the laughing stock for 20 years  (CLE) then sucess comes with big gambles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, valkrei said:

I like both. its crazy to think a future SB with KC and Browns is possible.

Since they are in the same conference it's not possible.

We might see some great Championship games.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

17 minutes ago, jimmydee said:

Is it just me, or is the only thing constant year after year the coaching staff and how they develop turnstile players??  People keep coming and going, and yet we keep winning.  How bout .."Nice job, Andy"??

No doubt!  Belecheat does the same thing the only dif is the SB's.