2 Weeks Out Mock Draft

WindyCity

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

My concern with Williams is a lot of his yards came against bad defences...against Clemson & Alabama he was basically all but shut down and that's the type of talent he will face in the pros...

If all those RBs are gone then we shouldn't be drafting a RB in round 3.

Did a single RB in the draft run well against those defenses?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Did a single RB in the draft run well against those defenses?

Define well? I can name you guys who didn't average 3.88 YPC against Bama and a frankly shocking 1.82 YPC against Clemson...those are stacked defences at the college level but that is nothing compared to an NFL defence...those two games have to be big red flags. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Define well? I can name you guys who didn't average 3.88 YPC against Bama and a frankly shocking 1.82 YPC against Clemson...those are stacked defences at the college level but that is nothing compared to an NFL defence...those two games have to be big red flags. 

And we can sit here and completely blame the RB...or we can remember that the OL that was going against Clemson's and Alabama's DL have 0 or 1 pros compared to 6-8 pros on their DL's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think we need to trade down a couple of times on day 3 and just spam rounds 6 and 7 with picks.

It wouldn’t shock me at all to see us trade down from 87. Moving from 87 to 95 with the Giants for example should net us 132 from them as well per the trade chart. If Pace has the RB in that range as close as we seem to in here then such a move makes a lot of sense IMO were it to be on the table. 

I haven’t posted a mock yet this offseason (done a bunch but haven’t posted) - may need to do that and play this out a bit more. 

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And we can sit here and completely blame the RB...or we can remember that the OL that was going against Clemson's and Alabama's DL have 0 or 1 pros compared to 6-8 pros on their DL's.

And I am not saying that the OL doesn't play a part...the same as I am not saying the OL played their part when he was running all over poor defences...I just don't see a 3rd rounder when I watch him.

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Saved me from bringing this up.  It's not always on the RB.

Playing 'Bama and Clemson IS like playing a pro defense.