Calvin Johnson is a first ballot hofer; change my mind

Kiwibrown

Every few years more and more people enter the top 10 or climb the top of rec and rushing yards. 

Being lower on the totem pole is going to mean less and less in the future because there will be a log jam of guys with 10k+ yards, to determine 2ho makes the hall of fame it will have to be more sophisticated than 10k and more than x amount of tds. 

I prefer dominance over accumulation. Torry Holt is in my hall of fame, Calvin is greater. 

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

What a silly idea to rate Calvin Johnson by his volume stats. None of those players you mention were as good as Calvin at his peak. He might be the most effective WR to ever step on a football field. Sure, lets leave him out of our Hall of Fame though, makes sense...

We are to factor in the accumulated stats of every receiver when looking at their HoF chances. Calvin is not arbitrarily exempt from this because he was great in his prime. Longevity matters. If you are to take a receiver, if you can only have them on your roster for 9 years, that is a factor. 

Please try to read more thoroughly, I never said that Calvin should be left out of the HoF. 

1 hour ago, jjab360 said:

Gah the "change my mind" meme is so counterproductive. Anyone who is actually interested in an open minded discussion does not open with "change my mind".

A lot of people change their views in discussion. Mine certainly does at times. Also it is a part of internet culture, dont over read into it.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I prefer dominance over accumulation.

But this assumes that you have to choose one or the other. Other players that have not gone in first ballot were dominant, and had dramatically more longevity, even if not quite as dominant as Calvin. If Calvin wanted to get in 1st ballot, he shouldn't have played 9 years. 

Gah the "change my mind" meme is so counterproductive. Anyone who is actually interested in an open minded discussion does not open with "change my mind".

And why not exactly?

Edited by C0LTSFAN4L1F3

9 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

In your opinion

If youre saying I think he will be elected as an HOF WR in his first year of eligibility is an opinion. Youre right.

If youre saying, me saying he is worthy of it is an opinion, youre wrong.  Thats a fact and there isnt even a real argument against it. When you consider some guys that have recently been inducted, CJ is far beyond their stats and talent. 

Me saying your wrong, yeah thats a fact too. It is what it is, i said what i said.

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

If youre saying I think he will be elected as an HOF WR in his first year of eligibility is an opinion. Youre right.

Well that is what I was saying, but regardless of phrasing it makes no difference. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If youre saying, me saying he is worthy of it is an opinion, youre wrong.  Thats a fact and there isnt even a real argument against it. When you consider some guys that have recently been inducted, CJ is far beyond their stats and talent. 

Yeah you're literally just stating your opinion dude. You need to look up the difference apparently. 

Like who? His statistical career is inferior to most WRs that have been inducted recently, and his overall career does not hold any more merit than them, TO, Andre Reed, Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown and Cris Carter all have amassed a superior career to Calvin but did not get in first ballot. If they had to wait, so should he. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Me saying your wrong, yeah thats a fact too. It is what it is, i said what i said

Lol, no it isn't.