Cadmus TMI Mock Draft

Cadmus

Has to be the best, most well thought out mock I have ever seen. Outstanding job!!!!

But . . . I hope we dont, and I doubt we will, take Burns. I think he will end up going mid to late first. If he is there at 30, I would consider him.

10 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

Has to be the best, most well thought out mock I have ever seen. Outstanding job!!!!
But . . . I hope we dont, and I doubt we will, take Burns. I think he will end up going mid to late first. If he is there at 30, I would consider him.

Blasphemy!
:)

8 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Your entire response was high quality first comment @festiveonion

Welcome. 

I agree on the WR position--unless Gute sees a WR falling on Day 2 that he has a strong affinity for--there's a high probability they''ll wait until later on Day 3 to add to the position. 

I think the Packers FO is likely higher on both OL and WR groups in-house than the rest of us. I don't think Gute necessarily fears entering the regular season with Adams, Allison, MVS, EQ, Moore and Kumerow as the WR group. That being said-- I don't think that will stop him from adding to the WR group at any point in the draft if value presents itself. 

Call it beginners luck. I'll try keep my s***posts in reddit where they belong. No promises tho

If that group was good enough for Gute year 1 it certainly will be year 2. 
Another reason why signing a FA didn't seem to gel this offseason. 

With regards to this class, I very much like me the looks of a certain receiver out of Tempe... but again. Bias.
likewise, if the Gute WR height-fetish continues I can see a guy like Hakeem Butler looking very attractive to this FO. 
I like me some Arcega-Whiteside a ton personally. But I think the inevitable run on receivers sometime in the 2nd round will make it hard for one of "my guys" to fall to our 3rd. 
(where value matching up with perceived need starts to seem more appealing, assuming we stay put)

OL group should be a net positive already. Especially with Madison reporting.
Tho, again, I'm of the old TT (Wolf?) opinion that OL should be addressed every draft and this shouldn't be an exception. 

15 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Don't you guys think that Cashman is a Day 2 pick? From the few things I've seen I'd be pumped to have him in round 4, but I feel like he'll be picked in the end of round 2 or beginning of round 3.

I think he could go anywhere from the Early 3rd Round to the Mid 5th Round--and I think he's most likely to be drafted early on Day 3. 

Cashman had 3 shoulder surgeries in 2018, and there's a history of shoulder problems that extends back to at least 2016. 

Purely based on talent I think Cashman would probably be an Early 3rd RD selection, but that type of injury history will probably prevent a Day 2 selection.

I don't think his NFL Combine helped alleviate any injury concerns either--Cashman measured in with raptor arms (he had the shortest arms of any LB at the NFL Combine) and then he only put up 18 reps on the BP. Normally, the BP doesn't matter, but it can be indicative of shoulder health. Linebackers with 30" arms don't typically put up numbers in the high teens--they put up numbers in the high 20s-low 30s (at the very least mid-20s). He was the only LB that couldn't put up at least 20 reps on the BP that has received any Day 2 consideration--and almost all of the others that failed to hit that mark are Day 3 and PFA type players that have play strength concerns.     

Ultimately, I think the durability concerns simply push Cashman out of Day 2 consideration. 

Burns and Adderley are two of my favorite guys I've watched so far. I get the impression we might dig similar traits in players.

I also just watched Cashman a couple hours ago and came away thinking that if I had watched that tape with the consensus knowledge being he was a 1st rounder I wouldn't have batted an eye. Too bad about the shoulders, I really liked what I saw there.

Also, never heard of Christian Miller until right now, but I already like him more than Bosa ;) That bend and explosion he shows looks like top 20 material if he had more opportunity and was in a weaker class...

Very good write up. Thanks 

Love your picks after the first two. Adderly's injury has him off my board at least practically speaking. I hate Burns. Not a safe pick. He is after 20 in most thoughtful and informed boards for good reason.

Miller is a great pick up and there are even more sure things in round 2-4. That's where I see edge going.

No way we sign all those FAs. We will grab two DL no doubt. Deepest class in 20 years. Wren would be one good one.

I love your picks. Love Scharping and suspect he is target number two after Dillard. And may be target number one considering the price difference.

I really think we are targeting some very very sure things with the 12 & 30. Probably moving those picks too, at least one.

The beauty of this draft is that it's a home run with your picks after day one. Tweak the day 2-3 picks maybe a bit. That leaves 12&30 for picks that will transform the Pack. I GUARANTEE we will take a WR in round 1-3. They are looking very hard at four or so slot guys. Isabella is very high.

Amazing job and writeup. I love it when people detail out the thought process of what they're looking to do in a draft.

My question: Who do you think we'll be passing on at 12 and 30? You mentioned that Oliver will be gone, but do you think Burns and Adderly are the BPAs at each position you have them slotted at?

I don't think it was TMI at all and certainly appreciate the work. The only pick that I really don't like here is Sternberger. MAJOR reach when he could be had at 75. I also wasn't too impressed with the twitter clips either. He makes two plays in those clips where he takes advantage of a guy who badly misses a tackle and then out jumps a shorter safety while not getting any separation. Looks like Rich-Rod to me TBH. On the other hand, Alize Mack looks like he could possibly be the better of the two TE's you have here. The big interest in Sternberger is that he's a slower and more sluggish Zach Ertz, but like Ertz, he runs his routes impeccably well. However, Mack put up better numbers than Sternberger overall. 

Other than that, I prefer Burns over Sweat at 12 but wouldn't mind either. I prefer Burns for the reasons you gave really. He has the athleticism that Sweat does and unlike Trent Murphy(another guy that drew our interest) his spin move is far more fluid and not as mechanical. I also think he's a bit more stout that Sweat at the point of attack. Adderley would be a solid pick at 30 though I think he needs to refine his tackling and recognition skills. Miller is a good project player that can contribute some quality snaps early on. Same could be said about Wren who is clearly a rising player and will probably be a better pro than college player depending on where he lands. I'm perplexed on Blake Cashman. He's got the athletic traits you want, but he's got serious shoulder concerns as someone else mentioned and we really already have the same player in Burks and Jones. Cashman looks as if he's used more as a Safety than a LB in the OSU tape. Wouldn't mind drafting him if he can stay healthy I guess. The latter round picks all seem to fill secondary needs, no pun intended.

5 hours ago, Hands said:

Great job and well thought out procedure. I doubt any more FA are added, (very little cap space) and getting edge and TE guys this year is a must.

Thanks. 

LIS in a previous response--the mock was about putting forth a realistic path, it was never intended to be the most likely path. 

It was also about highlighting the fact we have the cap resources to sign another 2-3 low-mid tier FAs if we choose to do so. 

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Also, never heard of Christian Miller until right now, but I already like him more than Bosa ;) That bend and explosion he shows looks like top 20 material if he had more opportunity and was in a weaker class...

I said something similar to @JBURGE previously. 

He definitely would've had a shot at Round 1 in a weaker class. 

It definitely would'nt be a reach in my mind if a team drafts him before the end of the 2nd Round. 

Here's a few more of Miller:

Archived