• Josh Jacobs [ RB ] Alabama
    • Mack Wilson [ LB ] Alabama
    • Marquise Brown [ WR ] Oklahoma
    • Nassir Adderley [ S ] Delaware
    • Noah Fant [ TE ] Iowa
    • TJ Hockenson [ TE ] Iowa
    • Other (Please State)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2019 at 06:15 AM

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel the same way but about Hock. Dont have a need but at some point teams can realize those 2 TEs pose matchup issues moreso than a 3rd/4th WR

Matchups won't matter when your interior OL looks like:

LG Brett Jones

C Pat Elflein

RG Josh Kline

Maybe I'm overrating the Vikes group of receivers but I'd think a Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph trio is still better than most. There is a definite need for a WR3 or successor to Rudolph, it's just hard to justify adding that player in round one given that MN made no upgrades in FA along the OL.

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

LG Brett Jones

C Pat Elflein

RG Josh Kline

Maybe I'm overrating the Vikes group of receivers but I'd think a Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph trio is still better than most. There is a definite need for a WR3 or successor to Rudolph, it's just hard to justify adding that player in round one given that MN made no upgrades in FA along the OL.

I don't think you are, its a great trio thats better than most. Like I said, I voted all OL anyways but Hock would be great value still

I mean, Kline is a slight upgrade on the IOL. I think taking Dillard at LT could push Reiff to LG and would significantly improve this year's Vikings OL over last year's. I also believe it's possible to find a starting-caliber guard or center after round one. It's MUCH MUCH harder to find a starting-caliber tackle after round one.

6 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, Kline is a slight upgrade on the IOL. I think taking Dillard at LT could push Reiff to LG and would significantly improve this year's Vikings OL over last year's. I also believe it's possible to find a starting-caliber guard or center after round one. It's MUCH MUCH harder to find a starting-caliber tackle after round one.

Has Reiff ever played guard, or are people just assuming he could do it? 

6 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm just assuming. 

Yeah, I've seen a few people suggest it as a potential option. I just can't recall seeing him at guard during his NFL career. Always thought the best thing about him was his movement, but he always seemed to have a suspect base. He's quite tall too, 6'6 which wouldn't be ideal. 

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, I've seen a few people suggest it as a potential option. I just can't recall seeing him at guard during his NFL career. Always thought the best thing about him was his movement, but he always seemed to have a suspect base. He's quite tall too, 6'6 which wouldn't be ideal. 

Fair point. That's a good chunk of what made him so effective at RT in Detroit. Personally, though, I wouldn't like to keep him at LT. Dillard would be a natural fit as a blindside tackle and is an athletic, fantastic pass-blocker. In my opinion, he's a can't-miss guy for a team that has had rough offensive line play for a while. I think he'd be an upgrade over Reiff, but Reiff is too talented to have on the bench. Maybe move Reiff back to the right, but Brian O'Neill is probably best suited to right tackle due to his power/base. It's a hard situation. Possibly trade Reiff to a team that needs a right tackle like the Giants or Texans?

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

LG Brett Jones

C Pat Elflein

RG Josh Kline

Yeah Brett Jones is a backup at least at center or guard, I doubt he is a starter in the NFL that is any good.  Heck Kline is barely good, or at least was nothing great last year.  Dillard would be ok but I doubt Reiff could transition to OG like some think he might.  In that case Risner or Ford make way more sense because both could easily play OG and probably will end up there or they could play RT as well.  More versatility and flexibility, not sure Dillard could play OG in the NFL to be honest and probably should not because he is solid at OT.  

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Fair point. That's a good chunk of what made him so effective at RT in Detroit. Personally, though, I wouldn't like to keep him at LT. Dillard would be a natural fit as a blindside tackle and is an athletic, fantastic pass-blocker. In my opinion, he's a can't-miss guy for a team that has had rough offensive line play for a while. I think he'd be an upgrade over Reiff, but Reiff is too talented to have on the bench. Maybe move Reiff back to the right, but Brian O'Neill is probably best suited to right tackle due to his power/base. It's a hard situation. Possibly trade Reiff to a team that needs a right tackle like the Giants or Texans?

Yeah it is a difficult situation if they go ahead and draft a guy like Dillard, but if they pick Risner or Ford it is much less of an issue.  

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

He has never played guard and not sure why people think he can.  Mike Remmers has more guard potential than Reiff does to be honest and Remmers was pretty awful at it last year and they just cut him because he was ridiculously overpaid.  Sure Reiff is more athletic but really does not have the power needed.  

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Zimmer has already spoken about it as a possibility. He's never played the position in the pros but I doubt coaches would be talking about if they weren't seriously considering the move. The Vikes shouldn't make long term decisions along the OL to fit the needs of an expensive, mediocre 30 year old LT.

If Kline can return to form, then yes. But he was about on par with Remmers last year.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Zimmer has already spoken about it as a possibility. He's never played the position in the pros but I doubt coaches would be talking about if they weren't seriously considering the move. The Vikes shouldn't make long term decisions along the OL to fit the needs of an expensive, mediocre 30 year old LT.

Yeah, looks like they need to look at all spots. If Dillard is the pick here, then Reiff should be competing for a starting gig elsewhere on the line. Personally think they might be better taking Risner or Ford, who are the kind of experienced linemen they should have been drafting years and are versatile enough to try out at a couple of spots. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, looks like they need to look at all spots. If Dillard is the pick here, then Reiff should be competing for a starting gig elsewhere on the line. Personally think they might be better taking Risner or Ford, who are the kind of experienced linemen they should have been drafting years and are versatile enough to try out at a couple of spots. 

I'm a fan of Bradbury personally given Elflein's versatility to play Guard. Ford or Risner both work. As long as they've got good feet, they should fit what the Vikes are trying to do. College position may not matter much.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

I agree completely, Risner and Ford gives them flexibility and both could play multiple positions, Dillard cannot and especially Reiff cannot.  So either get rid of Reiff which is probably not a great idea even though he is nothing great, or draft a player who can play OT or OG like those two can prospects can.  Unless they are fine sitting Dillard and not playing them but that is just stupid in the NFL of today unless it is a QB waiting in the wings.  

Went with Bradbury, Ford, then Hockenson.  Bradbury is great mix of value, need, and fit.  Ford provides positional flexibility and some insurance for O'Neill at RT (I'm still a bit skeptical).  Hockenson is just a value pick.   

I'd be cool with Risner or Lindstrom as well but I see them more as fringe 1-2s.

Archived