My Fanspeak Mock

Silver_Lining

Just thought I'd post a mock I did using "Steve's Big Board" on Fanspeak.

https://fanspeak.com/?utm_source=OTC

Round 1, Pick 13

Rashan Gary, 6'4" 277 lbs, DE, Michigan

Round 2, Pick 16 (#48)

Chris Lindstrom, 6'3" 308 lbs, G, Boston College

Round 3, Pick 14 (#78)

Ryan Finley, 6'4", 213 lbs, QB, NC State

Round 4, Pick 14 (#116)

Dennis Daley, 6'5" 317 lbs, T, South Carolina

Round 5, Pick 13 (#151)

Shareef Miller, 6'4" 254 lbs, DE, Penn State

Round 7, Pick 19 (#233)

Chris Slayton, 6'3" 307 lbs, DT, Syracuse

Round 7, Pick 20 (#234)

Deion Calhoun, 6'3" 320 lbs, OL, Mississippi State

I'm gonna miss Cameron Wake but hopefully Gary will ease my pain. With Coach Flores having experience as a DC, I'm excited to get him more pieces for the defense. However, the real problem in Miami for the past several seasons has been the O-Line. Lindstrom and Daley hopefully develop quickly to protect QB Fitzpatrick's life. We don't have much depth behind him. I don't think QB in the 1st round this year is the right move but the 3rd round seems to have some quality QBs. I really like Finley. I still believe in selecting a QB in round 1 or 2 next year, but he should be a quality option down the road.

Edited by Silver_Lining

My thinking is having a QB who's worth good trade value in a few years. I'm thinking about when the Redskins drafted RG3 and then doubled down with Kirk Cousins. It turns out the Cousins pick was a good one. If Finley shows potential this year, perhaps we don't need to go QB in round 1 next year but rather BPA depending on where we land in the draft order. Yes, we could get a guy in the 3rd to compete for a starting position but there are no QB's worth more than Falk or Rudock after round 3 this year.

I love the Finley pick in round 3.  I would even like it in round 2.  We need a quality backup QB that is capable of challenging for the starting job in 2-3 years and that’s what Finley is IMO.  He has great accuracy and can throw receivers open......nice soft touch on deep routes......not amazing arm strength but solid enough.

Good solid draft with reasonable / realistic outcomes.  Nice job IMO!!!

4 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I love the Finley pick in round 3.  I would even like it in round 2.  We need a quality backup QB that is capable of challenging for the starting job in 2-3 years and that’s what Finley is IMO.  He has great accuracy and can throw receivers open......nice soft touch on deep routes......not amazing arm strength but solid enough.

Good solid draft with reasonable / realistic outcomes.  Nice job IMO!!!

Finley doesn't make a lot of mistakes which makes him great for a backup, great for a developmental team, and a great anti-Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Silver_Lining

7 hours ago, Silver_Lining said:

Finley doesn't make a lot of mistakes which makes him great for a backup, great for a developmental team, and a great anti-Fitzpatrick.

Yes but what are the odds a college QB who transfers schools including NC State will be successful in the NFL?

Oh hay Russell Wilson. 

7 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Yes but what are the odds a college QB who transfers schools including NC State will be successful in the NFL?

Oh hay Russell Wilson. 

LOL!!! 

The newer NCAA transfer rules are making transfers much more common, especially at the QB position.

1 hour ago, Rgossett07 said:

I actually messed around on the same site.  Only did a 4 round Mock but came up with

Rd. 1 Montez Sweat DE

Rd. 2 Chris Lindstrom OL

Rd. 3 Elgton Jenkins OL

Rd. 4 Will Grier QB

That's as perfect of a "somewhat" realistic 4 round mock for me as possible.  I don't think there is much of a chance that Lindstrom is there for us in the 2nd but I would jump for joy if he was.  I really want to see at least one of Lindstrom, McCoy, and Jenkins make his way to Miami in a few weeks.  I think Grier can be a capable backup in the league as well.  

13: R1P13
 EDGE RASHAN GARY
MICHIGAN

48: R2P16
 ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M

78: R3P14
 LB GERMAINE PRATT
NC STATE

116: R4P14
 OT DENNIS DALEY
SOUTH CAROLINA

151: R5P13
 EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC

233: R7P19
 OT/OG MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

234: R7P20
 RB DEXTER WILLIAMS
NOTRE DAME

6 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

I actually messed around on the same site.  Only did a 4 round Mock but came up with

Rd. 1 Montez Sweat DE

Rd. 2 Chris Lindstrom OL

Rd. 3 Elgton Jenkins OL

Rd. 4 Will Grier QB

I like this too but I messed around several times and couldn't get Grier or Finley to fall to our pick in the 4th. Maybe they could and I would love it.

5 hours ago, FinSting said:

Herald says take Florida State DE  Brian Burns with the #13 pick. Don't think he'll still be available tho

Armando Salguero is the biggest joke of a sports columnist that there is.  He is just awful.  Sad the Herald can't attract someone with better knowledge and common sense.