Calvin Johnson is a first ballot hofer; change my mind

Kiwibrown

By chance is this inspired by Steven Crowder?

Absolutely not. He doesn't have the longevity/career numbers or the playoff dominance to get in over all of the other guys that have been waiting in line. Why would a guy who is 44th in catches,  30th in yards and 22nd in touchdowns be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer?

Edited by C0LTSFAN4L1F3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

By chance is this inspired by Steven Crowder?

Absolutely not. He doesn't have the longevity/career numbers or the playoff dominance to get in over all of the other guys that have been waiting in line. Why would a guy who is 44th in catches,  30th in yards and 22nd in touchdowns be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer?

He played 9 seasons at a pretty damn high level. 

He had 2 playoff games in his entire career and posted nearly 300 yards and 2 TDS. 

I would be shocked if he wasn’t first ballot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

He played 9 seasons at a pretty damn high level. 

Okay great. Other players were consistently productive for a longer period of time, making them more valuable as a player overall in their career. Again, 44nd, 30th and 22nd in rec, yards, and touchdowns respectively is not 1st ballot HoF worthy when there's many other players who have been waiting. 

Edited by C0LTSFAN4L1F3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Okay great. Other players were consistently productive for a longer period of time, making them more valuable as a player overall in their career. Again, 44nd, 30th and 22nd in rec, yards, and touchdowns respectively is not 1st ballot HoF worthy when there's many other players who have been waiting. 

You know as well as I do that’s not the end all be all on what’s deserving. 

He averaged 1300 yards a season and just shy of 10TDs a season. That’s HOF material. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

You know as well as I do that’s not the end all be all on what’s deserving. 

He averaged 1300 yards a season and just shy of 10TDs a season. That’s HOF material. 

I didn't say he wasn't HoF material. But without the longevity I don't see why he should be a 1st ballot HoFer. 

3 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

I didn't say he wasn't HoF material. But without the longevity I don't see why he should be a 1st ballot HoFer. 

9 years is a good length career and within that 9 years Calvin was the dominant top WR for probably 4 maybe 5 of them. That’s first ballot HOF.